[1.9.1] GT5 Master Mod

• Thread starter Nenkai
  • 355 comments
Hi guys, I'm kind of new to this, I recently installed master mode and I have a question, there are several youtube videos of people making HYBRIDS cars in GT5 and one of them is in master mode, I see tutorials, but none of them have master mode . Is there an editor for the master mode version that I can use ?? wanted to make a NASCAR HYBRID car.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm kind of new to this, I recently installed master mode and I have a question, there are several youtube videos of people making HYBRIDS cars in GT5 and one of them is in master mode, I see tutorials, but none of them have master mode . Is there an editor for the master mode version that I can use ?? wanted to make a NASCAR HYBRID car.
Should be the exact same as people been doing for years. Just with the mod installed.

[1.6.0] 22/02/2021
* Major Change: system.db deletion is no longer needed.
* Increased the AI difficulty of the arcade mode. Old "Professional" difficulty is "Normal".
* Increased max cars from 4 for the following tracks to:
- Chamonix (All) : 16
- Chamonix (PS2) : 12
- Ice Arena (PS2) : 12
- Grand Canyon (PS2) : 12
- Tahiti Maze (PS2) : 12
- Toscana : 16
- Eiger (all) : 12
- Templates : 16
* Some tweaks/fix to the course list. (Monza regular no longer has change weather, ps2 oval tracks now properly marked, all tracks allow karts)
* Increased favorite limits :
- Courses (Online?) - 50 -> 200
- Photos - 50 -> 200
- Replays - 50 -> 200
- Cars - 100 -> 1000

Note: It may take a little while on the Gran Turismo 5 logo ingame after installing this mod/update. This is normal, as it updates the system.db during that time.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3r5ytvi8rcp3v/1.6.0+-+Latest

Should be the exact same as people been doing for years. Just with the mod installed.
beauty only with the mod installed, so can i use the youtube tutorials in the master mod version or does the master mod itself have it?

beauty only with the mod installed, so can i use the youtube tutorials in the master mod version or does the master mod itself have it?
Like I said before. It should work the same way you have been doing it just with the mod installed.

sorry to repeat but I don't understand why I can't join any lobby in LAN mode. Worse the communications between the Ui and engine appear to have stopped responding when I enter this mode

sorry to repeat but I don't understand why I can't join any lobby in LAN mode. Worse the communications between the Ui and engine appear to have stopped responding when I enter this mode
We told you over 30 times without exaggerating that this is an issue with XLink Kai, no further help to be given so i'd appreciate if this thread could stay on topic. Thanks.

Last edited:
Would this mod still work without LAN mode enabled, or is it required for this mod? Been wanting to get this mod but can’t because I can’t update to 2.11.

[QUOTE = "fordlaser, post: 13400664, membro: 106851"] Você precisa de um jailbreak do PS3 para obter esse mod. [/ CITAR]
What is this? a ps3 unlock? if it is, i already have it but if not how do i get it?

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "fordlaser, post: 13400664, membro: 106851"] Você precisa de um jailbreak do PS3 para obter esse mod. [/ CITAR]
What is this? a ps3 unlock? if it is, i already have it but if not how do i get it?
English please, so I can understand what you are saying.

[QUOTE = "fordlaser, post: 13400667, membro: 106851"] Inglês, por favor, para que eu possa entender o que você está dizendo. [/ QUOTE]
(jailbreak) is important for unlocking HEN on ps3, my ps3 is unlocked now, so what do I do next?
I already have the secret menu of GT5 now I saw that there is also in GT6, a guy recorded on youtube showing the secret menu.

Last edited:
I really think it is an impressive work, but I think it would be cool a "lite" edition of this mod focused on making it closer to how it was originally, only with LAN, DLC unlock and daily bonuses. I do think it is pretty cool the effort on the other additions but I dont like how I can unlock everything from the start with a touch of a button, how cluttered the car selection gets with all cars shown on Arcade and Time Trial modes or the PS2 tracks.

Hey guys. It is the first time here in this discussion, I would like to know from you, if the cut cars and cars not inserted in some way in the GT5, will be placed in a later update. If there is already a tool to transfer data from GT4, for example, and move to GT5. As already done in GT2, where GT1 cars were placed in the game. I thank you for the opportunity.

If there is already a tool to transfer data from GT4, for example, and move to GT5. As already done in GT2, where GT1 cars were placed in the game.

The model formats from GT4 to GT5 are a lot more different than GT1 to GT2, so there are no tools to do this. As for converting from GT1 to GT2, most of the stuff I ported over was actually based on GT2 models - it's only very recently that it's become possible to even partially port models from GT1 to GT2, that's how difficult it is.

The model formats from GT4 to GT5 are a lot more different than GT1 to GT2, so there are no tools to do this. As for converting from GT1 to GT2, most of the stuff I ported over was actually based on GT2 models - it's only very recently that it's become possible to even partially port models from GT1 to GT2, that's how difficult it is.
I got it. As they already had the car models already defined in GT2, it was just carrying texture data and playing in a common model, or something like that. As in GT4 the system is different from GT5, it may be difficult to port, or perhaps not even that. Only the q was cut and found the files in the ISO. In fact, my hope was to see the FPV (Ford Australia) cars there, as it still contains bits of information. But it was worth the attention.

I dont like how I can unlock everything from the start with a touch of a button.
You got a very good point about this GT5 Mod, and to unlock everything from the start with a touch of a button destroys the fun. So I am not going to worry about a CFW anymore and just play GT5 the right way, I am at level 31 and I am happy on what I am doing.
The Mod should only have had LAN and Daily bonuses and then the Mod would have been very good to use, instead of a touch of a button to unlock everything.

That shouldn't be an issue, no one presses select by accident there. You can choose to unlock everything how you wish but that's up to you in the end. For me all I do is unlock the DLC cars and play through the game normally after that.

Last edited:
That shouldn't be an issue, no one presses select by accident there. You can choose to unlock everything how you wish but that's up to you in the end. For me all I do is unlock the DLC cars and play through the game normally after that.
Don't you press select to change your driving view.

You got a very good point about this GT5 Mod, and to unlock everything from the start with a touch of a button destroys the fun. So I am not going to worry about a CFW anymore and just play GT5 the right way, I am at level 31 and I am happy on what I am doing.
The Mod should only have had LAN and Daily bonuses and then the Mod would have been very good to use, instead of a touch of a button to unlock everything.

Yes.. it depends. I was thinking like you not that long ago but I came from 0 to lvls 38 both a and b spec and from there on it's just too much grinding. But still who wants to play properly with MM still doesn't have to give himself everything and can play with bonuses and online just as you said. After doing le mans 24 hrs b spec few times it just didn't have much sense to kill my PS with grinding to get to lvl 40.

Id rather have my PS to die racing online :) :P

also many people can't beat Vettel challenges without a wheel so it's difficult to come to 40/40.. did that before MM too :)

Last edited:
Yes.. it depends. I was thinking like you not that long ago but I came from 0 to lvls 38 both a and b spec and from there on it's just too much grinding. But still who wants to play properly with MM still doesn't have to give himself everything and can play with bonuses and online just as you said. After doing le mans 24 hrs b spec few times it just didn't have much sense to kill my PS with grinding to get to lvl 40.

Id rather have my PS to die racing online :) :P

also many people can't beat Vettel challenges without a wheel so it's difficult to come to 40/40.. did that before MM too :)

I decide to play with the Mod now because I really had problems with my jailbreak PS3, that is why I quoted @Codemastersk post about the Mod and I am sorry about that, and If I had it working then I would not have quoted Codemastersk post.

The things I like about the Mod, is that all the cars are all in dealership now, and you can get the daily bonuses now which I miss. Now I am starting the game from scratch and I will still be getting Gold the right way with the daily bonus, but with the GT5 red bull challenge well I decide on what to do about them later ;).

Last edited:
Back