10/11/06 TBS NEWS23 — Gran Turismo HD Segment

• Thread starter ALPHA
  • 24 comments
The Japanese GT site mentioned GT–HD was to be featured as part of a “Next Generation Gaming” segment on Japanese TV on Friday, this coinciding with the PS3’s release the following day.

After some extensive searching I’ve finally found it, and some high definition captures online—yay for me.

Gran Turismo 4’s level of detail; and below, GT–HD’s.

Lots of other interesting titbits too.

I tested the YouTube code with another video and it worked fine….

I can't see the video link.

Edit: Oh yeah. It's pretty interesting. I see a lot of difference between PS2 model and PS3 model in Car. Great find!!!

Also, after watching the YouTube video, at 8:04, you can just catch the Nissan GT-R Proto Concept on the developer's computer screen before the camera pans away.

Good one Alpha 👍
Anyone know what's up with the screen at 4:30?
it seems like browsing a bunch of screenshots
not just GTHD but also motorstorm
maybe gamesaves and replays?

Also, after watching the YouTube video, at 8:04, you can just catch the Nissan GT-R Proto Concept on the developer's computer screen before the camera pans away.
Well spotted 👍.

I never get tired of looking at those graphics, and I'm really digging the new agish jazz Polyphony is using for the menu music. It's very sweet, soothing and dramatic at the same time. I know the info is going to slow down for a while, but I'm hoping for a steady dribble of news, pics and videos.

The YouTube code isn't working as I'm unable to see anything. So I used the other link. I do wish I could improve my Japanese. This deal is pretty nice in showcasing this GTHD package. I do wish I could see some other courses than this Premium course of Eiger Nordwand. Only potential new course I've heard of for GTHD Premium was a street course in London. Don't know if that's going to be like Enthusia's Victoria Garden or Victoria Road or not. I still want to see some newer courses. Not that I hate Eiger Nordwand. Just that I'd like to see some other courses from PD. Even if it means tapping into GT4 and completely outdetailing GT4's tracks.

The footage of GTHD action was quite interesting nonetheless. Tell me where that GT-R Proto deal was because all I saw at around 8:04 was an R34 Skyline. If I can't see it, how can I call it? But great find, ALPHA.

When it get's to 8:03 just start hitting the pause and play button so your watching it frame by frame it's only on screen for a split second but as the camera moves away from the monitor with the Skyline on it the car switches to a GT-R Proto.

Screencap from the YouTube video showing the GT-R Proto:

gtrprotoem9.jpg

And for comparison, the real thing:

skyline_gtr_proto_9.jpg

:drool: -> I saw the YouTube vid, and I'm begging if anyone who can translate or install some subtitles on that vid, please!!! :scared: :crazy: :dopey: :dunce:

And for comparison, the real thing:

skyline_gtr_proto_9.jpg

It's NOT the real thing.

It is actually a high-def render made in GT PhotoMode by Polyphony for Nissan for purposes of showing GT-R Concept on last year Tokyo Auto Show.

:)

The visuals in the GT-R pic might be a indication of gt5's visuals. In an interview with Kaz and IGN's car section at the SEMA show, Kaz apologized for gt-hd's graphical apperance and that's interesting to me because we all know Kaz is a perfectionist and since he's developing on better hardware now gt5 might look as realistic as that gtr pic.

Viva la difference @ those wireframe models! :drool:

On a cultural side note, interesting to see how the Japanese seem to have at least one "Good Morning America"-type show of their own, complete with the living room-esque set.

Hmmm the pictures look interesting..... they are filming the roof open a close on a Peugeot 307CC... maybe we will get retractable roofs that you can opperate in game, lets say if the weather changes!

I see on one of the screens what appears to be a pit crew (or a fire crew) person modeled to a high level ......maybe if you crash fire crews come to your accident on the track.

There is also a guy modelled reaching for a petrol hose to release it from the housing (you know at gas stations) to fill petrol..... so maybe you fill petrol yourself, or rather see your driver get out and do it or the crew do it.

Man this is exciting stuff!!!!!!:)

Back