[1.9.1] GT5 Master Mod

• Thread starter Nenkai
  • 355 comments
Nothing much you can do there, as GT5/6 desync quite often than not. Just have to deal with it there. Just saying that it's so much easier than GT5 is (and keep in mind you have a limit on added events in GT5 in comparison to 6).
Since it's been a while since I last tried GT6 I tried running it again and I've actually got it runinng better (after much trial and error) than GT5. Which is remarkeable. I did try to install the extended career mod but that crashed the game. I'll try it again and if that fails I'll post in the relevant thread in the GT6 forum.

I just tried this and it's great but the one thing I don't like is all the cars made available in arcade mode, it defeats the purpose of playing the game imo and they are so many you can take a lunch break If you want to find xyz car.

Oh man, you are Masters. I have a lot of job to learn and do, but I want to taste this GT 5 Mod myself. Thanks A LOT for all this passionate work to the Gran Turismo saga :cheers:

Hello, first-time poster, long-time lurker here.

So there are a lot of cool-looking custom tracks in the Course Maker subforum. Unfortunately, there is no way to download them anymore, and they can't be reasonably recreated because of the editor's randomness.

But...with the Master Mod, we have access to the random number seed generator, so is it possible to now recreate anybody's custom track?

unfortunately I cannot access the Discord GT Online modding link because Discord tells me it is invalid or expired
Sorry Nenkai

Hello, first-time poster, long-time lurker here.

So there are a lot of cool-looking custom tracks in the Course Maker subforum. Unfortunately, there is no way to download them anymore, and they can't be reasonably recreated because of the editor's randomness.

But...with the Master Mod, we have access to the random number seed generator, so is it possible to now recreate anybody's custom track?
From my understanding you'd be correct in theory, but:
  • We don't have the seeds the tracks were created with anyway, since they were pre-mod
  • I believe seeds behaved differently on each game version, so without knowing the version it'd be even more guesswork

So in actuality it's like looking for a needle in a haystack... when you don't know what a needle looks like in the first place.

From my understanding you'd be correct in theory, but:
  • We don't have the seeds the tracks were created with anyway, since they were pre-mod
  • I believe seeds behaved differently on each game version, so without knowing the version it'd be even more guesswork

So in actuality it's like looking for a needle in a haystack... when you don't know what a needle looks like in the first place.
That's disappointing. I would think that even if somebody had created a track in an older version, as long as they still had the track they could load it in the editor (with the Master Mod) and get the seed. Unless tracks made in older versions could not be used in newer versions. (Obviously anyone with the Master Mod is on 2.11.)

Maybe this can be tested. I have here a track (it's nothing special), perhaps someone can try to duplicate it.

GT5 2.11, US (BCUS98114)

Eifel (Circuit)
Length: 2.76 miles
Straight Length: 0.58 miles
Turns: 20
Elevation Change: 194.7 miles

Global
Seed: 15329
Sections: 4

Section 1
Complexity: 9
Width: 0
Sharpness: 3
Banking: 3

Section 2
Complexity: 7
Width: 2
Sharpness: -1
Banking: 0

Section 3
Complexity: 8
Width: -2
Banking: 3

Section 4
Complexity: 9
Width: -3
Banking: 4

Layout:
course0009.png

...as long as they still had the track they could load it in the editor (with the Master Mod) and get the seed.
I don't have GT5 to test your track, but I'll admit I completely forgot about this possibility, and I don't see why it wouldn't work (besides the passage of 10 years meaning dead consoles/deleted saves).

Yeah, I don't expect anybody from the old days to still have their saves, and I don't think there's much interest in new people designing custom tracks. But I'd thought I'd just throw the idea out there.

Yeah, I don't expect anybody from the old days to still have their saves, and I don't think there's much interest in new people designing custom tracks. But I'd thought I'd just throw the idea out there.
I still have my old GT5 save, so if I ever get around to jailbraking my PS3 I'll be sure to send some of the seeds to my favourite tracks.

I still have my old GT5 save, so if I ever get around to jailbraking my PS3 I'll be sure to send some of the seeds to my favourite tracks.
If courses are saved to the save data, you could just upload that. But if they're saved in the game data that won't work.

What happen to the server? Seems disappeared
Also, the links provided here are expired seems, I get errors when trying to enter

Credits
- Myself (Nenkai#9075) - ADHoc Script Parser, GTToolsSharp, mod creator
- Klitlika - Added cars to arcade and recommended, course list changes, UCD cars to dealership & restored & fixed cut events
- Shy_Doge - Making the missing PS2 tracks maps and logos.
- Jonny_0093 - PS2 tracks arcade previews
- Goongumps - Online Mode car category changes
- Original creators of the LAN Mod.
- xFileFIN for the RT2 tool.
- Xenn for the Easter Egg.
- Paiky & Dezent for contributing and getting GT5 QA Build which allowed content to be ported over to GT5.
- Gran Turismo Research Discord server.
- Gran Turismo Online/Modding Discord server (https://discord.io/gtonline) (Alt link: https://discord.gg/rUVRq2Dree) [NOTE: Entry is on a request basis, contact me to enter.]
- Everyone using this mod
I haven't posted on this forum in, I don't know how long, possibly before GT Sport. But finding this mod has brought me back, thank you everyone who has contributed to it's existence!

Nenkai, I was wondering, is it possible to add tuning options to cars that are not supposed to have them? Eg. Couldn't originally equip a supercharger, but can now? I am find another remedy to this if not, but if it were in this mod, that would be amazing... I seem to recall save files, hex editors and swapping values to get things like, idk, I put an F40 engine in an M3, stuff like that, so I'm sure there's a way, but hoping to find an 'easy' way

I haven't posted on this forum in, I don't know how long, possibly before GT Sport. But finding this mod has brought me back, thank you everyone who has contributed to it's existence!

Nenkai, I was wondering, is it possible to add tuning options to cars that are not supposed to have them? Eg. Couldn't originally equip a supercharger, but can now? I am find another remedy to this if not, but if it were in this mod, that would be amazing... I seem to recall save files, hex editors and swapping values to get things like, idk, I put an F40 engine in an M3, stuff like that, so I'm sure there's a way, but hoping to find an 'easy' way
It's possible by save editing yes, it's called hybriding.
But ig's also possible by editing the game data directly to make it more proper, now.

It's possible by save editing yes, it's called hybriding.
But ig's also possible by editing the game data directly to make it more proper, now.
Thanks Nenkai, when you say ig, if I look up hybriding for this mod will I find others who've done it? I just couldn't see where it was on your list of features (I will admit I didn't read every line of the release notes just the front page).

Does the Master Mod install for all PS3 profiles or just one?

I would like to know if I can have the mod on one profile and keep the original GT5 on another profile.

Back