[1.9.1] GT5 Master Mod

• Thread starter Nenkai
  • 355 comments
Thanks, regardless if I can or cannot use this mod to expand options for single player in GT mode, but is there any option in this mod which allows the F2007 and F2010 Ferrari formula 1 cars to be used in single player GT mode?

Thanks, regardless if I can or cannot use this mod to expand options for single player in GT mode, but is there any option in this mod which allows the F2007 and F2010 Ferrari formula 1 cars to be used in single player GT mode?
Late answer, sorry about that.
This is planned in the next update.

Just some small fixes while preparing for a larger update to be released later on.
The larger update will be mainly online/LAN functionality rebalancing especially shuffle & online car categories changes along with fixes for the restored GT Mode events.
My work has mainly shifted to GT6 due to being far, very far more moddable than GT5 in my opinion.

[1.0.41] 23/10/2020
* Changed/Fixed the Gran Turismo Online discord invite link.
* Fixed IC-4 happening on Smokey Mountain. It now happens on Eiger West Dirt instead of reverse, but was made tougher.
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/qiwh92guba5ip/Lite

My work has mainly shifted to GT6 due to being far, very far more moddable than GT5 in my opinion.
OK thx for the reply and the creative mod work, will there be a GT6 mod release [from you or your mod-mates] which includes more options in single player mode to change PP restrictions, tire restrictions, grid start instead of chasing the rabbit, or even changing the PP values of rival AI cars?

OK thx for the reply and the creative mod work, will there be a GT6 mod release [from you or your mod-mates] which includes more options in single player mode to change PP restrictions, tire restrictions, grid start instead of chasing the rabbit, or even changing the PP values of rival AI cars?
If you mean the Arcade mode, There are some debug menus that let you change some of the opponent settings and that's all and aside from that, if you mean the actual "GT Mode", no, unless events themselves are edited (very easy to do).

Last edited:
In case the Gran Turismo 6 Mod becomes ready for download, I should find a way to back-up my original save data. I had been grinding for months to get the most expensive cars in the game and I don't want to have to start over in case I accidentally mess something up.

[1.0.5] 25/10/2020
* Huge AI rebalance for all A-Spec Events. Credits to Klitlika for the changes (& con360 for suggestions)
* Fixed some restored events with small issues. Credits to Klitlika
* Added two images to some of the dummy template events in A-Spec.
* Added prizes for restored A-Spec Events, but will require a fresh save
* Dirt Shuffle List had a few additions for higher PP ranges
* It is now possible to use karts and F1's in GT Mode (the latter will see grids full of F1 AIs though)
* It is now possible to use karts and F1's in Online Rooms without regulations. FGT vs F1's are now possible.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/45ntusq6gxf0h/Lite
You don't need a system.db clear if you're on 1.0.4. (unless you're starting the game over from a fresh save) - Unless started otherwise clears are not needed.

Last edited:
I've edited and reuploaded the mod under the same version.
Unfortunately i've reverted all GT Mode event changes back to vanilla - some changes made should definitely not have been there to the point where some events were not completable. Apologies for that.

I've edited and reuploaded the mod under the same version.
Unfortunately i've reverted all GT Mode event changes back to vanilla - some changes made should definitely not have been there to the point where some events were not completable. Apologies for that.
Does my PS3 need to be jailbroken to use this?

Sorry for the dumb question, but does "clear the system.db" thing mean rebuilding the database?

EDIT: Nevermind

Last edited:
1.0.6 - Online only change
[1.0.6] 30/10/2020
* Updated ALL online car sets, credits to goongumps. (Full list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wP0jUh-rrbH_lI8PL3m6wU39RNbn3qalawl_T0BOcl8/edit?usp=sharing)
* Changed default track to Autumn Ring - Mini for faster room loading.

[1.0.61] 30/10/2020
* Fixed some car set issues introduced with 1.0.6.
* Added an Easter Egg (most likely to be temporary and removed on the next update.) - Credits to Xenn
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/bwp0vve2vis1z/Lite

Last edited:
I recently heard that the Race Editor in Gran Turismo 5 is rather rough, and maybe a little unfinished, too, and that the Race Editor of Gran Turismo 6 doesn't even work the way it's supposed to. Is this true? I've been hearing about more and more PC programs related to the latter.

I recently heard that the Race Editor in Gran Turismo 5 is rather rough, and maybe a little unfinished, too, and that the Race Editor of Gran Turismo 6 doesn't even work the way it's supposed to. Is this true? I've been hearing about more and more PC programs related to the latter.
It's not even accessible without a crash, it definitely exists; but no successful attempts to get it to show up.
Will require some heavy Adhoc scripting debugging and experimenting.

Last edited:
Thanks for the mod, it works great. I mainly downloaded it for Race Editor, because I have always wanted to be able to create my own races. Sadly though, Race Editor is really buggy. However, I managed to create custom events by copypasting and modifying the XML files in textdata. The created events work fine, but there are two things I would love to know about.

1. Is it possible to edit the created event's image, title text, description text etc? I only found a way to edit the information of existing events.

2. Is it possible to save the progress of a created event so that it shows a gold trophy when I win the race?

Also, I found out that for every event, there's an unused variable called "ai_roughness". When set to 100, the AI cars will not slow down when you drive close or bump into them (similarly how AI works in previous Gran Turismo titles). This makes the races more challenging and fun.

Any chance to increase from 50 to 850 the favourite cars connecting GTPSP garage to the GT5 garage? So for have all cars
The function that add cars to your garage, can give the Standard version of Premium cars too?

Any chance to increase from 50 to 850 the favourite cars connecting GTPSP garage to the GT5 garage? So for have all cars
The function that add cars to your garage, can give the Standard version of Premium cars too?
Not sure if it’s related, but I’ve got the standard version of the premium cars including the F2007, Enzo, 787B, Celica Rally Car ‘95 etc. in my garage. You can obtain them using a garage editor.

Probably doesn’t relate to the question, but nobody seems to mention it.

1. Is it possible to edit the created event's image, title text, description text etc? I only found a way to edit the information of existing events.
I'm not sure about that. I tried quite hard to add information for my events everywhere I could to no avail, which leads me to believe it is either limited to 12 event folders or something really specific needs to be done.
GT6 does not have any issue with that.

2. Is it possible to save the progress of a created event so that it shows a gold trophy when I win the race?
Not sure about that. If i recall correctly progress is hardcoded for existing event ids.
Again, GT6 does not have that limitation either.

Last edited:
So... I got kicked out of the GT Online discord, not sure exactly what I did. I didnt talk **** to anyone or talk about anything bad.

Anyways, I have the Master Mod running, and I tried doing bspec 24-hour nurburgring and the system just freezes. Will prob uninstall the mod.

So... I got kicked out of the GT Online discord, not sure exactly what I did. I didnt talk **** to anyone or talk about anything bad.

Anyways, I have the Master Mod running, and I tried doing bspec 24-hour nurburgring and the system just freezes. Will prob uninstall the mod.
Yea we've actually moved to a new server. Don't worry you weren't kicked, the link should be updated. A bit unlucky that you joined right at the end of our split from there. Sorry about that

Last edited:
1.1.0 - Major Update - system.db clear REQUIRED

This is a huge milestone - I have figured how to edit the databases the game uses - car specifications, course lists, parts, items. The first obvious change I made was to stop with the track swapping non sense and actually add the PS2 tracks as new tracks!
[1.1.0] 11/11/2020 - MAJOR UPDATE. system.db clear REQUIRED.
* No more track swaps! Tracks are now actually added rather than swapped.
* Restored a couple more PS2 tracks.
* No more swaps means all reverse tracks are back.
* No swaps reverts license events that were changed back to original.
* This marks the total tracks added to 39 (!).

GT Online Lan/Modding Community

We have moved to a new server - main post has been updated with the link.
https://discord.gg/rUVRq2Dree

Hi Nenkai, I had to revert to the stock file settings because I couldnt do nurburgring 24hr bspec. Does the mod not allow bspec racing?

Two releases in one day, there was content worth doing it so i compacted them for this thread.

1.1.01 & 1.1.1
[1.1.1] 12/11/2020 - No system.db reset required (if you started from 1.1.01).
* Added a lot of missing PS2 tracks arcade previews (Credits to Jonny_0093)
* Added missing debug functions to the course maker.
* Template02 and 04 can now be selected in course maker to create tracks on.
* Online Lounge Demo is no longer required in LAN Mode to get names and chat logs working.

[1.1.01] 12/11/2020 - MAJOR UPDATE. system.db clear REQUIRED.
* Added some missing tracks.
* Attempted to fix B-Spec softlock
* Updated main menu discord invite.
* Added missing icon to Opera & Map to Pikes Peak.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/hsfdq3sq4386d/Lite

Sorry for the question, im sure its been asked a billion times, but how do i get into modding the game?

Can it be ran in an emulator or something?

Back