◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
The infamous DW posting in the lounge, now we are complete, :lol:
How goes it stranger? You doing much racing these days, by any chance have PCars2? Our motley crew includes more than a few you will know from past and present, the invite is always there for you. :cheers:

Infamous?! I was given to understand "notorious" was more apt. ;)
Only thing I race nowadays is my cat to my couch. I frequently lose that race but since I'm bigger'n she is, I disabuse her of the notion it's her couch. She frequently flat out-naps me however.

Don't have a PS4 and I've yet to see anything from any of the current batch of racing games that encourages me to get one. Unless a long lost aunt or uncle leaves me a :censored:ton of greenbacks or I win the lottery I don't think it likely I'll get one either. Thanks for the invite in any case. :cheers:

Last edited:
Infamous?! I was given to understand "notorious" was more apt. ;)
Only thing I race nowadays is my cat to my couch. I frequently lose that race but since I'm bigger'n she is, I disabuse her of the notion it's her couch. She frequently flat out-naps me however.

Don't have a PS4 and I've yet to see anything from any of the current batch of racing games that encourages me to get one. Unless a long lost aunt or uncle leaves me a :censored:ton of greenbacks or I win the lottery I don't think it likely I'll get one either. Thanks for the invite in any case. :cheers:
We'd love to have ya DW. Maybe checking out a few of the posted feeds from Monday will give some motivation, we have a great time here.

Last edited:
New update last night. It seems like it may have some physics updates.. I took the Lotus 49C out at Algarve and it seemed to have more identifiable understeer if I floored it in the corners.
That RSR is a sweet car to drive - great pick @Rednose58

Anyone else have a problem last night saving and naming setups? No matter what I named it, I always received a message saying it violated the profanity rule. I even tried naming it “stable”, the exact verbiage SMS uses and received the same profanity message.

Anyone else have a problem last night saving and naming setups? No matter what I named it, I always received a message saying it violated the profanity rule. I even tried naming it “stable”, the exact verbiage SMS uses and received the same profanity message.
Sounds like Bear's squirrels came over to visit. Take their whiskey away....

New update last night. It seems like it may have some physics updates.. I took the Lotus 49C out at Algarve and it seemed to have more identifiable understeer if I floored it in the corners.
That RSR is a sweet car to drive - great pick @Rednose58
The following is from another thread.
Addition of the Ferrari 488 Challenge car, and liveries from the 2017 Ferrari Challenge series. This is the latest Ferrari to feature in Maranello’s single-marque championship, and the most powerful car in the series’ 25-year history.  
Addition of two new layouts to the Porsche Leipzig on-road circuit.
Corrected a small number of turbo and suspension issues on various cars.
Resolved an issue where some drivers would appear stuck on track during qualification or race session.
Resolved an issue where the end of race results would display incorrectly.
Resolved multiple ghost loading issues in time trial.
Polished the Online Reputation calculations, including tweaks for when players retire due to excess damage.
Corrected an occasional issue of players being taken to the wrong lobby if the host set up a new lobby whilst the old one was populated.
Mechanical failures no longer include aerodynamic damage.
Various improvements to the AI at a number of tracks and conditions.
Solved an issue in career when, under certain circumstances, the standings would not display correctly.
Multiple other miscellaneous fixes and optimisations.

- Change in tire model for the GT3 and GTE class
- Change in diffs for the GT3s

These notes are noticably smaller than previous update notes. We had to refrain from listing every single fix as they were causing massive delays with certification. So keeping the notes smaller allowed us to push the update out for you all much quicker.

So how does one find out what the conditions for the race will be as in weather and date?
You don't find out specifics until around midday Monday's. General rule of thumb is if the track has only one layout you will be guaranteed that at least one race will have some form of precipitation, rain most of the time. If there are multiple layouts then it usually stays dry, but that's not a guarantee.
It's a good thing to practice in cooler conditions as well. If you were to practice only in, lets say summer at 13:00, and then we ran the first race in spring at 09:00, then you'd be in a bit of trouble.
When we first started the series the track wasn't even announced beforehand. Nowadays, even though we are including the track with the cars, Mike and I don't even decide on time's and weather until at least Sunday night.

Saw somebody else post about this issue. Very weird and frustrating to have happen.
Before the patch finished downloading and installing what I did was take in front and deleted all my pre-patch 5 tunes as what was advised for patch 4. I haven't booted up the game since but I'm hoping that would counter this frustrating issue. I'll be firing up the PS4 to check out later. Keeping fingers crossed.

All is good now with saving and naming setups. Seems like it was just a temporary glitch. FFB seems a little "off" now; more rumble than feel. At least I can easily readjust the FFB setting to my liking.
I played around with it a bit Friday night. Definitely a little different. I think they tweaked the tire model again. Unfortunately, it seems the puddles have even more effect in rain races. I didn't try raising tire pressure, but that will be my next attempt.

Here in Michigan we're on the tail end of the nasty ice storm. Lost power for a few hours last night. Hopefully @SGETI and the other northeastern guys don't get hit too bad today. You guys have had your fill of storms this year.

I'm headed to Detroit tomorrow morning, so I won't make it tomorrow night. But this should conclude my business in Detroit (99% sure.) So I should be back to racing next Monday night. Good luck to all tomorrow.

@RobbiefromBC posted this in another conversation. He's probably traveling this weekend so I thought I'd put this here for him and you all. It's totally worth the watch.

Not traveling, but rather working on my other race car getting ready for another race weekend!

ThunderHill was an awesome track... you can just barely make Turn 1 flat out, the car is super light and floaty at turn in so you have to be really careful!

Not traveling, but rather working on my other race car getting ready for another race weekend!

ThunderHill was an awesome track... you can just barely make Turn 1 flat out, the car is super light and floaty at turn in so you have to be really careful!

Thunderhill is awesome. Havent driven it, but been a passenger in a Z06 and GTR around there and its a blast. Very cool man!

Our turn for storms. Lot if rain here the past week. And especially the past 48 hours with thunder and heavy rain all day here...
All is good now with saving and naming setups. Seems like it was just a temporary glitch. FFB seems a little "off" now; more rumble than feel. At least I can easily readjust the FFB setting to my liking.
I haven't noticed any FFB issues, although I did end up looking at my deadzone settings last night. I was surpised because all three had numbers albeit low ones. My steering had a deadzone of 1, but when I set it to 0 it felt less 'geary' and much smoother, which I had startred to notice a few weeks ago. Seems PCars2 still has little gremlins.

So our turn for some poor weather, although nothing near like what some of you guys have had. It's been a very rainy and cool spring this year. Notmally its averaging 83 degrees by now but it's been more like 78. The past 48 hours have had something like 208% more rain than normal - which is a lot considering we're among the wettest places on Earth. 27" in th elast day with T-storms all night and day today which are rare for us. The entire island of Kaua'i is under a flash flood watch...
FB_IMG_1523843774782.jpg
30713755_10216393892224112_8607781168957358080_n.jpg

30714036_10216393892784126_1977083599375040512_n.jpg

30714372_10216393890824077_3238112944105455616_n.jpg

30724367_10216393891784101_6907645607813316608_n.jpg

30738999_10216393891344090_6328706749574414336_n.jpg

@aerolite @Mike Lobban
Tonight‘s Porsche 911 is my favorite car to drive. Unfortunately tonight is too close to my wife’s birthday to [selfishly] race. In attempt to avoid divorce papers, I must pass tonight. She would never understand this sacrifice but I bet most of you can. I posted a time with tonight’s combo, heck, it’s probably already defeated. That would be apropos. [Picture a big bottom lip: yes, I’m pouting > :indiff: :lol:].

@aerolite @Mike Lobban
Tonight‘s Porsche 911 is my favorite car to drive. Unfortunately tonight is too close to my wife’s birthday to [selfishly] race. In attempt to avoid divorce papers, I must pass tonight. She would never understand this sacrifice but I bet most of you can. I posted a time with tonight’s combo, heck, it’s probably already defeated. That would be apropos. [Picture a big bottom lip: yes, I’m pouting > :indiff: :lol:].
Define too close, lol. No worries, happy wife is a happy life!
I saw you had done a TT so that gave me something to go after, I pipped your time by 1.5 sec's (2:19.598), but that was Sat and I haven't turned it on since then, so I'm sure my time is gone as well!
See you next week.

Any A guys get fuel usage?

Yea, what's with this weather we are all getting lately, it's crazy.
We got 15cm of snow, then a nice layer of ice, now it's raining. Still, better than all the rain your getting on Kauai Shaun.
IMG_1824.JPG

Last edited:
It seemed like I was using 5 litres a lap. So 25-30 maybe? I was doing something like 2:20 - 2:25 in the dark because I'm stupid. There isn't even lights on the thing.
I couldn't find any times for the car in time trial to compare it... but I suddenly noticed a familiar name pop up. #510 Aeroliteflight. :bowdown:

Last edited:
This arrived a few days ago - the one Carroll Smith ''to Win' seies thatb7nhad lost over the years - I still have the others: 'Engineer to Win and 'Prepare to Win'. They're great books covering the nitty-gritty of race cars and this one has a lot of info on suspension and tire physics. Smith's writing style is a lot of fun too and a good enough reason to read the book .
I ordered it partially for nostalgia, as I actually found a copy I could read for free online when I was searching for it .

IMG_20180416_062534028.jpg

Define too close, lol. No worries, happy wife is a happy life!
I saw you had done a TT so that gave me something to go after, I pipped your time by 1.5 sec's (2:19.598), but that was Sat and I haven't turned it on since then, so I'm sure my time is gone as well!
See you next week.
Damn you all with your fast times. I did a lil practice run myself and the most I could pip was 2:28.900. Woe is me. That is with about fuel for 15 laps.

:gtpflag: Race Day :gtpflag:

Thanks again to @Rednose58 for this combo.

Track - SPA
Group A - 1989 Audi 90 quattro IMSA-GTO - Max start fuel - 33 Liters
Group B - Porsche 911 RSR - Max start fuel - 25 Liters

Race 1 - 12 Laps - Summer - 10:00 - Med Cloud - Overcast
Race 2 - 10 Laps - Summer - 12:00 - Fog/Rain
Race 3 - 12 Laps - Summer - 14:00 - Fog - Med Cloud - Clear

Invite List for tonight:

Group A
@CB_racer
@coltsjugg
@Rednose58
@RobbiefromBC
@SGETI
@sgohsixthree
@Xradkins

Group B
@Mike Lobban
@aerolite
@Alex ONeill
@davidt33
@dret7277
@GTLehman
@GUTTERBOY3007
@yogi bear

Waiting to hear from my son and daughter-in-law. They are on their way from Lethbridge to Fort McMurray. I think we are on their schedule to have dinner tonight.... another potential sacrifice...... family first!

I think there should be a good mix between the A's and B's tonight - enjoy if I can't make it.

EDIT: They are traveling tomorrow, not today. So, do I get brownie points for sacrificing racing for family? Better get dinner going here for the wife so I can get some practice in before 6 pm my time.

Last edited:
Back