◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
I ran another back to back comparison test last night on ACC with my PS4 Pro:

With the video output set at 2160p the graphics look like Gran Turismo 4 and the frame rate is descent. No jittering, but everything is so blurry it seems to be out of focus.

With the video setting at 1080p the graphics look like Gran Turismo 5 but the frame rate drops significantly. It hurts my eyes when I go into a corner. I start to drive on peripheral vision instead of looking into the corner.

I can't activate super-sampling mode. It says my TV is 4K

Boost mode is on. (I tested it in "off" a few days ago, but it didn't seem to make a difference.)

If you look at the GT4 DLC price, I'm not going to invest in the future DLC packs until I make up my mind to get the PS5 or upgrade to PC.

Overall I am pretty disappointed with ACC on PS4

With the video output set at 2160p the graphics look like Gran Turismo 4 and the frame rate is descent. No jittering, but everything is so blurry it seems to be out of focus.

With the video setting at 1080p the graphics look like Gran Turismo 5 but the frame rate drops significantly. It hurts my eyes when I go into a corner. I start to drive on peripheral vision instead of looking into the corner.

Boost mode is on. (I tested it in "off" a few days ago, but it didn't seem to make a difference.)

If you look at the GT4 DLC price, I'm not going to invest in the future DLC packs until I make up my mind to get the PS5 or upgrade to PC.

I guess a lot hinges on what direction sims and consoles go over the next year. After last night and my forays into Stance's rooms I can say that I am not running AC in our or any league due to those ridiculous penalties, even though it's a fun sim overall. It's ridiculous to sit there on the track as a hazard for 10 or 20 seconds.

I guess a lot hinges on what direction sims and consoles go over the next year. After last night and my forays into Stance's rooms I can say that I am not running AC in our or any league due to those ridiculous penalties, even though it's a fun sim overall. It's ridiculous to sit there on the track as a hazard for 10 or 20 seconds.
I can turn the penalties off you know.....just remind me while I’m opening up the room, cause, well, you know. If you do get a penalty, you have about 20 seconds to serve it. I wait until a corner is cumming up and coast into the corner...if I time it right, I can throttle up where I should. Does the clutch work to coast the car?????? Idk. Might work......maybe...get good bro.

ACC on the consoles are locked at 30fps. The used the same base engine as the pc version, but in order for the consoles to handle the graphics they had to drop it down to 30fps.

I can turn the penalties off you know.....just remind me while I’m opening up the room, cause, well, you know. If you do get a penalty, you have about 20 seconds to serve it. I wait until a corner is cumming up and coast into the corner...if I time it right, I can throttle up where I should. Does the clutch work to coast the car?????? Idk. Might work......maybe...get good bro.
I KNEW I had a Get Good Bro coming.
Maybe we need to check into a group discount for PCs...

I KNEW I had a Get Good Bro coming.
Maybe we need to check into a group discount for PCs...
@GTLehman Depending on how great you want the game to look, you can build a decent rig for around $500 to $800 dollars.

Here is the Email I sent to Sgeti and Red. If you cant click the link then just cut and paste. I will add more budget conscience builds to this post.

This is the 1st list with the case that I have. Although it is expensive, it has great air flow. The video card is a 2070 Super. To let you know, I am found of Asus and EVGA.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2pfspiff/saved/#view=cTRsLk

Same as above with a 5700XT video card.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2pfspiff/saved/#view=HR6Mbv

This has the B550 chipset with a 5700XT

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2pfspiff/saved/#view=sMgXyc

This is the B550 chipset with the 5700XT and my processor the 3700X

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2pfspiff/saved/#view=39p9rH

Intel build with a Asrock MB and a 2070 Super. I used a different corsair case that will provide good airflow, but is cheaper. Also the power supply is cheaper as well.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2pfspiff/saved/#view=XQYcbv

Same build as above with a Asus ROG Stryx 5700XT with a higher boost clock then the EVGA in the other builds.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2pfspiff/saved/#view=96dnt6

Here is a Intel build using the new L1200 socket (CPU socket) and a 10900K processor with the Ausu stryx 5700XT. This is the latest and greatest from Intel.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2pfspiff/saved/#view=Kfj4sY

Here is a budget build using an AMD 3600 and a 1660 TI video card. It should give good frame rates at 1080P with medium settings in the graphics area (above 60 FPS depending on the game). The 3600 is a 6 core processor so if you want to stream as well you may need another computer. The hard drive is only 500 gb which will give you storage for a couple of games. You can add a 1 tb mechanical drive for under $50 to use as a second storage drive.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2pfspiff/saved/#view=cQbtnQ

This is my PC. I built this back in January before covid so the price of things went up. I paid around $2K for everything. Can run iRacing in 4K at about 90FPS with no issue's. Again my tv will only run at 60fps due to the 60 hrz refresh rate. I can run ACC with max graphic setting 1440P at 122 FPS.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2pfspiff/saved/xFNnt6

You can find a cheaper case in the $50 to $70 range. NZT, Fractal, Corsair and Thermaltake are really good manufacturers. Like I said I choose mine for the air flow. I have the RGB fans set up to change with the temp of the CPU.

As far as Motherboards, I would stick with Asus, MSI ,Gigabyte or Asrock. I’m personally using a Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero MB. You don’t need to be dumb like me and spend over $300. The biggest thing is to make sure that you have enough USB ports. Between the headset, steering wheel, button box, 8 TB external

for video storage, Key Board and Mouse that is 6 USB ports used. My motherboard has like 8 or ten USB ports. Also with the Tuff B550 and I thing the 570 it is using a 2.5 gigabit ethernet port which will allow you to upgrade your internet to 2.5 should you choose to and availability. It still works like a normal 1 gig ethernet port.

Here is the site for PC Parts Picker. Do some research then add the parts you like. It will tell you the cheapest price and if there will be any incompatibility issues with your selection. Also if you are looking at the 2060 then go with the 5700XT, it is a better card. Lastly I did not get a MB with wifi. I can add that in later if I want. They are not that expensive and it allows you to upgrade the wifi card as the specs get better.

My PC is a Asus ROG crosshair VIII Hero MB, AMD 3700X CPU, Corsair vengeance RGB Pro 4X8 GB of DDR4 Memory at 3600 mhz, Crucial MX500 2tb SSD storage drive, Noctua NH D155 CPU cooler, Samsung 970 EVO 1tb M.2 SSD for operating system and Iracing, EVGA Supernova 750 G+ 80 plus gold modular power supply, Corsair Icue 220T RGB Airflow case and a EVGA 2080 Super 8gb DDR6 Ultra video card. All my PC and consoles are hard wired to my router going through the Netgear JGS524 V2 unmanaged switch. I run an MSI laptop for streaming and an old Intel core 2 dou for JRT pages which give me my timing on the laptop and my dash is sent to a 32” TV above my 55” through the HDMI port from the same laptop.

Last edited:
Hey guys, don’t mean to poke my nose in like this, but a little birdie told me there was PC talk :D. A few year ago when I decided to make the switch it was not easy because I didn’t use computers, so i was clueless 100%. I went to Best Buy and spent $1,000 Mercian on a pre-built PC. It was plenty strong and fast enough to get in the PC world of sim racing. If you know computers its definitely better if ya can build it yourself though, I could not :lol:. I will also tell you I struggled learning to work stuff, but got a lot of help, and now there are things I can do where I impress myself some days! The gaming options you have with a PC are pretty sick, overlays, apps, running trips, you name it, not to mention the amount of new racing equipment you are now opened up to :bowdown:, and no more restrictions on wheels and pedals! So this was just my experience, If it helps anyone I don’t know? Once you dip your toes in you will be swimming in no time :lol:. Hope everyone is well :cheers:

You can definitely get a decent PC pre built from Best buy, Micro center and the many online manufactures if you don't want to take the chance on building one yourself. There are plenty of videos on how to build a pc if you decide to take a step into the unknown. Here is a good PC build guide from Paul's Hardware. Although it is from 2019 it still is a good reference and the setup vid is for 2020.

What you don’t trust me with your email?
Don't really like to put my email address here so I knew sgeti or red would forward it, which sgeti did right away. Easy as that lol

@GTLehman Depending on how great you want the game to look, you can build a decent rig for around $500 to $800 dollars.

Here is the Email I sent to Sgeti and Red. If you cant click the link then just cut and paste. I will add more budget conscience builds to this post.

This is the 1st list with the case that I have. Although it is expensive, it has great air flow. The video card is a 2070 Super. To let you know, I am found of Asus and EVGA.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2pfspiff/saved/#view=cTRsLk

Same as above with a 5700XT video card.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2pfspiff/saved/#view=HR6Mbv

This has the B550 chipset with a 5700XT

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2pfspiff/saved/#view=sMgXyc

This is the B550 chipset with the 5700XT and my processor the 3700X

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2pfspiff/saved/#view=39p9rH

Intel build with a Asrock MB and a 2070 Super. I used a different corsair case that will provide good airflow, but is cheaper. Also the power supply is cheaper as well.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2pfspiff/saved/#view=XQYcbv

Same build as above with a Asus ROG Stryx 5700XT with a higher boost clock then the EVGA in the other builds.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2pfspiff/saved/#view=96dnt6

Here is a Intel build using the new L1200 socket (CPU socket) and a 10900K processor with the Ausu stryx 5700XT. This is the latest and greatest from Intel.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2pfspiff/saved/#view=Kfj4sY

Here is a budget build using an AMD 3600 and a 1660 TI video card. It should give good frame rates at 1080P with medium settings in the graphics area (above 60 FPS depending on the game). The 3600 is a 6 core processor so if you want to stream as well you may need another computer. The hard drive is only 500 gb which will give you storage for a couple of games. You can add a 1 tb mechanical drive for under $50 to use as a second storage drive.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2pfspiff/saved/#view=cQbtnQ

This is my PC. I built this back in January before covid so the price of things went up. I paid around $2K for everything. Can run iRacing in 4K at about 90FPS with no issue's. Again my tv will only run at 60fps due to the 60 hrz refresh rate. I can run ACC with max graphic setting 1440P at 122 FPS.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2pfspiff/saved/xFNnt6

You can find a cheaper case in the $50 to $70 range. NZT, Fractal, Corsair and Thermaltake are really good manufacturers. Like I said I choose mine for the air flow. I have the RGB fans set up to change with the temp of the CPU.

As far as Motherboards, I would stick with Asus, MSI ,Gigabyte or Asrock. I’m personally using a Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero MB. You don’t need to be dumb like me and spend over $300. The biggest thing is to make sure that you have enough USB ports. Between the headset, steering wheel, button box, 8 TB external

for video storage, Key Board and Mouse that is 6 USB ports used. My motherboard has like 8 or ten USB ports. Also with the Tuff B550 and I thing the 570 it is using a 2.5 gigabit ethernet port which will allow you to upgrade your internet to 2.5 should you choose to and availability. It still works like a normal 1 gig ethernet port.

Here is the site for PC Parts Picker. Do some research then add the parts you like. It will tell you the cheapest price and if there will be any incompatibility issues with your selection. Also if you are looking at the 2060 then go with the 5700XT, it is a better card. Lastly I did not get a MB with wifi. I can add that in later if I want. They are not that expensive and it allows you to upgrade the wifi card as the specs get better.

My PC is a Asus ROG crosshair VIII Hero MB, AMD 3700X CPU, Corsair vengeance RGB Pro 4X8 GB of DDR4 Memory at 3600 mhz, Crucial MX500 2tb SSD storage drive, Noctua NH D155 CPU cooler, Samsung 970 EVO 1tb M.2 SSD for operating system and Iracing, EVGA Supernova 750 G+ 80 plus gold modular power supply, Corsair Icue 220T RGB Airflow case and a EVGA 2080 Super 8gb DDR6 Ultra video card. All my PC and consoles are hard wired to my router going through the Netgear JGS524 V2 unmanaged switch. I run an MSI laptop for streaming and an old Intel core 2 dou for JRT pages which give me my timing on the laptop and my dash is sent to a 32” TV above my 55” through the HDMI port from the same laptop.
Holy c**p Spiff, no wonder Sgeti said he needed a bunch of coffee to get through this, that's a ton of info, thanks for doing all that :bowdown:

I really was quite impressed after trying Mike's PC yesterday. ACC was the first sim that I actually liked the feel of his Fanatec wheel when I tried it on the PS4 a few weeks ago. But the feel of it on the PC was even better.

@2pfspiff

I did not make enough coffee :lol:. This is great stuff.
Greatly appreciate all the work you did to give us B O B's this info.

I will also tell you I struggled learning to work stuff, but got a lot of help, and now there are things I can do where I impress myself some days!
upload_2020-7-29_9-30-58.png

Don't really like to put my email address here so I knew sgeti or red would forward it, which sgeti did right away. Easy as that lol

Holy c**p Spiff, no wonder Sgeti said he needed a bunch of coffee to get through this, that's a ton of info, thanks for doing all that :bowdown:

I really was quite impressed after trying Mike's PC yesterday. ACC was the first sim that I actually liked the feel of his Fanatec wheel when I tried it on the PS4 a few weeks ago. But the feel of it on the PC was even better.

It's all good I was only joking around. I figured that I would just cut and paste it in the Forum. If you give me a price range I will try to put a decent PC together for you give or take $50. Then you can decide if you want to go forward, buy pre-built or forget the whole thing. Since covid everything has jumped up.

Also to remember is that Nvidia is about to release the 3000 series of video cards. Usually there is only about a 15 to 20% increase of performance from last gen. The difference between the 1000 series and the 2000 series was Ray tracing besides the typical performance increase. Plus they went from DDR5 memory to DDR6 memory which has faster speeds.

Again with Acc, it is using the base engine for the console which is capped at 30 fps. We have been playing Pcars 1 and 2 which has been running closer to 60 fps. It is a noticeable difference between the 2.

The bottle neck for my system is my TV. At 60 hrz it is only capable of 60 FPS. That is why I have my system set to Vertical link which locks my PC to my refresh rate. That way i don't get any screen tearing. If you watch any of my videos you can see my FPS counter and it rarely drops below 60 FPS.

Here is a vid from the other day. I was looking at the incidents in the race. I am the yellow/Black/Purple SK modifieds at New Hampshire. I just figured out how to get through the incidents. If you look at the upper right area buy the track overlay, you can see the FPS counter. I am pretty much maxed on my graphic setting minus a couple that I don't need. the counter barely moves with my PC setup.

Here is my wreck in the second race from the cockpit view. The video after is from the replay view.

Last edited:
Just think of me as your fix dealer. The 1st shot is heaven. Then you spend the rest of your life chasing the dragon.

Some more iRacing crash highlights. Don't mind the title, it did not save right.

Last edited:
I think we are in the worst "lull" of sim-racing right now. We just don't know what consoles are going to do with their new power. Right now, I'm sitting on the best box store equipment, on a DIY rig, with no interest in paying for a $2K+ PC system. Especially when I know I'd join IRacing once I made the investment. Frankly, I've already overspent considering I use my rig about twelve hours a month! Granted, this Covid crap has had a real damper on my gaming, but still, I just want to race with my homeys on PS5.

And why am I posting at 5:00 am? I can't sleep. My Uncle was diagnosed with COVID Wednesday after spending Monday at my Mom's house. He felt sick Tuesday morning so his wife, whom is THE VICE PRESIDENT OF CLINICAL SERVICES for our County Health Department, told him to go get tested. After leaving the test he went and golfed nine holes, then went to the bar and had a few beers, then went home and got his results on the answering machine. My Mom and I, nor my son and his grandmother/my mom, have seen each other since March - even though my brother passed last October. I swear guy's, if I didn't have some beer, and some Sim-racing against some AI... There's a world of hurt I would like to put on my uncle right now, but my good sense keeps me from doing anything irrational. Fortunately, my mother is feeling fine so far, and will be getting tested later today. My aunt and uncle went to two graduation parties last weekend, had all their grand kids for a birthday sleepover the weekend before, and my uncle goes golfing and to the bar daily. All of this my Mother and I were unaware of until after he stopped by her house, and then was obligated to let her know he was infected. PISSED!!!

Last edited:
There's a world of hurt I would like to put on my uncle right now, ............... My aunt and uncle went to two graduation parties last weekend, had all their grand kids for a birthday sleepover the weekend before, and my uncle goes golfing and to the bar daily. All of this my Mother and I were unaware of until after he stopped by her house, and then was obligated to let her know he was infected. PISSED!!!

I hope your mom and family members all test negative.

As far as your uncle's behavior, you have every right to be pissed off. It is not just your uncle. This country is full of "uncles." All whom have been listening to a racist real estate agent give medical advice. What could go wrong? Is it any wonder why this country is so f'd up. We as a country are 6 months into zhitty waist deep covid and the water is still rising due to the lack of our leaders ability to establish a coherent national response.

Wear a mask, wash your hands, avoid large indoor crowds, and social distance. These are the tools we have at the present time to slow the growth.

On that sad note, as I sit here typing, my PS4 is being initialized back to new. It’s gone. No more console for me. As much fun as it’s been, it’s time to slither over from the dark side to the Pitch Black side of the PC world. I really only upgraded for the flight sim, but after racing on my new toy, there’s no comparison....I’m not going to harp the benefits, just know, it’s Baaawesome.
Where this leaves Lobanaro? I don’t know. A bunch of us BoBs have already made the decision to upgrade, so the Lounge might be moving as well. , ATM tho, Idk. If someone else wants to run a room on Monday feel free, just run it under another banner. Lobanaro Lounge is a copywrited name with the department of Homeland Scrutiny......They are watching. Lol.

I really hate to do this to the regular guys who have been faithful to us over the past 3+ years, but, it was time to take the next plunge. Shaun is setting something up on pc under the SRM banner which looks very interesting.

As I don’t have the console anymore, my PSN account will vanish like a Democrat asked a question.

Soooo, I’ll still follow this thread and keep it alive just to keep in touch with the Wanks I call my friends. I’ve opened up a Discord account and it’s Confusing to use at first but my rapier fast brain navigated through it like Sulu hits warp factor one. (Really, I’m still confused). But my contact name on Discord is
Lobie#8322 Thanks David for the nickname....although I’ve been called that all my life. Steve will be piping in soon.

See ya.

Well what can I say, Lobban's bailed on us so how can it be called the Lobanaro Lounge anymore?

All kidding aside, I guess all things run their course, we had a good 3+ years of good banter and fun racing. I will certainly miss those of you who don't come over to the darkest side eventually. I will also have a new PC up and running in the next couple of weeks. After trying Mike's out, there was no hesitation for me to go that route either. It is just that much better, and more stuff available. I doubt I'll be going the iracing route, but ACC, Atomobilista 2 and even PCars 2 on the PC will be good. I'll still have my PS4 running for Dirt Rally and WF though.

So a big thanks to all of you who have been apart of the Lounge, and especially to those who've been with us since the start. You're support was awesome.
:cheers:

Steve

Sad to see you guys go. Hadn't raced with you for too long but I loved the competition and banter. I am usually running a lobby starting at 7:30 est to about 10:30. Everyone is always welcome to join. I usually know everyone in the lobby so it is great racing. I also am in a couple of leagues with Twiggy. Let me know if anyone is interested in them. Again, sad to see you guys go. I am also at the crossroads, and this has influenced my decision even more. I have a laptop that is good for most games, but I don't know how sim racing will go on it. It is the Lenovo Y50 if anyone knows it. Thank you for the great lobbies and conversation. Don't be a stranger! Hop on every once in a while if you're in the mood to get beat :sly:

Back