[1.9.1] GT5 Master Mod

• Thread starter Nenkai
  • 355 comments
You may have heard of me in a few threads here or in other places - I've created tools to view and edit the game. This mod is a result of all the research that has been made towards the game compiled into one.

This mod adds several features to the game - mainly hidden ones and trust me, there are a lot. A lot of these features were used by Polyphony Digital to help developing the game.

1. LAN Mod
This is based off the original LAN Mod made by Razerman. A couple fixes and improvements were made:
  • Chat logs now display properly when activating "Online Lounge Demo" in Secret Settings (which allows names to appear properly to others).
  • 3 new car set restrictions were added. (Could not add more, the game doesn't load them properly for some reason.)
  • The original LAN Mod broke the regular Rome track. This is fixed.
  • The original LAN Mod broke Course Maker and GT TV. These options are now accessible again.
  • More cars are available in the Arcade Section, which also appears in Recommended and people can use without owning them. Also means that you can do more specific One-Make races.
  • Shuffle now goes from 240 PP to 1000 instead of the original 300 to 500. The upper PP ranges car list was imported from GTPSP's Shuffle list.
  • Added three new car categories regulations - Tuned Car Class, Historic Cars (20 mil race cars), and Schwardzwald League B.
  • Time to finish minimum can now be changed down to 10 seconds instead of 20.
  • Now possible to use Karts and F1's without the one make restriction.
Gran_Turismo_5_11.png

2. Added PS2 Tracks
The game has nearly all of the PS2 era tracks. 42 of them are included in this mod.
List:

3. Restored Cut A-Spec Events
Note: Removed for the time being - needs some polishing.

Roughly 15 of them. Unfortunately game progress does not work for them (hardcoded).
Custom car rewards have been added for them (will require a fresh save).
<Picture Soon>

4. QA Menu
Allows you to easily edit your save ingame, unlock DLCs directly, used by testers during development.
Pressing SELECT on the main menu.
Gran_Turismo_5.png

Gran_Turismo_5_1.png

4. Any Car in Photo Travel
A bypass rather than hidden feature. You can use standard cars in Photo Travel.
Gran_Turismo_5_2.png

5. Race Editor
Used by Polyphony Digital to create game events, most notably licenses. You can use it to save events as an XML file to either the hard drive or an USB.
(Events are located at textdata/gt5 if you want to make custom events.)
Gran_Turismo_5_3.png

6. Extra Course Maker Settings
Presumably used during development to make events for the GT Tour.
You can set the track length, and type of track. Yes you can now make Point-To-Point tracks. You can also drive your current GT Mode car during testing.
Gran_Turismo_5_4.png

7. Painting Any Type of Car & Wheels
Also a bypass. Does not apply the color on all cars, rather unpredictable.
Gran_Turismo_5_5.png

8. Special Settings
Now without save editing required.
Gran_Turismo_5_6.png

9. All Cars in Dealership
Prices are balanced (aka more expensive), so the Used Car Dealership is still relevant.
Gran_Turismo_5_1.png

10. Offline Credit/XP/Presents Login Presents Reimplemented

Should balance the game a bit more.
Gran_Turismo_5.png
And a lot more:

Full Feature List

Changelog

Install & Download
Instructions are within each zipped file. No instructions on how to mod your console to use the mod are provided.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/6ye4yod7voapb/Gran+Turismo+5+Master+Mod+(2.11)

Credits
- Myself (Nenkai#9075) - ADHoc Script Parser, GTToolsSharp, mod creator
- Klitlika - Added cars to arcade and recommended, course list changes, UCD cars to dealership & restored & fixed cut events
- Shy_Doge - Making the missing PS2 tracks maps and logos.
- Jonny_0093 - PS2 tracks arcade previews
- Goongumps - Online Mode car category changes
- Original creators of the LAN Mod.
- xFileFIN for the RT2 tool.
- Xenn for the Easter Egg.
- Gran Turismo Research Discord server.
- Gran Turismo Online/Modding Discord server. (https://discord.io/gtonline) (Alt link: https://discord.gg/rUVRq2Dree)
- Everyone using this mod

Tools Used
https://github.com/Nenkai/GTToolsSharp - GT5/6 Volume Unpacking/Packing
https://github.com/Nenkai/GTAdhocParser/ - ADHoc Script disassembler
https://github.com/Nenkai/TXS3Converter/ - TXS3<->Standard Image
https://github.com/Razer2015/GT.RText - GT5/6 Localization String Editor
https://github.com/Nenkai/GT-SpecDB-Editor - GT5 SpecDB Editor
HxD - Hex Editing
Notepad++

Are those PS2 tracks have reverse variant? looking forward to install this mod

Are those PS2 tracks have reverse variant? looking forward to install this mod
No.

1.7.0 & 1.7.1

[1.7.0] 28/04/2021
[NOTE]
This is an experimental release as it actually adds cars to the game.
Be cautious! If you want to remove the mod make sure to first remove the cars from the save.
Make a backup if needed before installing.

* Added scrapped cars:
Polyphony Digital X1 (fan) - From GT5 QA Build of Sept. 16th 2010
Red Bull X2010 S.Vettel (Old) - Model from GT5 QA Build of Sept. 16th 2010
Nissan SKYLINE Coupe 370GT (GT Academy Version) '07 - Car from GT Academy 2012 that never carried to GT5.

* Tweaked AI in Arcade (Professional Difficulty). i.e AI was too slow behind.

[1.7.1] 13/05/2021
* Swapped walking camera to Debug Camera in Photo Mode within Replays.
* Fix missing thumbnail for the added Nissan SKYLINE Coupe 370GT (GT Academy Version) '07.

Gran_Turismo_5.png

Gran_Turismo_5_3.png

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6z5m4o6xpmwt1/1.7.1

We are very greatfull for your hard work and dedication :-) Hope we can help you guys with testing and if needed some help. We can expect in the near future to see SSR11 and more PS2 great tracks?

[QUOTE = "Nenkai, postagem: 13410250, membro: 313999"] Não.

1.7.0 e 1.7.1

Gran_Turismo_5.png

Gran_Turismo_5_3.png

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6z5m4o6xpmwt1/1.7.1 [/ QUOTE]

in this mod, could you increase the difficulty of your opponents? in the race editor you can leave them with a soft tire at the time of the race but they are still not fast because when you try to pass them, they reduce so that you can pass and I can still beat them with a hard tire

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Nenkai, postagem: 13410250, membro: 313999"] Não.

1.7.0 e 1.7.1

Gran_Turismo_5.png

Gran_Turismo_5_3.png

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6z5m4o6xpmwt1/1.7.1 [/ QUOTE]

in this mod, could you increase the difficulty of your opponents? in the race editor you can leave them with a soft tire at the time of the race but they are still not fast because when you try to pass them, they reduce so that you can pass and I can still beat them with a hard tire
He increased the AI difficulty in the Arcade Mode of the game, though this only effects Professional/Ameature difficulty. With RaceEdit I don't think you can edit the AI with skills at least from what I believe when I last used it.

He increased the AI difficulty in the Arcade Mode of the game, though this only effects Professional/Ameature difficulty. With RaceEdit I don't think you can edit the AI with skills at least from what I believe when I last used it.

it is true,
they are more aggressive,
only in the race editor that still has some errors and bugs,
but other than that the mod is amazing...

Last edited:
The race editor has bugs but that's just how it is and how far in development it is.
Whether they could be fixed is another task and quite a major one. It requires knowledge as to how their custom language works and writing up a compiler for it.

Last edited:
Hey, Just a question, Do you have to downgrade to 2.11 to actually work and what happens if you don't mod your console, Thanks!
1. Afaik you can, but after 2.11 many contents of the game were fully removed (some hidden cars) and there are some security checks in place to make it more difficult to mod current cars in the game. If you or if you play with someone who has these in place, the game will crash or erase your modded cars. Again it is not worth it to update the game after 2.11 since after that the game didnt received any content updates.

2.If you dont mod your console, how you will transfer the modified files into your game? It is not like the console allows you to replace or copy game data assets, it only allows saved progress. The only thing possible to mod from a saved progress is cars and DLC, it is not possible to restore LAN connectivity or daily bonuses for example through a saved progress file.

Last edited:
2.If you dont mod your console, how you will transfer the modified files into your game? It is not like the console allows you to replace or copy game data assets, it only allows saved progress. The only thing possible to mod from a saved progress is cars and DLC, it is not possible to restore LAN connectivity or daily bonuses for example through a saved progress file.
On what your saying is Save Game modding which is easy to do. But if you want to install the Master Mod you need a modded console. That's the only real requirement for this and getting back the DLC you had is even easier.

Oh my gosh. This has to be too good to be true. I lost my GT5 years ago and I definitly need to get another copy. Those LAN parties look so fun! You guys managed to restore the GT5 community. Thank you!
GT5 disks are about £$4 on ebay. Would be great to see you online soon!

What a awesome surprise to me is this great mod! Waiting for pikes peak finish...I looked at menu....and i true surprised seems it in progress!

See, I would love to mod, but I'm afraid of bricking my PS3 and I don't have ethernet. Just wireless in my house. Can you still join using Wireless connection or does it strictly have to be ethernet?

If I can, I'm 100% thinking of getting this done.

See, I would love to mod, but I'm afraid of bricking my PS3 and I don't have ethernet. Just wireless in my house. Can you still join using Wireless connection or does it strictly have to be ethernet?
You can plug your PS3 into your PC ethernet wise and go from there, pretty simple. Also if your afraid of bricking your PS3 you won't unless you follow the tutorials closely.

If I can, I'm 100% thinking of getting this done.

I had exactly the same fears as you. Someone from here reassured me and held my hand. Otherwise I would never have done it. Even when I did for the 1st time I bought another PS3 to do it on. Like everything, Its a bit daunting at first, but it worked, nothing was bricked, nothing was lost. Everything is undoable. So I did another one, and another one. I did 7 in the end and now run a 5 screen rig and race online regularly. All you need for1 screen is an ethernet cable and a raspberry pi 3b+ (about €£$50).

Happy to talk you through it.

You may have heard of me in a few threads here or in other places - I've created tools to view and edit the game. This mod is a result of all the research that has been made towards the game compiled into one.

This mod adds several features to the game - mainly hidden ones and trust me, there are a lot. A lot of these features were used by Polyphony Digital to help developing the game.

1. LAN Mod
This is based off the original LAN Mod made by Razerman. A couple fixes and improvements were made:
  • Chat logs now display properly when activating "Online Lounge Demo" in Secret Settings (which allows names to appear properly to others).
  • 3 new car set restrictions were added. (Could not add more, the game doesn't load them properly for some reason.)
  • The original LAN Mod broke the regular Rome track. This is fixed.
  • The original LAN Mod broke Course Maker and GT TV. These options are now accessible again.
  • More cars are available in the Arcade Section, which also appears in Recommended and people can use without owning them. Also means that you can do more specific One-Make races.
  • Shuffle now goes from 240 PP to 1000 instead of the original 300 to 500. The upper PP ranges car list was imported from GTPSP's Shuffle list.
  • Added three new car categories regulations - Tuned Car Class, Historic Cars (20 mil race cars), and Schwardzwald League B.
  • Time to finish minimum can now be changed down to 10 seconds instead of 20.
  • Now possible to use Karts and F1's without the one make restriction.
Gran_Turismo_5_11.png

2. Added PS2 Tracks
The game has nearly all of the PS2 era tracks. 42 of them are included in this mod.
List:

3. Restored Cut A-Spec Events
Note: Removed for the time being - needs some polishing.

Roughly 15 of them. Unfortunately game progress does not work for them (hardcoded).
Custom car rewards have been added for them (will require a fresh save).
<Picture Soon>

4. QA Menu
Allows you to easily edit your save ingame, unlock DLCs directly, used by testers during development.
Pressing SELECT on the main menu.
Gran_Turismo_5.png

Gran_Turismo_5_1.png

4. Any Car in Photo Travel
A bypass rather than hidden feature. You can use standard cars in Photo Travel.
Gran_Turismo_5_2.png

5. Race Editor
Used by Polyphony Digital to create game events, most notably licenses. You can use it to save events as an XML file to either the hard drive or an USB.
(Events are located at textdata/gt5 if you want to make custom events.)
Gran_Turismo_5_3.png

6. Extra Course Maker Settings
Presumably used during development to make events for the GT Tour.
You can set the track length, and type of track. Yes you can now make Point-To-Point tracks. You can also drive your current GT Mode car during testing.
Gran_Turismo_5_4.png

7. Painting Any Type of Car & Wheels
Also a bypass. Does not apply the color on all cars, rather unpredictable.
Gran_Turismo_5_5.png

8. Special Settings
Now without save editing required.
Gran_Turismo_5_6.png

9. All Cars in Dealership
Prices are balanced (aka more expensive), so the Used Car Dealership is still relevant.
Gran_Turismo_5_1.png

10. Offline Credit/XP/Presents Login Presents Reimplemented

Should balance the game a bit more.
Gran_Turismo_5.png

11. Added Scrapped Cars Entirely
Cars that were easy to re-add from older GT5 versions/builds were added to the game. (Attached image: Polyphony Digital X1)
Gran_Turismo_5.png

12. Debug Camera in Photo Walk Mode (Replays)
Gran_Turismo_5_3.png

And a lot more:

Full Feature List

Changelog

Install & Download
Instructions are within each zipped file. No instructions on how to mod your console to use the mod are provided.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/6ye4yod7voapb/Gran+Turismo+5+Master+Mod+(2.11)

Credits
- Myself (Nenkai#9075) - ADHoc Script Parser, GTToolsSharp, mod creator
- Klitlika - Added cars to arcade and recommended, course list changes, UCD cars to dealership & restored & fixed cut events
- Shy_Doge - Making the missing PS2 tracks maps and logos.
- Jonny_0093 - PS2 tracks arcade previews
- Goongumps - Online Mode car category changes
- Original creators of the LAN Mod.
- xFileFIN for the RT2 tool.
- Xenn for the Easter Egg.
- Paiky & Dezent for contributing and getting GT5 QA Build which allowed content to be ported over to GT5.
- Gran Turismo Research Discord server.
- Gran Turismo Online/Modding Discord server (https://discord.io/gtonline) (Alt link: https://discord.gg/rUVRq2Dree)
- Everyone using this mod

Tools Used
https://github.com/Nenkai/GTToolsSharp - GT5/6 Volume Unpacking/Packing
https://github.com/Nenkai/GTAdhocParser/ - ADHoc Script disassembler
https://github.com/Nenkai/TXS3Converter/ - TXS3<->Standard Image
https://github.com/Razer2015/GT.RText - GT5/6 Localization String Editor
https://github.com/Nenkai/GT-SpecDB-Editor - GT5 SpecDB Editor
HxD - Hex Editing
Notepad++

sad, the Circle100 track is not included. but btw nice work Sir!
Planning to buy a modded PS3 console :)

Incredible. It's an amazing sounding mod, but I'm terribly afraid of jailbreaking my console. Do I need to jailbreak my ps3 to do that?
Yes. You sadly have to jailbreak your Playstation 3, but people tend to just call it ''Hacking the Console''. You can make a Backup of your Console with enough luck, but it's very, very worth it, especially with that Multiman Menu I've heard about.

What do the V and 2 mean?

Also, with the X1, what differences are there other than the in-car HUD?

And are the Car Of Tomorrow NASCARs still in the game data?
V means cars that were available as vouchers (e.g. the Gamestop NASCAR if I remember right), 2 means cars that were added in Spec 2.

For the X1, no differences that I know of besides the HUD, and no NASCAR data except for what's already featured in the game.

Last edited:
Since my PS3 has died I'm going to try to get this working on RPCS3 instead. I've been wanting to test this mod for ages but just not got around to it (found time to play modded versions of GT2 though 😋).

I'll try to get this up and running tonight, need to make sure I don't update the game to the wrong version, I see an update to latest patch in RPCS3 but I'll figure out how to update one patch at a time I'm sure. Loking forward to having a go.

Edit: actually, not sure if someone who knows the answer can DM me, I'm really having trouble to patch the game in RCPS3.

Edit 2: Nevermind, I have found a page with links to the patches and a way to install them 1 at a time in RCPS3, so once the game is updated to v2.11 I'll try to install the master mod.

Edit 3: Master Mod all installed now, just saving data to the hard drive during the first fresh boot. Quick question for those who know, I'm reading a guide on how to create custom events (something I'm very keen to do), if I add custom events do I need to start a new save or will they simply populate the existing one?

Last edited:
Quick question for those who know, I'm reading a guide on how to create custom events (something I'm very keen to do), if I add custom events do I need to start a new save or will they simply populate the existing one?
Adding events in GT5 is quite the task, a lot more than say GT6. I don't think it's really worth it for GT5, best to try that on GT6 instead.

Adding events in GT5 is quite the task, a lot more than say GT6. I don't think it's really worth it for GT5, best to try that on GT6 instead.
I'm not sure I can, last time I tried GT6 was unplayable on RPCS3, it crashed either before the main menu or if you made it past that then at the same spot every time when I tried buying the first car.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I can, last time I tried GT6 was unplayable on RPCS3, it crashed either before the main menu or if you made it past that then at the same spot every time when I tried buying the first car.
Nothing much you can do there, as GT5/6 desync quite often than not. Just have to deal with it there. Just saying that it's so much easier than GT5 is (and keep in mind you have a limit on added events in GT5 in comparison to 6).

Back