[1.9.1] GT5 Master Mod

• Thread starter Nenkai
  • 362 comments
@Nenkai - Have you done anything with the tyres assigned in Shuffle mode?

Does a wireless connection between my PS3 and my PC works to get into XLink Kai ? I’ve already got the latest update of the Master Mod and what remains is to join LAN lobby’s.

After a little hassle I got this working yesterday. A bit surreal being online on this game for the first time in 8 years, almost made me slightly emotional :lol:

This mod is really well made and works well except for the PS2 tracks. They don't show up at all in my game. I did have to remove all my GT5 installed data to go back to update 2.11 (was on 2.17) and I started a fresh savegame. Maybe that's the problem?

(I also would like to know how to disable the 2.17 update notification because it shows up at least every 5 minutes while playing the game and sooner or later I'll accidentally press 'X')

EDIT: I've been helped on the Discord server. Here are the solutions:

Delete the system.db file in the 'db' folder inside your gamedata folder.

To fix the update notification, you should edit your PARAM.SFO (also found in your game folder) with an editing program to make it think that it's already running version 2.17

Last edited:
Whenever there is a loading of a race. The game hangs and I have to quit the game. But the console hangs with the green LED that flashes permanently!

How easy is it to mod the PS3, and will it remove things like PSN and Trophy support?

And @Nenkai do you really have to download each file separately without a subscription to MediaFire?

Obviously having a modded console and going online will not end well.
Do you have any plans (assuming it's possible) to make a 'light' version of the mod that doesn't require modding your console? I like my white PS3 a bit too much to do that to it...

Last edited:
Do you have any plans (assuming it's possible) to make a 'light' version of the mod that doesn't require modding your console? I like my white PS3 a bit too much to do that to it...
Sadly you are gonna have to no matter if it's a Light Version or not.

1)All standard models in the cut-out photo locations are slightly blurred.(photo 1 and 2)
2)Unfortunately,many photo locations not added that appear on the main menu.(Photo 4)
3)The "mod" is good, but the PS2 locations are just horror and nightmare(Photo 3)

Attachments

• ffr (5).jpg
    ffr (5).jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 189
  • photo0062D.jpg
    photo0062D.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 177
  • rpcs3 2021-02-21 17-01-35-381.jpg
    rpcs3 2021-02-21 17-01-35-381.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
1)All standard models in the cut-out photo locations are slightly blurred.(photo 1 and 2)
2)Unfortunately,many photo locations not added that appear on the main menu.(Photo 4)
3)The "mod" is good, but the PS2 locations are just horror and nightmare(Photo 3)
1.) That’s no standard model it’s a C7 Vette that appeared when the game was still getting decent updates.
2.) Those locations are just scene files so theoretically I don’t think it’s possible to add them in.
3.) To be expected as those _PS2 tracks were probably from the GTHD levels of completion. Meaning some are very glitchy or just incomplete (Piles Peak included).

JakeMR2,Is it possible to transfer tracks (there are not many of them) from GT6 PS3 and photo location? Or it's not so easy to do it(encryption, etc.)?Thank you

Last edited:
JakeMR2,Is it possible to transfer tracks (there are not many of them) from GT6 PS3 and photo location? Or it's not so easy to do it(encryption, etc.)?Thank you
It's possible to port GT5 tracks to GT6. Not sure about the other way around though.

Hey, there folks.

I'm scared to hack my PS3 at the moment.
I need to know more!
1. Should i still have access to my old account for PSN?
Forgot nearly everything of the login data's, which was created by my brother back then.
2. The savings for GT5P/GT5 are holy for me, my brother and some friends! Could they be erased?
I won't do that, if that's the case.
3. Would it otherwise mess around with my own build tracks and/or car setups?

This PS3 with GT5P/GT5 savings, replays, records and setups is holy to us and some good old friends.
It's maybe one of a kind in germany and i was a controller super unicum back then.
Always being asked for setups for steering wheels! XD Controller master race, mostly was the answer i had to give. XD XD
Licences weren't all gold, im ashamed to say, but me and my brother pushed trough.
The cars you could get weren't that stimulating for us.

I wanna race it online again as often as i have time!

Last edited:
Hey, there folks.

I'm scared to hack my PS3 at the moment.
I need to know more!
1. Should i still have access to my old account for PSN?
Forgot nearly everything of the login data's, which was created by my brother back then.
2. The savings for GT5P/GT5 are holy for me, my brother and some friends! Could they be erased?
I won't do that, if that's the case.
3. Would it otherwise mess around with my own build tracks and/or car setups?

This PS3 with GT5P/GT5 savings, replays, records and setups is holy to us and some good old friends.
It's maybe one of a kind in germany and i was a controller super unicum back then.
Always being asked for setups for steering wheels! XD Controller master race, mostly was the answer i had to give. XD XD
Licences weren't all gold, im ashamed to say, but me and my brother pushed trough.
The cars you could get weren't that stimulating for us.

I wanna race it online again as often as i have time!
If you copy your save files onto a USB stick (FAT32) then you can keep them safe just in case.

hello. sorry for my bad english

i have the SCUS version in disc

the game is updated to last version
and i copy the files on the game directory under pdipfs

but the game shows a black screen. i enter the game se a screen shows master mod then a menu to install circuits and other to reduce the load time

and then a black screen. ( Try installing game files but same problem)

I did it today, it was pain because only laptop that has ethernet port is 15 years old and it takes 15 min only to start working.
Regarding the old save game, everything appears ok other than many cars lacks picture when I enter garage (I kept my original garage on this save instead of adding all cars in). Also if you need to downgrade your game, back up replays you like because you'll delete them in process. Didn't had time to set up XLink and I hope that having laptop that can barely run a video won't be a problem with this so I can play online. Otherwise everything is pretty easy to do I guess (and everything mentioned here works 100%) for anyone because I'm noob regarding this stuff and didn't struggle much.
IMG_20210225_214631~2.jpg

IMG_20210225_214336~2.jpg

I hope to be able to race some of you guys online :)

Managed to get online today. One friendly shuffle race to test (thanks Eric) on my broken pad. Insane feeling to be online on GT5 after all this years. One PROBLEM only, my name doesn't appear in race and also can't see flags. Others can see my flag but not my name. If someone has any idea how to fix that, please share.

PROBLEM :
IMG_20210227_121938.jpg

saved the replay for memory :)

edit: Sorry for double post, just saw that no one posted after me, sorry again

Last edited:
The savings for GT5P/GT5 are holy for me, my brother and some friends! Could they be erased?

Yep, pretty sure you will lose all your replays unless you export them all & save them to a USB stick to back them up.

You shouldn’t fear losing any data on your system unless you know what your doing and following everything to the letter.

And yes backup your files anyway just in case something does go wrong. And, honestly it isn’t that hard to do (I’m not gonna explain it here cause AUP guidelines). You can find all the info you need within a Google search is what I suggest.

Replays can be recovered through the Salvaging Options of the game.

AFAIK, that doesn't apply if you're deleting the latest version of the game & going down to version 2.11 though, which is what many people will be doing as well as installing the mod.

Last edited:
VBR
AFAIK, that doesn't apply if you're deleting the latest version of the game & going down to version 2.11 though, which is what many people will be doing as well as installing the mod.
Even if you downgrade you can still keep your data of your save.

One of, if not the greatest accidental discovery for me. Unbelievable excited to try this mod out, well done those who worked on it! 👍

Back