1.4 mil and nothing to spend it on

• Thread starter GTBJF
  • 35 comments
GTBJF
Anyone got any suggestions...any sleeper I should know about? Let me know :sly:
That acctually depends on what good cars you already have. If you don't have the Penzoil Nismo Skyline, I suggest you buy one.

I have one car...and i've only had one car the whole game...haha...I know 1.4 ain't that much...but it's my first time playing...and I am using only one car...taht is a Nissan Pulsar GTi-R

Yep...did that, this morning, and now I have 6 cars...getting a lil power hungry!
Nissan Pulsar
Suzuki Escudo
Alfa Romeo Touring Car
Dodge Concept Car
GT-40
TVR Tuscan Speed 6

I was always a big fan of the 155 Touring car. 👍 I would try to use that for the remainder of the races.

Looks like you need FF, MR, and FR car(s) for all those <246hp events.

Buy a Neon (there's Neon and American Cup races), a Venturi Atlantique 300GT Bi-Turbo (French Cup, and it starts at 210hp, can be tuned to over triple that), and an A-Spec RX-7 '96 for the the FR stuff/RX-7 Meeting.

That should get you going. Don't forget to buy a Muscle Car and a Historic old late-60's or early-70's car for some fun. And buy a real Station Wagon, not just a Skyline that skirts the regulations, but really is a 3800-lb overweight hearse that you can tune to 400hp.

Try not to cheat...buy a 600LM or an M12 Lm before the Escudo. Or a Cultus for the Pike Peak race, for a challenge. Try a real GT300 car for the GT300 series for a tough match-up...

blue_sharky39
Isn't that the whole point of buying one?

Yes, the whole point of buying an Escudo is to give yourself a very unfair advantage over the competition, you are correct.

the idea of this game is it should be a constant challenge, you are probably looking at the endurance and asking yourself why you would ever bother, believe me if you ever do them it probably wont be with the escudo. no challenge: no fun

if you want some fun buy yourself an rx7 infini III and go drifting (you might have to use the dual shock controllers for this) the idea is to turn while braking for oversteer then powerslide through the corner

In GT3 I have 10 mil and nothing to spend it on. Though I am actually working back through it slowly by buying the same few cars several times and tuning them differently. I don't have to spend money anymore though.

There are things they need to do in GT4 that will continue to cost money long into the game. Oh well.

lachy b
the idea of this game is it should be a constant challenge, you are probably looking at the endurance and asking yourself why you would ever bother, believe me if you ever do them it probably wont be with the escudo. no challenge: no fun

if you want some fun buy yourself an rx7 infini III and go drifting (you might have to use the dual shock controllers for this) the idea is to turn while braking for oversteer then powerslide through the corner

Last nite I did the Laguna Seca enduro with a Viper GTS...the regular one, not the Oreca or the STP. I really wanted the race to be a challenge and it was; the GTS weighs 200 lbs. more than any of the Skylines or NSXs, but still-the challenge was not there cuz I was racin on super-soft tires. By lap 2, I was well ahead of the pack! The solution? I started the game over and switched to all medium-grade tires. Talk about drift-city...that Viper was slithering all over the place!

GTBJF
Yep...did that, this morning, and now I have 6 cars...getting a lil power hungry!
Nissan Pulsar
Suzuki Escudo
Alfa Romeo Touring Car
Dodge Concept Car
GT-40
TVR Tuscan Speed 6

Buy a Taevion Trampio FTO (Mitsubishi), it slughters any car in a race that requires 394 HP or less.

I think that if you have a lot of money, it's good to try out cars you ahvent tried before, i find this is good for learning..

PS: Bro's PS2 has gone bust, so have not played GT2 for about 4 months now (grrr), hence my absence from GTP

PPS I am now sweet 16!

i cant find a race that i have a licence for that pays a lot of money that lets me use my escudo.... i use my mitsubishi3000gtwith race mod and play the first grand touring cup and get the daishin silvia and sell it. it gives you 135000 total dollars so you can get money fast!

pain killer
i cant find a race that i have a licence for that pays a lot of money that lets me use my escudo.... i use my mitsubishi3000gtwith race mod and play the first grand touring cup and get the daishin silvia and sell it. it gives you 135000 total dollars so you can get money fast!

The best race for the money that I've found for the money is the last race in the MR cup under Special Events, rated 591hp and under. If you have a good MR car (you can beat it with an MR2, it's not that hard ;)) you can makes $265,000 for two laps of racing. You win a GT40 Race Car (and I recommend you keep the first one you win, as it is an awesome car), plus the $15k prize. Which means you'll break 1 million in roughly 20 minutes. :boggled:

I only bought the Escudo for my last Rally race, otherwise it was just boring to drive. I found the Rome Endurance race with a Viper GTS-R Team Oreca to be much more enjoyable (me, a Toyota GT1, and a GT40 kept swapping positions, fun fun fun).

And you should really get the licences before you do anything else, they're not that hard, my 9-year-old brother is already working on his I-A license (and I swear I have not done any tests for him ;)).

The best money-maker is undoubtably the All-Stars Race 3, in Red Rock. $550k for 5 laps of tough racing. Take out anything crappier than a modded Supra RZ and you'll get whipped by the Toyota GT-One and GT40s. Be careful with powerful MR's. Some of the turns are pretty nasty; easy to spin out. If you have trouble bump up the drag and also the rear springs. Loosen the rear brakes, too.
At one point I had $52 million worth of cars in the garage.... $1.4 mil is nothing. If you're bored check out American muscle- Buy a stock GT40 (they are better than the racing variation), or some of the muscle cars if that's what you fancy. Vector M12, Tune the Speed 12 you get from beforementioned race, Venturi Atlantique LM, Jaguar XJ220, Nissan 390. There are lots of things to do with a bunch of cash. Also, try purchasing used classics like a Supra Twinturbo, old 180SX's, etc. They're fun to mod. Check out the 70s and 80s Japanese cars.

Congrats on the I-A. ;)

I think used cars rotate every 7 days or so, it's somthing along those lines.

The best money-maker is undoubtably the All-Stars Race 3, in Red Rock. $550k for 5 laps of tough racing.

The best race for the money that I've found for the money is the last race in the MR cup under Special Events, rated 591hp and under. If you have a good MR car (you can beat it with an MR2, it's not that hard ) you can make $265,000 for two laps of racing.

You do the math. ;)

mplacki
Congrats on the I-A. ;)

I think used cars rotate every 7 days or so, it's somthing along those lines.

You do the math. ;)

I'm not sure. Yesterday I went back to play and have not seen the Toyota 2000GT...err....GT at all. Oh well that one's pretty elusive. Kinda like the b22 Subaru? So....I found some overall awesome Japanese from the 70s and 80s-
'71 Skyline GT-R [R-???]- Rather slow but looks 70's and has a pretty racing mod.
'71 Datsun 240- Neat nostalgic car, faster than aforementioned.
'82/'85 Truento Apex- WOW!!! 👍 👍 👍 This little thing is a sleeper. At a max of only 260 horses, it reaaaally does handle like magic. Very fun to drive. I suggest everyone get one. Note that it's not extremely quick.
'83 Mazda RX-7- The first generation RX-7, and it's pretty darn good. At 4xx bhp and light weight. Still, the RX-7 floppiness is there, I'm guessing because of the lightweight rotary. Racing mod hurts eyes.

Have fun if you're interested.

Back