FSR's Legend of the Streets 峠 & Wangan Masters 湾岸 |Discord Link in OP| Touge Season 15 FINALEOpen 

Here's my current stance on the legitimacy of teams in LotS:

• I love the idea of organized teams making a comeback in the league. Even though we never before featured team-centric events, the drivers themselves were active in team activities and organized team battles on their own, which made the whole Touge scene feel that much more special to be a part of.
  • Unfortunately, it serves no purpose to have sanctioned team-oriented activities if there isn't a large enough constituent to cater to.
  • The league itself shouldn't and cannot be responsible for instituting the team organizations. It creates conflicts of interest between the league council, team members, and other members not part of a team.
  • It wouldn't be faithful to LotS' legacy if we made team membership a requirement to join the league, since a lot of drivers prefer to be unincorporated and have a lone wolf approach.
  • If there were enough active teams, the council already had numerous ideas and propositions ready to enact. But first, we need the teams to be already in place.
  • Team activities should be irrespective of performance regulations, that's a whole other topic to discuss at a later time (coming soon).
  • It's your guys' right, so it's up to you, the drivers, to organize, and incorporate into teams so that we at the league have a constituent to serve. We can come up with basic concepts and events, but with your feedback we can tailor the experience into what you guys want.
There are countless elements we can incorporate into the club, and the competitive league side of the organization, to have endless fun and progression, but we need the community to grow and continue growing as it has been recently and for everyone to do their part and be active. This niche hobby if ours can only thrive and expand with your help!

:cheers:
Two things, one, snake, I think teams should have a maximum of 3 people per team.

Two, here are some ideas for the logos of the teams I know of:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 10
  • image.png
    image.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 8
  • image.png
    image.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 9
  • image.png
    image.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 10
My main concerns with teams:
1. It can get super complicated keeping track of each team's progress, especially if member B leaves and forms his own team

2. It can get negative, with even the most peaceful of teams holding grudges. Which leads to everyone then taking sides, and it ends up into arguments. Next thing we know, a majority of participants leave because they get tired of the bickering, or rage quit

1. It can get super complicated keeping track of each team's progress, especially if member B leaves and forms his own team

2. It can get negative, with even the most peaceful of teams holding grudges. Which leads to everyone then taking sides, and it ends up into arguments. Next thing we know, a majority of participants leave because they get tired of the bickering, or rage quit

Two things, one, snake, I think teams should have a maximum of 3 people per team.

Some people run with a bunch of people, some run alone. Like I said, let people make their teams first and see what comes of it before placing restrictions on them.

That's why you have to let teams figure how to run themselves on their own. If you throw 3 guys together who just met and call them a team, it'll be a while before they're om the same page as to who's the leader, who's the uphill guy, downhill guy, chief mechanic, etc.

Gotta let them figure it out, the teams.

Besides, we already have a format in places for battles and rankings and score leaderboards, so you gotta get your team on those charts first!

I understand your concerns, and I'm not saying we should hate eachother, but does a small grudge really create a problem?
As much as large grudges can be annoying and childish, a challengers grudge creates more intensity in competition.

As for your first concern, that can be quite a problem, so what I suggest is that we keep a team registry. Anytime a member leaves, a team leader is responsible for changing the state of his team on a separate forum. If a leader fails to do this simple task, it'll be to his disadvantage in team competitions

I'm with Snake on this one. I understand the friendliness of having a team, but when u think about splitting the daily group in half or in 4 or 3 people groups, think about the realistic pointless arguments that will definetely take place. Whos to say they will actaully be limited to 3, or if there wont be 1 or more favored teams? In my opinion, its not reasonable to create teams within LotS, since conflict is exactly what teams bring to the surface. I owe LotS my respect and I think teams would split the surviving structure that IS LotS, if that makes sense.

On the other hand fortunately, I'm not the type of person that relies on conflict to be entertained. I would rather be trying to improve whatever it is my attention is focused on. My purpose when I started running with members of LotS was solely to improve my driving. My intention wasn't to make friends, but thanks to a what LotS is, I did.

Honestly, I doubt i would have gotten to know some of these dudes if teams were around. Choosing sides creates conflict by nature so why mess with something that isn't broken. Just my 2 cents. See u guys tommorow.
:gtpflag:

Nesmo makes a valid point, although I dont agree 100%.

Teams provide an interesting dynamic to the scene amd its always been welcome. It's just that throughout our history, it yas been rogue teams that end uo ruining the experience or everybody.

On the other hand, in our early days teams were very comunal and shared solace's and information. There were some teams that were more exclusive and others that were secretive.

That's why it is important for teams to be independent of the league itself, because different people have different styles of management. The best we could do is offer guidelines and competitive events for you guys to enjoy.

This team initiative is great! But before we csn delegate further, we gotta get past the first step. And that's getting enough teams together.
-----

Just remember guys, even though the thread may look slow, we are always reading and listening to what you guys have to say. We depend on you all to keep us going.

I'm with Snake on this one. I understand the friendliness of having a team, but when u think about splitting the daily group in half or in 4 or 3 people groups, think about the realistic pointless arguments that will definetely take place. Whos to say they will actaully be limited to 3, or if there wont be 1 or more favored teams? In my opinion, its not reasonable to create teams within LotS, since conflict is exactly what teams bring to the surface. I owe LotS my respect and I think teams would split the surviving structure that IS LotS, if that makes sense.

On the other hand fortunately, I'm not the type of person that relies on conflict to be entertained. I would rather be trying to improve whatever it is my attention is focused on. My purpose when I started running with members of LotS was solely to improve my driving. My intention wasn't to make friends, but thanks to a what LotS is, I did.

Honestly, I doubt i would have gotten to know some of these dudes if teams were around. Choosing sides creates conflict by nature so why mess with something that isn't broken. Just my 2 cents. See u guys tommorow.
:gtpflag:

We all know this is a risk, whether we're in favor of it or not, but look where we are now...

Currently LotS is like a plate of nachos without sauce; not many people even want it, and people aren't very keen to try because they think it won't be very good.

We need sauce, and this is one type I'm suggesting we try. Our goal isn't to split the nacho fans apart, and we will do our best to avoid doing so.

Rather, our goal is to appeal to this new generation of fans, as many will refer to them as such. We want to keep these new people around right? We don't want to keep our little nacho stand a desolate little place, where only loyalists will buy to keep it alive, right?

I recognize there are many traditionalists here, which would like to see the general layout of LotS stay the same, but they have to realize that a new generation is here, and that we should try our best to appeal to them

I suggest we try teams for maybe 1-2 months, and see where it goes. If this proposal sends us downhill, we get rid of it, simple as that

We all know this is a risk, whether we're in favor of it or not, but look where we are now...

Currently LotS is like a plate of nachos without sauce; not many people even want it, and people aren't very keen to try because they think it won't be very good.

We need sauce, and this is one type I'm suggesting we try. Our goal isn't to split the nacho fans apart, and we will do our best to avoid doing so.

Rather, our goal is to appeal to this new generation of fans, as many will refer to them as such. We want to keep these new people around right? We don't want to keep our little nacho stand a desolate little place, where only loyalists will buy to keep it alive, right?

I recognize there are many traditionalists here, which would like to see the general layout of LotS stay the same, but they have to realize that a new generation is here, and that we should try our best to appeal to them

I suggest we try teams for maybe 1-2 months, and see where it goes. If this proposal sends us downhill, we get rid of it, simple as that
That makes sense. Maybe a separate page could be made regarding teams associated with Lots. That way there isn't too much going on.

Nesmo makes a valid point, although I dont agree 100%.

Teams provide an interesting dynamic to the scene amd its always been welcome. It's just that throughout our history, it yas been rogue teams that end uo ruining the experience or everybody.

On the other hand, in our early days teams were very comunal and shared solace's and information. There were some teams that were more exclusive and others that were secretive.

That's why it is important for teams to be independent of the league itself, because different people have different styles of management. The best we could do is offer guidelines and competitive events for you guys to enjoy.

This team initiative is great! But before we csn delegate further, we gotta get past the first step. And that's getting enough teams together.
-----

Just remember guys, even though the thread may look slow, we are always reading and listening to what you guys have to say. We depend on you all to keep us going.
I think we should create a sister series for this aspect for the sake of keep Lots simplified and efficient.

That makes sense. Maybe a separate page could be made regarding teams associated with Lots. That way there isn't too much going on.

I think we should create a sister series for this aspect for the sake of keep Lots simplified and efficient.

I agree 100%

A sister company of LotS would be the best way to go imo, but would we put the rankings where LotS rankings are?

Here's my current stance on the legitimacy of teams in LotS:

• I love the idea of organized teams making a comeback in the league. Even though we never before featured team-centric events, the drivers themselves were active in team activities and organized team battles on their own, which made the whole Touge scene feel that much more special to be a part of.
  • Unfortunately, it serves no purpose to have sanctioned team-oriented activities if there isn't a large enough constituent to cater to.
  • The league itself shouldn't and cannot be responsible for instituting the team organizations. It creates conflicts of interest between the league council, team members, and other members not part of a team.
  • It wouldn't be faithful to LotS' legacy if we made team membership a requirement to join the league, since a lot of drivers prefer to be unincorporated and have a lone wolf approach.
  • If there were enough active teams, the council already had numerous ideas and propositions ready to enact. But first, we need the teams to be already in place.
  • Team activities should be irrespective of performance regulations, that's a whole other topic to discuss at a later time (coming soon).
  • It's your guys' right, so it's up to you, the drivers, to organize, and incorporate into teams so that we at the league have a constituent to serve. We can come up with basic concepts and events, but with your feedback we can tailor the experience into what you guys want.
There are countless elements we can incorporate into the club, and the competitive league side of the organization, to have endless fun and progression, but we need the community to grow and continue growing as it has been recently and for everyone to do their part and be active. This niche hobby if ours can only thrive and expand with your help!

:cheers:

I agree that Teams stay outside of LotS' responsibility. I also think a league of our own should take place. Id hate to be the second behind something that taints LotS history and pride. I dont want any council members to worry much about any of this. Me n Romeo started it, and if it needs to be stopped, we will. But the teams stay, outside of LotS.
Also, is the Subaru WRX STI Spec C '09 banned? It really should be. My first recruit clocked a 3:26on Akagi with air filter upgrades only. If its not, it could prove a problem.

Why not create a separate league focusing on team events that runs independent of LotS?

I feel 3 people would be enough. 1 for UH, 1 for DH, and 1 reserve for absent driver.

If teams are kept small, then you should just scrap their records for that season/league, and they should reform under a different name.
-
Anyway, there are already cliques in LoTS. Banning teams doesn't change that. Any negativity that arises from this most likely already existed.

Haha, I like it. But I think worse tires might have had more impact, and allowed more tuning diversity. 300hp max with no weight adjustment means many 4WD will run stock engine/body. How has this been working?

Yes. It festers.
-
I need to fix my PS3, it broke during some downtime.
Sepereate League is swell. I back this. And to add my two cents, i wouldnt know LotS without a good for nothing team, Team Hawk. I hope we resolve this quickly and peacefully.

Sepereate League is swell. I back this. And to add my two cents, i wouldnt know LotS without a good for nothing team, Team Hawk. I hope we resolve this quickly and peacefully.

So is it settled? Is everyone happy?

Also, as we will be in association with LotS, what should we name this new league? Any suggestions?

Also, did anyone else form any teams?
Kabi, how many members does Velocity have? The Spectres have 4 and Substance has 4 as well, idk about Roman's Zodiac team. Other than that, can anybody inform me whether there are any more teams?

So is it settled? Is everyone happy?

Also, as we will be in association with LotS, what should we name this new league? Any suggestions?

Also, did anyone else form any teams?
Kabi, how many members does Velocity have? The Spectres have 4 and Substance has 4 as well, idk about Roman's Zodiac team. Other than that, can anybody inform me whether there are any more teams?
Ive got 3 on mine, but im lookin to go 4 soon enough.

Ok, here's my idea for a separate division of LotS.

LotS CBX
(Crew Battle eXperimental)

CBX LRC (LotS Racing world Championship)
5+ teams gun it towards the top, as winners will be written in history, and losers will be forgotten. Winning team takes the CBX World Trophy. Voted best player on the winning team will get the Black Rose award. The runner-up team will then vote for their best player, and he will get the White Rose award.

CBX trials (co-op timed runs)
Teams will run time trials on 5 tracks.
Times will be added together. The team with the smallest final time will be the winner. The winners will earn the CBX Trial Cup.

CBX GRC (Group Racing Championship)
Teams will face eachother all at once
In pairs. At the end of the run, the players who have lost on each team will be eliminated from the battle. The battle will continue until there is one team left.
The winner will win the LotS GRC Trophy.
Best performing player will earn the Crimson award.

These are just temporary ideas that CAN be changed later on. If you have any qualms or recommendations for me, do feel free to say them.

Also, I'd like to know how organized our current teams are right now.

Last edited:
I think it's time we finished that tournament we started months ago. As such, I think it's only right to disqualify IWINNUMBER1 and jsavage due to inactivity, and proceed with nesmo901 and devildragon to the final

I think it's time we finished that tournament we started months ago. As such, I think it's only right to disqualify IWINNUMBER1 and jsavage due to inactivity, and proceed with nesmo901 and devildragon to the final

I agrizzle my nizzle. The council has voted. Any objections, feel free to voice your appeal.

Tournament Bracket Updated: See here for details.
-----

Ok, here's my idea for a separate division of LotS.

These are just temporary ideas that CAN be changed later on. If you have any qualms or recommendations for me, do feel free to say them.

I'll be frank with you, and let's not get ahead of ourselves, because I can see you have ambitious ideas, but you cannot ride the curtails of flashy names if you don't have a foundation. This means I'm agreeing with @Frenzyhero - you gotta have planned already the whole format before you can implement an event.
-----

You need a ruleset and etiquette for battles - how are they run? How do you win? Etc. Plus, a scoring system to keep track of battles. These are things LotS already offers.

If you want to host a registry for teams to keep track of rosters and home course, etc then you're most welcome to man that undertaking. In regards to the current structure of battles, scoring and rankings LotS employs, changes can be made to it all in time to accomodate a changing landscape and constituent.
-----

Here's my proposal for how it's going to work, and this is open to debate, if we are to work together on restructuring LotS to accommodate a team-oriented experience:

You could open a thread dedicated to registering and tracking teams, that's great. But, this could go a number of ways depending what your goals are.

A. If your mission is to funnel talent to LotS, or simply serve the community by having a registry of teams associated with LotS, then we could all benefit from making you a subsidiary with set responsibilities and a fancy title. But you have to earn it. Rally the teams, help get them organized, and then we can talk about association and subsidizing.

B. If what you are looking to do is host a registry of teams for any one to have a team and contract your services to host their team on your thread, regardless if that team runs LotS or any other online club/league, that's excellent! Although you'd be considered a separate entity from LotS, we could still work together on organizing events and be associated by those means.

C. If what you want to achieve is your own separate league, with its own regulation and scoring system based solely around teams, that's awesome! Under these circumstances the most we can give you is our blessing and support, and help you get the operation off the ground. But we cannot give you access to our infrastructure of guidelines and spreadsheets, for you'll have to procure your own. In this case no association or subsidy need take place, as you'll have formed your own entity, but we can still be allied to share resources and technologies.
-----

These things all require patience and planning.

What's it gonna be?

Why can't it just be this?
I don't see anything wrong with it just being exactly like LoTS, but with teams, and their own, personal events.
Mhmmm. Give us time. Me and Romeo have no plan to just wither up and die. Today's Saturday, we got all the time we need. We don't need to be serperate from LotS, I just don't think we should be calling ourselves that. We are a different group, but basing things off of LotS giudelines makes it a whole Lot(S) easier. LotS grabs peoples' attention, whatever we have is an offer to make to new players, or old ones, or ones that want to be part of something. As a whole, LotS won't be broken up do to some tiny addition. It won't serperate our talking, either. It just gives us a chance to be united with players we may have never been before. My two, Yugioh and MisterOthella, are learning. And I'm teaching them. I would've never talked with them if I didn't have this team, as well as other teams like the Spectres. Also:

Date: 2/24/17
Kabi_Tsuiseki (C)
SolidSnake7735 (C)
Course: Usui Pass
Battle Style: CMHV3
Winner: Kabi_Tsuiseki
Battle Rating: 5/5

I like what I'm seeing with teams organizing, but remember, before anything can be made official we have to vote on it in the council and have a plan to execute the moment we're ready so there's no second guessing what will go in writing.
-----

I'll be updating the leaderboards and rankings today.

I'll be online all day and am thinking of hosting a tournament event in a lobby.

Please note: These one-day tournament brackets usually run 2-3 hours from start to finish. So once I open the lobby, I'll be taking names for the bracket, only those willing to commit the time for the event will be allowed to stay in the lobby, and the event can start with as little as 6 drivers.

If we want to make this a team event, it will require the same number of drivers (2-4 drivers) from 2-4 teams, and the bracket will be set up accordingly.

Back