You may have heard of me in a few threads here or in other places - I've created tools to view and edit the game. This mod is a result of all the research that has been made towards the game compiled into one.
This mod adds several features to the game - mainly hidden ones and trust me, there are a lot. A lot of these features were used by Polyphony Digital to help developing the game.
1. LAN Mod
This is based off the original LAN Mod made by Razerman. A couple fixes and improvements were made:
- Chat logs now display properly when activating "Online Lounge Demo" in Secret Settings (which allows names to appear properly to others).
- 3 new car set restrictions were added. (Could not add more, the game doesn't load them properly for some reason.)
- The original LAN Mod broke the regular Rome track. This is fixed.
- The original LAN Mod broke Course Maker and GT TV. These options are now accessible again.
- More cars are available in the Arcade Section, which also appears in Recommended and people can use without owning them. Also means that you can do more specific One-Make races.
- Shuffle now goes from 240 PP to 1000 instead of the original 300 to 500. The upper PP ranges car list was imported from GTPSP's Shuffle list.
- Added three new car categories regulations - Tuned Car Class, Historic Cars (20 mil race cars), and Schwardzwald League B.
- Time to finish minimum can now be changed down to 10 seconds instead of 20.
- Now possible to use Karts and F1's without the one make restriction.
2. Added PS2 Tracks
The game has nearly all of the PS2 era tracks. 42 of them are included in this mod.
3. Restored Cut A-Spec Events
Note: Removed for the time being - needs some polishing.
Roughly 15 of them. Unfortunately game progress does not work for them (hardcoded).
Custom car rewards have been added for them (will require a fresh save).
4. QA Menu
Allows you to easily edit your save ingame, unlock DLCs directly, used by testers during development.
Pressing SELECT on the main menu.
4. Any Car in Photo Travel
A bypass rather than hidden feature. You can use standard cars in Photo Travel.
5. Race Editor
Used by Polyphony Digital to create game events, most notably licenses. You can use it to save events as an XML file to either the hard drive or an USB.
(Events are located at textdata/gt5 if you want to make custom events.)
6. Extra Course Maker Settings
Presumably used during development to make events for the GT Tour.
You can set the track length, and type of track. Yes you can now make Point-To-Point tracks. You can also drive your current GT Mode car during testing.
7. Painting Any Type of Car & Wheels
Also a bypass. Does not apply the color on all cars, rather unpredictable.
8. Special Settings
Now without save editing required.
9. All Cars in Dealership
Prices are balanced (aka more expensive), so the Used Car Dealership is still relevant.
10. Offline Credit/XP/Presents Login Presents Reimplemented
Should balance the game a bit more.
And a lot more:
Full Feature List
Install & Download
Instructions are within each zipped file. No instructions on how to mod your console to use the mod are provided.
- Myself (Nenkai#9075) - ADHoc Script Parser, GTToolsSharp, mod creator
- Klitlika - Added cars to arcade and recommended, course list changes, UCD cars to dealership & restored & fixed cut events
- Shy_Doge - Making the missing PS2 tracks maps and logos.
- Jonny_0093 - PS2 tracks arcade previews
- Goongumps - Online Mode car category changes
- Original creators of the LAN Mod.
- xFileFIN for the RT2 tool.
- Xenn for the Easter Egg.
- Gran Turismo Research Discord server.
- Gran Turismo Online/Modding Discord server. (https://discord.io/gtonline) (Alt link: https://discord.gg/rUVRq2Dree)
- Everyone using this mod
https://github.com/Nenkai/GTToolsSharp - GT5/6 Volume Unpacking/Packing
https://github.com/Nenkai/GTAdhocParser/ - ADHoc Script disassembler
https://github.com/Nenkai/TXS3Converter/ - TXS3<->Standard Image
https://github.com/Razer2015/GT.RText - GT5/6 Localization String Editor
https://github.com/Nenkai/GT-SpecDB-Editor - GT5 SpecDB Editor
HxD - Hex Editing
Are those PS2 tracks have reverse variant? looking forward to install this mod