[1.9.1] GT5 Master Mod

• Thread starter Nenkai
  • 355 comments
By pure luck, I've find out what are those thing and from where they come. In the secret menu, theirs an option "special tickets add" and that's my guess where those weird item appeared in the tuning menu.

I've used GT5 Save Editor v0.0.7.3 to modify my save game and It's where I've seen new ticket I've never seen. They all have an clear description of what they are and what they do, no preview image and they don't seem to apply on all cars.

• Improved Accelerator Response (from the description, ITB)
  • Body Stage 4
  • Body Stage 5
  • Catalytic converter: Racing
  • Turbo Stage 4
  • Turbo Stage 5
  • Large diameter disc + 4 piston calipers
  • Large diameter disc + 6 piston calipers
  • Large diameter disc + 8 piston calipers
  • Brake: Ceramic brake pads
  • Nitro 10 to 120sec
  • Power improvement 5% to 20% (like an octane booster)
  • Special racing tires

For those one I'm not sure if they were there since It's been a long time I didn't play GT5
  • Clutch: Triple plate
  • Flywheel: Racing

I'll try out on some of my cars if they work, I'll keep you updated.

Last edited:
So quick update, they indeed work. I've tuned 2 cars. Toyota 86, Body stage 4&5 worked, racing cat and triple clutch/racing flywheels.

Car fully tuned without special ticket went to 363 to 371hp, 1092kg to 1042kg and 505 to 512pp.

I've tuned a Supra tuned went from 680hp to 1025hp.

guys can someone suggest me how to put the 2.11 ... I installed academy edition and I'm at 2.15 .... I can't find the 2.11 update since ps3 game update is not installed on my pc ... please someone help me !! if someone can email it to me .. I don't know ...

I had done everything right I thought I had succeeded when the inscription Gran turismo 5 mod below on the right came out but after that STOP .. all black .. what is this due in your opinion? i have multiman 4.81 and irisman 4.88 my xmb is at 4.82 ... i ask you if hen is needed?
i would love to play online with you guys help me

Best thing might be to just uninstall the game data and start from scratch, manually updating each version (you can download each update separately and put them on USB, so you don't accidentally go past 2.11). It's a pain, but it might be your only option.

I managed to go back from 2.17 to 2.11 required and I entered the mod ... only that after the first screen with the words "Gran turismo 5 master mod etc etc that appears in the lower right" I exulted when I saw it, I thought to have succeeded but then nothing happens ... just black .. I would like to understand what I'm doing wrong ..

I managed to go back from 2.17 to 2.11 required and I entered the mod ... only that after the first screen with the words "Gran turismo 5 master mod etc etc that appears in the lower right" I exulted when I saw it, I thought to have succeeded but then nothing happens ... just black .. I would like to understand what I'm doing wrong ..
Did the game softlock on the black screen with the GT logo before the main menu? That happens almost all the time with me. You just have to quit and restart the game.

Did the game softlock on the black screen with the GT logo before the main menu? That happens almost all the time with me. You just have to quit and restart the game.
I tried and tried again but nothing ... after the screen where there is the word mastermod at the bottom right nothing ever appears ..

but the mod is only the folder with the files "PDIPFS" and "PDIPFS original" or is there something else that I should have downloaded?

You only copy the contents of PDIPFS to your game folder, PDIPFS original folder will uninstall the mod.

EDIT - By the way, the Master Mod has been updated to 1.8.1. Main change is that the debug camera is an optional install.

Last edited:
What's the latest changes in the master mod? I've noticed there's not been any new patch notes since version 1.7.1 .

What's new about the latest version? last time I tried this mod some PS2 GT tracks were a bit broken, are they fixed now? what about all the cars available in arcade mode, any way to turn that off and make it the way it is unmodded where you just unlock and add new cars?

What's new about the latest version? last time I tried this mod some PS2 GT tracks were a bit broken, are they fixed now? what about all the cars available in arcade mode, any way to turn that off and make it the way it is unmodded where you just unlock and add new cars?
He/She made the debug camera separate and fixed the ps2 tracks so they always have textures loaded and not disappearing

The PS2 tracks are really nice, any chance of getting these ported to GT6 someday?

As far as I'm aware, they are like a slightly different format that GT5 recognizes but 6 doesn't. They only ported the Top Gear track, but it's a bit bugged, there's no shadows cast by you car I think.

Shame, as if it weren't for them and the Used Car Dealership mod for 6 not being out yet, I would not have any need for this game and would be able to free up some space on my PS3's hard drive. There's also the events I guess, like the special events section, and the endurances, but I'd rather play scaled-up versions of the ones in GT6, maybe up to 6 hours for the 24h ones.

There's also the course maker, which might be nice if it's possible to add custom tracks to custom events. More rally events would be nice. Better than the only rally event in 6.

As far as I'm aware, they are like a slightly different format that GT5 recognizes but 6 doesn't. They only ported the Top Gear track, but it's a bit bugged, there's no shadows cast by you car I think.

Shame, as if it weren't for them and the Used Car Dealership mod for 6 not being out yet, I would not have any need for this game and would be able to free up some space on my PS3's hard drive. There's also the events I guess, like the special events section, and the endurances, but I'd rather play scaled-up versions of the ones in GT6, maybe up to 6 hours for the 24h ones.

There's also the course maker, which might be nice if it's possible to add custom tracks to custom events. More rally events would be nice. Better than the only rally event in 6.
Yea the rally content in GT6 is quite scarce, the rally tracks from PS2 and tight tracks like Costa di Amalfi would be a great addition to GT6.

Random question, but in the full feature list, what is "Runviewer features (Resolution Changing) enabled in Options."? And where can I find this option because I can't find it in options.

I had done everything right I thought I had succeeded when the inscription Gran turismo 5 mod below on the right came out but after that STOP .. all black .. what is this due in your opinion? i have multiman 4.81 and irisman 4.88 my xmb is at 4.82 ... i ask you if hen is needed?
i would love to play online with you guys help me
If you use ver. 1.8.1, change to ver. 1.7.1 that work to my ps3 hen

Back