|☆[ SOUTHERN SLIDERZ ]☆|NOW RECRUITING AUS/NZ DRIVERS|

• Thread starter DrifTa-AJV
  • 367 comments
Wow GT6 is ruthless felt like I just bought the game for the first time after 2 years of GT5.

I finally pin pointed the main problem with the drifting physics Most of you guys probably realised this a long time ago forgive me im a slow learner :lol: but after playing with rfactor and real feel plugin which uses steering rack physics for force feed back drifting and force feed back is very smooth this is the reason you can lock to lock in rfactor and hold massive angle all the force is feed directly from the front wheels. For quite a long time I blamed the tires and every thing else I could think of in gt6 for bad physics but after today I can narrow it down to 1 major thing and thats the g force meter. I realised that PD are trying to feed to much physics through the wheel when racing and using better tires it feels natural like a normal steering wheel because you are not throwing extreme side to side movement through the wheel you are trying to create a smooth driving line but when drifting the g force meter is way to aggressive. Today I noticed it bouncing from side to side and while drifting I immediately felt like takumi fujiwara trying not to spill the cup of water and realized the balancing act we are always trying to perform in gt6. I always blamed the tyre physics for feeling like driving on ice but now I can plainly see that it is the g forces giving me constant greif.

Much credit to all the guys who have mastered it.

Last edited:
So I have spent a couple days doing some tuning and I have finally gotten my GT6 mojo back :lol: Im going to open a room tonight if anyone is keen for a slide. Will be on for most of the night after 8:30
Gran Turismo Arena (Layout A).jpg

So I have spent a couple days doing some tuning and I have finally gotten my GT6 mojo back :lol: Im going to open a room tonight if anyone is keen for a slide. Will be on for most of the night after 8:30 View attachment 153753
I'll come, and i'm sure some of the other JDMT boys will too! 👍 (thats if we don't have a room for you to join 1st ;))

A couple shots from Last night with Me and @Stavingo. Also going to put up some tunes later on this afternoon I spent 2 whole days tuning this week (had some time of work) and I think I have come up with some really good balanced tunes.👍

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs_1.jpg

Drifta, if you use the focal distance you can get both cars to be clear. Also sre had the same problem joining us yesterday.

I'm probably taking a small hiatus from drifting a little bit, wanna wait for the Senna content to come out and figure that all out, probably still gonna get on here and there but I'm enjoying the new GTA updates wayyyy too muchh :lol:

I'm probably taking a small hiatus from drifting a little bit, wanna wait for the Senna content to come out and figure that all out, probably still gonna get on here and there but I'm enjoying the new GTA updates wayyyy too muchh :lol:

All good I've been pretty busy with work its never ending I worked 70 hrs this week :banghead:

Boiz, I think a certain tournament is coming back into the forum this July, and guess who will be competing as well :cool:

I need some judges for halp dough.
Hopefully the dates work for me this time around so I can get involved.. If they do it might be able to pull me off rFactor... Ahah
Wasn't too happy that I had to miss out last time

Hopefully the dates work for me this time around so I can get involved.. If they do it might be able to pull me off rFactor... Ahah
Wasn't too happy that I had to miss out last time

Well it's either end of June or first week of July, but I gotta get the whole comp finished within 2 days.

I'm looking forward to this, though I might have to compete under someone elses name, as I'll be moving house and my rig wont be set up.

Back