◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
Man, the level of your laziness knows no bounds. 'Oh, I'm just too tired to put together a race night....wah.' :lol::lol:
But seriously-
So you will still be hosting rooms on Monday, but they will just be arrive and drive and no scoring, correct?

I would look forward to doing some AC with our group, so it's pretty exciting. Just for the record, I'm still not sick of PC2, the racing we had yesterday was great, I just want more of that regardless of the platform.

Yeah, Mike will host some AC and ACC night's, but just quick get together nights with not much planning.
I'm actually not that sick of PCars2, just a bit tired of the testing and picking combo's each week and then having 5 or 6 guys show up. It was hard to make this decision after the great racing on Monday, but it's only until September right now. I was surprised by the lack of numbers on race nights during Covid and I guess we are in the height of summer so people are busier.

Actually, I'd love to hear your guy's opinions on ACC. I've heard the FFB is kinda knackered on the TM wheels, there's no cockpit adjustments or button mapping, and the graphics are kinda sloppy. I was really looking forward to this game, but it seems the porting may have been a bit of a stretch.

I'm really liking ACC. I have no issues with my G29 and Sgeti seems to be ok with his TM. The no cockpit adjustments sucks but you can map buttons. Outside the tracks and cars, the graphics are nothing to write home about, but I don't give a crap about that as I'm not looking at that stuff anyways. The driving physics are really good, and you had best drive the cars like you would in real life or you'll be in trouble. Even though it's just GT3 cars for now, each one is so different to drive and most of them are really good feeling. I'm sure there will be updates coming to the console to fix the complaints, that's pretty normal in all sims.

Lobanaro is going on a hiatus for the summer and will reassess things in September.

I think a few months off from PC2 is a change we have all seen coming for a while. The thrill, the anticipation, loss of breath as I take my seat, waiting to be teased and engulfed in a feeling of passion and desire has faded, the honeymoon is over. I still enjoy PC2, some days more than others. Kinda like your spouse. :banghead::cheers:

As far as ACC. My TM wheel works great. There are some issues with ACC but none of them have stopped me from wanting to take the game for a ride. The driving feels great once you adjust the steering ratio per car. Some new tracks. The 30 fps a non issue for me.

Even tho I am no longer married I still need a "night out". I look forward to the banter and laughing from this lounge and group of friends.

Major announcement for the Lobanaro Lounge.

Lobanaro is going on a hiatus for the summer and will reassess things in September. I think Steve and I are just about done with Pcars2. It’s been a good run, but with attendance being as low as it is lately, we both decided it’s not worth the work for 5 or 6 racers. It’s too bad for the group core of guys who are here every week, but, don’t despair, there will still be Monday night racing, just not in PCars....... I think most if not all of us have AC or ACC. I’ll still host a room on Mondays alternating between the 2 games, but just for fun...at least until we see what Pcars3 or God forbid GT7 looks like. For now though, we have to go with the best we got, which is not Pcars anymore.

Stay tuned to the thread during the hiatus for updates. As mentioned, this is only a break, not the end of the best, (imo) and most fun racing league on PS4.

As always, your comments and suggestions, (except for Bear....lol) are welcome.
It's been good racing with you guys.. good luck in the future.

Ouch. Talk about ripping the band aid-off. We can still be friends, right....think of the BoBs... Maybe we can alternate Mondays... call me...
I'm not mad... I,m just not a fan of asseto corsa and its gt3 only. I figure there's about 40 cars We haven't driven yet... front wheel drive and gt3 excluded. So pcars still has a lot to offer me
I understand Steve and Mikes position.. why put in all that time and effort for 6 drivers.
There might be an opening in camels room on wed night, but that's very serious competitive racing.
I'd join twiggys league but he only allows cockpit view, and I've gotten used to roof view now.
Give me an invite if you are on pcars and see me on.

I'm not mad... I,m just not a fan of asseto corsa and its gt3 only. I figure there's about 40 cars We haven't driven yet... front wheel drive and gt3 excluded. So pcars still has a lot to offer me
I understand Steve and Mikes position.. why put in all that time and effort for 6 drivers.
There might be an opening in camels room on wed night, but that's very serious competitive racing.
I'd join twiggys league but he only allows cockpit view, and I've gotten used to roof view now.
Give me an invite if you are on pcars and see me on.

Roof view? That's like a sissaid isn't it?
No, I know we will all still be racing. I will get ACC if I have to, but I'd rather stick with AC for a while. It's got F1 cars we've (I've) never driven in a race.
I would be tempted to put together some sort of Classic league if there wa sa good day and time for it. Maybe a mixture of AC and PC2 - class racing over four weeks. F1, VGTA-B-C and D, VPTA-B, Can Am. something semi-serious but laid back like what we have.
Looking forward to the new twist on Mondays though.

For now it’s a hiatus until Sept. we will then reassess the situation. By that time PCars3 will be out, who knows.......
Hopefully pcars 3 will rethink their no pit stop, magical tires that grow tread etc. .. I don't buy their ******** about detracting from the driving with pit stops etc.. for those that don't want it... turn it off.
I say they are just being lazy asses. Pcars 2 has it, why is it so hard to just import it into pcars 3.

Roof view? That's like a sissaid isn't it?
No, I know we will all still be racing. I will get ACC if I have to, but I'd rather stick with AC for a while. It's got F1 cars we've (I've) never driven in a race.
I would be tempted to put together some sort of Classic league if there wa sa good day and time for it. Maybe a mixture of AC and PC2 - class racing over four weeks. F1, VGTA-B-C and D, VPTA-B, Can Am. something semi-serious but laid back like what we have.
Looking forward to the new twist on Mondays though.
Why do you think I bought a jeep with a sunroof? That way I don't have to turn my head sideways when I'm driving.
Ha double post... fish please.... cmon, nobody gonna give me fish?
You guys should have really give group c more chances... those are the closest to the big banger can am cars.. ya don't need to run lemans all the time with those cars. We've run them at Watkins, Long Beach, road America, Daytona road course. Each car shines in its own way depending on the course.. even the jaguar. and GTO... I've got that Audi tuned in...rear wheel drive only. Even camel never got further away from me than 8 seconds in the Ferrari. That was after 30 minutes. But alas, a rookie took me out when I was lapping him. Full damage... sigh....

Last edited:
Major announcement for the Lobanaro Lounge.

Lobanaro is going on a hiatus for the summer and will reassess things in September. I think Steve and I are just about done with Pcars2. It’s been a good run, but with attendance being as low as it is lately, we both decided it’s not worth the work for 5 or 6 racers. It’s too bad for the group core of guys who are here every week, but, don’t despair, there will still be Monday night racing, just not in PCars....... I think most if not all of us have AC or ACC. I’ll still host a room on Mondays alternating between the 2 games, but just for fun...at least until we see what Pcars3 or God forbid GT7 looks like. For now though, we have to go with the best we got, which is not Pcars anymore.

Stay tuned to the thread during the hiatus for updates. As mentioned, this is only a break, not the end of the best, (imo) and most fun racing league on PS4.

As always, your comments and suggestions, (except for Bear....lol) are welcome.

Major announcement from SRM.

Now hosting lobbies on Mondays to pickup the slack (and lack) of pcars2 racing by Slobbanlame-o Lunge!

:lol: jk

Respect the call, could feel the burnout. Count me in for whatever on Mondays.... especially if it's Automobilista 2. ;)

Major announcement from SRM.

Now hosting lobbies on Mondays to pickup the slack (and lack) of pcars2 racing by Slobbanlame-o Lunge!

:lol: jk

Respect the call, could feel the burnout. Count me in for whatever on Mondays.... especially if it's Automobilista 2. ;)
I'm coming back from the mountains next tues.. so count me in for the following Monday.

Sorry guys my internet has been a mess the past couple days which is why I wasn't there mon or tues. Hate to see the league go on hiatus but I understand. Everyone is always welcome to join me when I'm on, I either host a lobby or join Twiggy's and either way it's always great clean racing.

I will wait before I jump in (unless they insentivise early purchase...... they always do...:irked:)

Here is an interesting perspective, though.

Thinking about it:
GTSport: Sprint races exclusively. I have no idea how to tune a car (other than to buy more HP or drop some weight) or how pit stops work. Base tunes are good (or you just learn to dive the car) Tire pressure not adjustable.
Lobanaro: Currently sprint races. Normal times we did pit stops 1 in 4 weeks. Tuning is required and with a good tune you are competitive. With a bad tune you are lousy.
SRM: Sometimes pit stops, sometimes not. Tire wear accelerated, so it may become a factor. Sometimes an endurance race where tires and fuel plays a roll.

If PCars3 is going to steal people from GTSport they have a lot to do in the Lobbies, a lot. (except private lobbies, GTSport don't do private lobbies)

So, a lot of pros and cons and adjusting your mind in what you want to do. All I know is that I don't want to buy every new thing that's coming on the market and then don't spend enough time enjoying it and get my money's worth.

How hot is it.........
163daa84-1396-4f52-962d-288bb7e6ddc7_1.cefed83816140e5d297b2ec0f7727a99.jpeg

Any of you Muricans that thinks it doesn’t get hot up here in the Great White North, today we are 93F feels like 109 with 60% humidity, it’s like an oven out there!
I hear you Steve, when I had to return to sask. For 5 days it was like 30 Celsius.. was so happy to return to the mountains, 16 Celsius overnight, hit 22 in the afternoon. Went golfing, it was 20 in the morning, got to 23 in the afternoon, slight breeze..

I will wait before I jump in (unless they insentivise early purchase...... they always do...:irked:)

Here is an interesting perspective, though.

Thinking about it:
GTSport: Sprint races exclusively. I have no idea how to tune a car (other than to buy more HP or drop some weight) or how pit stops work. Base tunes are good (or you just learn to dive the car) Tire pressure not adjustable.
Lobanaro: Currently sprint races. Normal times we did pit stops 1 in 4 weeks. Tuning is required and with a good tune you are competitive. With a bad tune you are lousy.
SRM: Sometimes pit stops, sometimes not. Tire wear accelerated, so it may become a factor. Sometimes an endurance race where tires and fuel plays a roll.

If PCars3 is going to steal people from GTSport they have a lot to do in the Lobbies, a lot. (except private lobbies, GTSport don't do private lobbies)

So, a lot of pros and cons and adjusting your mind in what you want to do. All I know is that I don't want to buy every new thing that's coming on the market and then don't spend enough time enjoying it and get my money's worth.

There is always Iracing for all you crazy guys out there with PC's!! Lol

Honestly, if things don't change on console, might have to go to PC. Project cars 3: not a sim. Forza, NFS, GT, F1: lol. AC: sim, but only GT3 (and 4). What other options are there? I would become so intensely bored doing nothing but GT3 in ACC. I want a sim with historic cars and a large selection of tracks and a variety of different kinds of cars. What other options do I have on console besides PC2? Pretty much none.

There is always Iracing for all you crazy guys out there with PC's!! Lol
That is a different level of commitment. My laptop is a "Gaming Laptop", but it is on the low end of the scale. Can't even support VR.

I spec'ed up this thing to about $6,000 USD and put it in the Shopping Cart, but when i asked my wife for her credit card she did not agree. I'll try again in a month or so. I need more chore credits. She needs a shoe rack in the garage and some pictures on the wall. I'll just have to sneak a VR set in as if it comes with the package.

Hey Wankers....I hope you all remember that the Lounge is closed for the summer.
What I am going to do is open a party about 7:30 est. and horse around on ACC. If you have the game join in, nothing serious, we’re all still learning the game. I do suggest that you get that golden 99 number on the TR scale so you can join larger rooms. This goes for David, ya goomer, playing wreckfest when you could be building points......HOW DARE YOU MON.

Honestly, if things don't change on console, might have to go to PC. Project cars 3: not a sim. Forza, NFS, GT, F1: lol. AC: sim, but only GT3 (and 4). What other options are there? I would become so intensely bored doing nothing but GT3 in ACC. I want a sim with historic cars and a large selection of tracks and a variety of different kinds of cars. What other options do I have on console besides PC2? Pretty much none.

PC2 is really the only game on both platforms to offer that, especially for the price.

Assetto Corsa comes kinda close, but still lacking content unless you install an ungodly amount of mods on PC.

Automobilista 2 On PC can basically be what PC3 should have been, but they are going to lack the licenses for a lot of content.

Raceroom and RFactor2 offer good variety, but still lacking in vintage stuff. And a high overhead to get into comparatively.

It’s worth noting that while those games have their perks, they all have terrible user interfaces that make pCars2 look like Luisa.:drool:

PCars2 really is the most complete game. Looking at features, content, polish (irritating bugs withstanding) none of the other stuff has what it offers. So unless GT7 can be that and much much more than any previous GT. Sim racing on next gen consoles doesn’t look great right now.

Well pcars 2 is a perfectly good game.. why kick it to the curb just because new inferior games have come out?
There's still a lot of cars not raced in league racing.

Back