◆SNAIL [S.P.E.C.] Closed!!!PS4 

• Thread starter Zii1993
  • 476 comments
It's race night.

Make sure you have added AAE_APEX_ZERO and Fallen_log to ensure you get an invite tonight. Invites will be sent out at 8:30 EST. Racing will start at 9 PM.

Join early enough to get any connection issues sorted. We don't want another Midnight finish if we can help it.

Argh can’t make it tonight. Trying to download PC2 on my newly acquired PS4 but setup and dinner etc etc is taking longer than expected.

Count me in next week for sure.

Out of respect and politeness. It's not fair to you guys that my lack of experience will take out a the entire pack

Just keep practicing bro, at the end of the week come race day you should decide then whether you want to race. You were a lot faster in qualifying since Tuesdays practice so keep at it. 👍 keep turning laps @ round 1 & round 3 Redbull (car will change) until we find out what new combo will replace round 2.

Any thought of putting damage on? It should make people drive more cautiously. Should cut down on the aggressiveness when cars are bunched together. Just a thought.
I've got no problem with damage on. Especially in these short races it will make you take care of your car as a pit stop to repair basically means you're out of the running.

Just throwing this in for the damage discussion. If people are wantin to leave do to in exeperience and feeling like they messed the grid up then wouldn’t that have been 10 times worse with damage? Example last week at Dubai race 2 start.

You’re frustrated now? Imagine your frustration when your entire race is ruined because your car is damaged beyond functioning due to things out of your control.

Solution is to just maybe be patient and follow people around a little longer instead of trying to defy physics with a hero out brake maneuver. Would you rather have a nail biting battle behind someone or just ruining both of your races trying an amazingly daring move?

Patience is key.

Just throwing this in for the damage discussion. If people are wantin to leave do to in exeperience and feeling like they messed the grid up then wouldn’t that have been 10 times worse with damage? Example last week at Dubai race 2 start.

It may not fix every issue, last night's inexperience was an isolated issue. I am hoping we can get more cautious. During the first race I was in front for towards the end of warming the tires for qualifying and before I got to the start/finish line I was being passed or had cars running next to me. I made sure I gave room, but now I had to navigate being taken over on the first lap of qualifying. With the people we race with the fast racers are going to work their way to the lead.

Everyone here that’s ever raced in any other series I set up knows I’m all for damage. Hell @IceWarden and I have had a lot of back and forth about it in the past. What would help with contact is people filing IRs. Then people can learn what not to do. I don’t have time to watch every single drivers race and see if they were clean. It’s on you guys to bring this to me. I’ve removed probation periods from the penalty system so it’s literally only a point penalty for the night if you get one. I know no one wants to make waves but this needs to start happening or I’ll just have to start watching a single driver per race and start filing myself.

Last night's incident in the second Dubai race was due to a driver overdriving the turn and instead of just staying out to the edge of the track they turned right back into the middle of the track leaving the driver on the inside nowhere to go. It's the little things that create the big things. I say it's a lack of understanding "racing". There is more to racing than just being faster than the next guy of course. Maybe it was a mistake.....I've made plenty of them in all walks of life

This is a sweet mini series of videos that will help any racer. More then 10 episodes. I have posted all videos below... Enjoy :cheers:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back