♤☆RSM Matsuri Weekends☆♤ *Under construction* (PLANNING: Schedule/times, themes) Your Opinion/Idea??

• Thread starter DriftShiro
  • 9 comments
United States
Orlando FL
RSM-ShiroJP
RSM Matsuri Weekends

I've come across the realization (a while ago to be honest) that this game is slowly dying from this side of the fence. And I started believing that maybe it wasn't the game but the idea that we are fallen apart into small groups without those old comps and meets, (Nemesis Tuesdays as a perfect Example) is what kept us all together and interested in the game. Practicing for comps and photo shooting-all part of what was once an active community, but I believe the most significant factor was the themed events. Old roots drifting.

So here I am, nothing special about me. Obviously not an iconic figure but I am definitely interested in keeping this game alive. I joined the game late. Skipped it's best months and joined in the dying ones. All I want is to give it a last try before the rest of my friends decide to quit the game.

Any ideas? I am not here to host my own event but I would like something where everyone would contribute to make it what it is (or will be if we get together for this)

I had planned just simple themed events to begin with. Weekends ofcourse. If it goes well we can easily hold a few rooms during the week. Mostly at the afternoon for our Europe/Asia (Africa?) buddies and if enough interest is shown we can host two events (a day) during the weekends this to include those who can only get online late at night.

I shouldn't need to be the only one hosting the events. I am no more or less mature as the rest here. We are all grown ups so there will be a a bunch of selected Lobby Hosts to keep the chance of the event from being cancelled because one person couldn't show up.

Media: I don't have a capture card right now but I would like the idea of having a main event in the weekend where we can get footage/pictures. Many people here are surely interested on being YouTube famous :lol:

Themes: Low HP, specific manufacturer, Night Matsuri, Rain Matsuri(This can obviously be mixed in the same lobby) Comfort Medium tires (if approved by you, ofcourse) Japanese, European, American. Sedan, Coupe, V8, JZ Rotary. (COMPS?) Many to choose from. A pole would be held either here or the lobby.

For those who don't check GTP as often (Many) I would like the idea of creating a skype/Whatsapp/Kik group (or any of your preference) as a source of communication so everyone can be informed of any change of plans or spontaneous lobbies.

Don't even think it twice if you want to criticize any of the ideas above. This is a community. Not a dictatorship.

Last edited:
I should be able to help you with recording!☺
Thanks again man :)

I'll be hosting a room today. 5-6EST 400 and under HP. It surely won't start as a huge series without its first few lobbies being small and settled. Please text me either here or through PSN: RSM-ShiroJP. I would like to keep it a private or club lobby to keep assistance filtered.

Outside eating right now. I'll get home, create a club. And see where it heads from then. Again this is just a small improvised lobby. Just to start somewhere. See you there.

Thanks again man :)

I'll be hosting a room today. 5-6EST 400 and under HP. It surely won't start as a huge series without its first few lobbies being small and settled. Please text me either here or through PSN: RSM-ShiroJP. I would like to keep it a private or club lobby to keep assistance filtered.

Outside eating right now. I'll get home, create a club. And see where it heads from then. Again this is just a small improvised lobby. Just to start somewhere. See you there.
Hey homie, unfornate I couldn't not attend because I was helping the family out outside, I think I should be able to attend next weekend, I'll do my best bud.

I like this idea very much myself. But I will say, is that I do not approve of the Comfort Medium tire choice. Comfort Hards just seems like the more logical answer for it. *IMO* And idk if i like the idea for comps either. It seems like whenever there is a good idea for weekly meetups, especially Matsuri's, it always fails because of the comps. *idk, this is what i have seen lately* But, i do support the concept of the idea 100%. Sign me up. :)

@Biller Don't worry bro. The lobby was never opened. I realize that there are not as many interested at all. So I just made the club instead and got ready for the Fight. Sorry for the 1 or 2 who actually wanted to come.

This next Saturday. Same time: 5:30-6 and another one around 10-10:30 EST I'll be sending messages to whoever is online at that time. Same theme: Under 400HP.

Club number:
At first I made it a private club but for now I'll leave it as public just to make it easier for those who really want to come out.

@MrRollback I agree with you in all you said. But I believe if we manage to get a mature amount of people in the same lobby, those who we know are really there just to have fun, a comp would be an okay way to end the lobby. Obviously it won't be a main focus of the lobby at all. The focus is to have fun. And if there is a votation for a comp then I'll leave that open. I honestly don't like running a comp my self. I quite hate it. So we'll see. For now I just aim for chill mature lobby.

Last edited:
Love the idea, it's been needed for a while.

I'll definitely try to make events when I can, but now that summer is here, weekends are a complete toss-up for me. Usually have something going on.

One thing to keep in mind (it's killed rooms before) is the way the online servers behave. Ie, people not being able to see each other. The worst is when it happens to the host...they leave, the host switches to perhaps a random, and the room goes to hell (4wd on, go to Tsukuba ASAP lol). I don't really have a solution, I think we just have to stay on top of things, be ready to vote-kick a bad host.

Due to the "I can't see you" glitch, I would also stay away from doing sections with more than about 8 people.

The other big room killer I've come across is frequently switching tracks. Rooms seem to freeze a lot when they have a lot of people and the track is switched.

I remember some of the Burst and Dmax Matsuri lobbies from back in GT5....often times, they would pick a single track and stay there for most or all of the event. People would do their own thing for a while, then we would maybe run some really long trains, then play some Limbo, then maybe set up a wall tap (similar to limbo) or have a mini entry comp or something.

If I could have my way, rooms would switch tracks often (I'm still from that camp that thinks there's way too many great tracks which don't get used by the drift community)...but GT6 seems to really not like that lol.

Back