[1.9.1] GT5 Master Mod

• Thread starter Nenkai
  • 362 comments
Progress and upcoming update: ported cars from older GT5 iterations that did not carry over to the final game.
Gran_Turismo_5.png

2. Added PS2 Tracks
The game has nearly all of the PS2 era tracks. 39 of them are included in this mod.
List:

4. Any Car in Photo Travel
A bypass rather than hidden feature. You can use standard cars in Photo Travel.
Gran_Turismo_5_2.png

7. Painting Any Type of Car & Wheels
Also a bypass. Does not apply the color on all cars, rather unpredictable.
Gran_Turismo_5_5.png

8. Special Settings
Now without save editing required.
Gran_Turismo_5_6.png

9. All Cars in Dealership
Prices are balanced (aka more expensive), so the Used Car Dealership is still relevant.
Gran_Turismo_5_1.png

Any chance to pack only these ones for a bare bones enhancement? And did you make the dealership prices for 9. yourself or PD had price values determined already?

...ported cars from older GT5 iterations that did not carry over to the final game.

Does that include the ones from GT5 Prologue too?

VBR
Does that include the ones from GT5 Prologue too?
Will be included.
Any chance to pack only these ones for a bare bones enhancement? And did you make the dealership prices for 9. yourself or PD had price values determined already?
They were set by default. So its probably balanced.
No plans on seperating the mod into pieces.

1.1.11 & 1.2.0
[1.2.0] 25/11/2020 - system.db reset **required**
* Unrelated to this mod, but fixed a possible GTToolsSharp packing related issue - might fix some weird softlock issues
* Added three tracks, not 100% working as intended, but are playable by using reverse layout files, road surface is messed up mainly (Creds Jonny_0093)
- Citta di Aria - Was present previously, but changed to use reverse layout files which fixes missing textures
- Grand Canyon - Course was originally crashing with original files - Most of the road is road rather than dirt though
- Tahiti Maze - Course was originally crashing with original files - Road is dirt, dirt is probably road
* Fixed some snow/dirt courses that allowed non-normally allowed cars to be in the track

[1.1.11] 23/11/2020 - system.db reset could be required
* Attempted to fix the ranking menu in online mode softlocking.
* Attempted to fix one of the Sarthe tracks not working.
* Added a working camera to Mid-Field Raceway (PS2) (thank you Xenn).
* Restored some Cut A-Spec Events "as is". Notes:
- Some events will softlock if you press the typical opponent button on them.
- Some regulations don't work. Pick an appropriate car!
* Removed the rain condition for the first High Speed Ring which was conflicting with the Wet version (same name).
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/qz86xb3vvt9qz/Lite

Curious which capture device is this or is this from a PS3 plugin?
Correct.

A bit late releasing this, not using GTPlanet too often.
[1.3.0] 30/11/2020 - system.db reset required due to added track.
* There is no more Lite version, annoying to maintain.
* Added a brand new track, real template02 as template12.
- It is the original template02 that was overwritten entirely with alaska in later updates.
* It is now possible to take photos of standards without the zoom restriction.
* Added tracks now display in the Practice (GT Mode).
* Added the correct 787b to the Group-C car class (not the stealth one).
* Added the correct R390 to the Road Going LM class (not the race one).
* Some shuffle list rebalances:
- RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87 is considered as 485PP rather than 508.
- Nissan OPTION Stream Z is considered as 585PP rather than 603.
* Fix: Softlock in special events.
* Removed the cut events again, as they still seem to cause issues for some. Besides, they are unfinished, the AI sucks.
Note: The F1 one make restriction might be back - need to solve an issue related to the specdb before bringing it back.

And yes you've read right, no more Full/Lite version, just one going forwards. Given that the garage editor pretty much achieve the same effect I do not see the reason on keeping two different releases.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/6ye4yod7voapb/Gran+Turismo+5+Master+Mod+(2.11)

I am taking a break from GT5 modding and will be shifting focus to GT6.
I am much more active in my GT Lan/Modding discord server, which I encourage you all to join. https://discord.io/gtonline

Last edited:
Hi, I’m looking forward to join the new mod experience but I got some questions. Do I need to create an other account to play safe without taking the risk of being ban by Sony ? Let me explain, as I know that the race editor is up again, I wonder if this can let me unlock the two last trophies of the game to get the platinum ? Or does the fact that I play on a special server won’t let me unlock the two trophies ? If not, I won’t took the risk of using my main account that is also linked to my PS4/5. My last question will be concerning GT6, I’ve got an issue that I cannot access to the s licence cause my game goes black screen when I exit the all star championship and I’m supposed to watch the credits. Because you seemed to be good at editing, I’m wondering if you got a clue on that one.

Best regards.

Regarding the colour changes implemented in the mod, is there a list of the race cars that can be repaint ? I wold love to bring back some of the LMP in their Black colorway shape like it was in GT4.

Some updates.

1.4.0 & 1.4.1
[1.4.1] 27/12/2020 - system.db deletion is required for the new track.
* Added Fuji 90's (PS2), Credits to Jonny_0093
* Added missing icons, ported some cameras from PS3 versions of tracks to PS2, Credits to Jonny_0093
* Added some missing PS2 loading backgrounds
* Fixed an car that literally morphed into an unexplainable shape while applying a racing modification.
* Added mod notice to the polyphony logo screen.

[1.4.0] 22/12/2020 - system.db deletion is required, but only for the removal of cars specified above.
* Road surfaces for Tahiti Maze, Grand Canyon, ...and Citta di Aria have been fixed, huge credits to Xenn for fixing them!
* Added a LOT more racing modifications. It's all up to you from now on. No list to provide to avoid spoilers :eyes: . Credits to TheAdmiester for a base list.
* RM Cars have been removed from the dealership. They should not have been there.
* Fixed tracks unavailable in 2-Player mode due to track weather changes.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/uzxch40903mpl/1.4.1+-+Latest

New Year to all. I’m been trying my best to play gt4 on ps2/ps3(modded)with modern gear(thrustmaster t150,t300, tlcm, t3pa pro load cell)with no results. I purchased the DriveHub no results, the CoPilot no results( that one is extremely frustrating with no information and non on the web). So I broke down and got a driving force pro. The pedals on that set are....... I had to literally build my own from the Logitech pedals and a spare set of t3pa pro’s. Is there a way to install drivers to use the new driving hardware on gt4,and 5? I see here you’ve added the classic tracks which was my reasons for playing it on ps2, if I can say play Amalfi coast, and citta di arria on ps3 with those tracks added in gt5 that’ll be great. I just don’t know how to make the hardware compatible with the game. Any ideas/suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello team, just stumbled on this and I gotta say this Master Mod is how I always dream GT5 to be! Outstanding!

With that said, I’m new to all of this. Does this mod work on RPCS3 and if so, what update of the game is required?

Uuuh... I think I installed it correctly, because the debug menu in main menu is available, and I got myself a Tiburon for free from the Used Car Dealership - and I can definitely stop a car rotation in Arcade mode, but... I'm not seeing any 'PS2' versions of the tracks themselves.

Uuuh... I think I installed it correctly, because the debug menu in main menu is available, and I got myself a Tiburon for free from the Used Car Dealership - and I can definitely stop a car rotation in Arcade mode, but... I'm not seeing any 'PS2' versions of the tracks themselves.
Delete system.db from your USRDIR\db directory where you installed the mod.

Yup, that oughta do it!

Weird that the one PS1 track doesn't load proper, but I bet that's due to shenanigans involving fixing stuff.

But, wait, does this mean that there's the ability to add truly custom tracks?

That's amazing. Now GT5 is really a better game

What about SSR11 from GT3? Will they add it on the mod?

Last edited:
Excuse my question: I was thinking of going back to my PS3 with GT5 and Master Mod, just wanted to know if this Mod will allow me to create a Custom Grid with Cars from my Garage as AI opponents...

Excuse my question: I was thinking of going back to my PS3 with GT5 and Master Mod, just wanted to know if this Mod will allow me to create a Custom Grid with Cars from my Garage as AI opponents...
Nope you can't.

I think that's not possible beyond the Secret Menu's 'favorites' grid, but then they're -technically- not from your garage.

Just found out about this today, so I'm a bit lost here.

3. Restored Cut A-Spec Events
Roughly 15 of them. Unfortunately game progress does not work for them (hardcoded).
Custom car rewards have been added for them (will require a fresh save).
<Picture Soon>
Is this available in the current (1.5.0) version? Because some of the patch notes mention it was removed, then they reappear in later notes....

Just found out about this today, so I'm a bit lost here.

Is this available in the current (1.5.0) version? Because some of the patch notes mention it was removed, then they reappear in later notes....
Nope it isn't, it was removed earlier and I forgot to update the post.
The events need some polishing, they're not fully finished.

By the way I hardly check gtplanet so I haven't been so active to update this thread.

1.5.0 & 1.5.1
[1.5.1] 20/01/2021
* Debug Mode: "Add All Tuning Parts" can now give you unobtainable parts (possibly new saves only).
* Online: Shuffle list is fixed for PP above 600. (Broken in 1.5.0).
* Online: Car sets have been changed (again) to make better use of the 250 car slots. Credits to Goongumps
* Other: Changed main menu year to 2021. Happy new year!

[1.5.0] 29/12/2020
* Tracks: Motorland, and Opera de Paris are now fully working (aside from cameras). Credits to Jonny_0093
* Tracks: Added Fuji 90's missing minimap. Credits to Doge_Plays
* Tracks: Added missing Motegi Road Course (PS2) to the freerun section.
* Online: Shuffle list has been tweaked - credits to Goongumps
* Online: Time to pick during track vote has been increased from 40 to 45s, due to the added tracks.

Download link in the main post.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back