◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
Sounds like you guys had a fun night. Bummed I missed out. Hopefully my physical therapy starts paying dividends and my back/hip/leg starts improving enough to race every week. MRI next week to look for any major damage - don't know what to hope for. If there's something that could be fixed surgically, I'd probably do it right now.

Steve, I have to admit that I'm getting a bit concerned for you. A couple weeks ago you had headaches and dizziness, now nausia. I hope you're checking in with the Doctor. We definitely don't want to see anything bad happen to you. Maybe you should give up the beer and whiskey just as a precaution... Bwaahahaha! :lol:

Hope to see y'all next week, and a big Congratulations to Robbie and Mike for dominating in California!
I have seen the doc a couple of times lately and I think we have a handle on headaches and dizziness after some blood work and other trial and error remedies. As for the nausea last night I'm pretty sure it was from something I ate at lunch, I checked this morning and noticed the expiry date was three weeks ago, but as it was mixed with other stuff I didn't notice anything off. I believed I have now "expelled" the culprit, lol. Feeling fine now anyways.
I pretty much gave up drinking for the month of March and didn't notice any difference!
Hope you get your ailments under control, be good to have you back on a regular basis.
Sorry to bore you younger guys with this stuff, see what you have to look forward to when you reach BOB status, or close to it!

@2pfspiff for his first win in the Lounge.

Thank you. The second race was a battle for the last 5 to 6 laps. I think we pretty much had a freight train of cars from 2nd to 6th or 7th place duking it out. I will load my video up to night. Definitely was the best race that I ever had.

Yeah man you @dret7277 and I had a fantastic race 2! Glad I was able to stick around for race 2.

I agree. Like I said last night I had to readjust my shift point going into turn 2. I kept sliding out it so I started down shifting to 3rd right at the left hander before the tire barrier by pit exit.

Thank you. The second race was a battle for the last 5 to 6 laps. I think we pretty much had a freight train of cars from 2nd to 6th or 7th place duking it out. I will load my video up to night. Definitely was the best race that I ever had.

I agree. Like I said last night I had to readjust my shift point going into turn 2. I kept sliding out it so I started down shifting to 3rd right at the left hander before the tire barrier by pit exit.
Thanks to Robbie for sharing his tune for that front wheel drive p.o.s. I went from the back of the pack to the middle because of his tune...it felt like a different car. The first race I did with default tuning not fun at all.

Yup, it's agreed it was a fun night. Surely missed ya Aero - Glad you're making progress with the doc. I won't take chances with questionable food anymore, I always err on the side of caution. Glad the drinking wasn't a factor either - one of life's simple pleasures is a tasty adult beverage.

Yes a great time as always in a car I wasn't fond of. Had some good racing with Shaun, and especially David - well done man!
Good times, can't wait to see what next Monday brinks, especially since I am off...

Last edited:
:gtpflag: Announcement :gtpflag:

Cars and track for next week.

Track - LeMans

Group A - Renault Clio Cup
Wk29-Renault Clio @ Ruapuno.jpg

Group B - Porsche 917 CanAm
Wk49-GrpA-Porsche 917 CanAm @ Historic SPA.jpeg

You sadistic bitter old ba..tard. ..you had better be kidding!!!!
If not...you are gonna see how wide a clitoris ass end is... he's weaving he's weaving!!!.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Sorry, we couldn't resist! We came up with this idea last night when you didn't show up for the endurance race and we were talking about you behind your back :D. Actually, not we, it was all SGETI's idea! Too much fun, ya know we love ya Mel :cheers:

STBY for the real combo announcement coming soon.

What is this, Some kind of sick joke??????????????

Which Lemans track?????

Just read your last post. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Last edited:

What is this, Some kind of sick joke??????????????
Which Lemans track?????
Just read your last post. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Three clues the announcement was fake, title wasn't the usual, Report #2 was not updated (it's the official report), and who would ever run the Clio there! Could you imagine, it would give people way too much time to drink on the straights!

And David, the next post is for real, I believe you will be ecstatic :D

:gtpflag: Cars and Tracks for Monday May 7th :gtpflag:

Ok guy's, we are going to change things up for next week. We will run at two tracks with two races at each, one in the day and one at night. You will use the same car all night.
There are two changes as well, one is significant.
First, NO Mandatory Pitstop.
Second, we will be running with PERFORMANCE IMPACTING DAMAGE turned on (thanks for planting the seed Mcinnis). As you can just bounce off the walls and guard rails at these tracks with little to no penalty, we decided to do this, it will totally change the way you will race here. If you hit another driver or have any contact with track barriers, (you can get away with small rubs and contact but not much), you will get damage. Even the slightest damage will have your steering wheel offset and your handling compromised. You will most likely have to pit once you get damage and the time in the pit is significant.
From testing, we suggest you set your damage to just repair the suspension only as it will always be affected. This will take about 25 seconds to repair once you stop. With the other damage settings turned on it was taking about 1 1/2 minutes so you don't want to do that, plus the other parts don't seem to make much difference if affected anyways.
The night races, yea, something different as the cars have no lights, but you can see just fine, plus we will be driving that much more carefully!
So don't be that guy that just thinks you can go charging off, this is going to make the way you approach the race completely different, and being open wheel cars, even more challenging. We do suggest you get some practice in for this one! The cars are very close as well.

Tracks - Long Beach and Azure Circuit

All races are 20 minutes, in clear conditions, and in summer. Both cars use Track tires. (You guys can figure out the fuel on your own this week)

Race 1 - Long Beach - 13:00
Race 2 - Long Beach - 21:00
Race 3 - Azure Circuit - 13:00
Race 4 - Azure Circuit - 21:00

Group A - Lotus 49
ScreenHunter_14-Nov.-09-09.26-492x400.gif

Group B - Lotus 49C
1969-lotus-49b-graham-hill-monaco-grand-prix-J3YP9R.jpg

Last edited:
we will be running with PERFORMANCE IMPACTING DAMAGE turned on

Long Beach and Azure? Two walled tracks with damage.:confused: Then you give us some old Lotus, no brake lights, just to raise the the limit a bit more. :indiff: Are you trying to make this a dry room, no drinking or smoking?:crazy: I guess I should start looking for a headlight adaptor kit. :lol:

Loving It. :bowdown::cheers:

Just need to toss in some snow or thunderstorm to give us a little challenge.

Ok guy's, we are going to change things up for next week. We will run at two tracks with two races at each, one in the day and one at night. You will use the same car all night.
Second, we will be running with PERFORMANCE IMPACTING DAMAGE turned on (thanks for planting the seed Mcinnis). As you can just bounce off the walls and guard rails at these tracks with little to no penalty, we decided to do this, it will totally change the way you will race here. If you hit another driver or have any contact with track barriers, (you can get away with small rubs and contact but not much), you will get damage. Even the slightest damage will have your steering wheel offset and your handling compromised. You will most likely have to pit once you get damage and the time in the pit is significant.
From testing, we suggest you set your damage to just repair the suspension only as it will always be affected. This will take about 25 seconds to repair once you stop. With the other damage settings turned on it was taking about 1 1/2 minutes so you don't want to do that, plus the other parts don't seem to make much difference if affected anyways.
The night races, yea, something different as the cars have no lights, but you can see just fine, plus we will be driving that much more carefully!
So don't be that guy that just thinks you can go charging off, this is going to make the way you approach the race completely different, and being open wheel cars, even more challenging. We do suggest you get some practice in for this one! The cars are very close as well.

All races are 20 minutes, in clear conditions, and in summer. Both cars use Track tires. (Fuel quantity to come)

Group A - Lotus 49
View attachment 733774

Group B - Lotus 49C
View attachment 733773

Well I guess you guys will be the guinea pigs for SRMs first Performance Impacting race lol. Thanks for throwing me under the bus, now everyone know where to send the hate mail.:lol:

All races are 20 minutes, in clear conditions, and in summer. Both cars use Track tires. (Fuel quantity to come)

Group A - Lotus 49
View attachment 733774

Group B - Lotus 49C
View attachment 733773
This is another prank right?
<---Watching Aero cokey eye.

Group A - Lotus 49
View attachment 733774

Group B - Lotus 49C
View attachment 733773

Remember how I said you rock......

Welllll...

F'N A YOU GUYS ROCK HARD!!!!!!!!!

This will be absolutely awesome. It will be tricky for sure, but the damage aspect really adds another factor and certainly tightens up the realism.

download.jpeg

Annnnd, we get to drive the 49C!

well-played-sir-well-played-indeed.jpg

Mr. Baaawesome here.

This performance impacting race will definitely change the way you drive and will be an interesting test of everyone's clean abilities in tricky cars on very tight tracks. I expect we will all get damage at some time during every race where we will have to pit for repairs. If you run into someone else, your car will be damaged too, drive it like you own it for real. The cleanest, not the fastest will win. Personally, I had no idea Mcgoogle had suggested that for his SRM room, he might have mentioned it, but as usual, I wasn't listening. It was in testing when we could bounce off the walls with no consequences that I suggested it. Another incentive for clean driving is all the penalties will be on too.
Bear, did you like the prank? Blame Sgeti. David seemed to prefer the LeMans combo, not as many turns. This could also be Davids time to shine, he may be slower, but he does drive clean......most of the time.
As Aerowax said earlier, practice, practice and more practice

These old lotus’s though :crazy: why?!?!? I can’t stand these p.o.s.’s!!! Damn you BOBs
Why? Because they are some of the greatest race cars ever built for their time, and driven by some of the best drivers of all time. They were fast, controllable and powerful, a true test of a drivers skill when watching them master one of these, especially at these tracks. Driven correctly in PC2, they are awesome. To call them a p.o.s. is pure blasphemy!
And like I've said before, if any of you don't like them, well, you know how the old saying goes:D

Last edited:
Back