10 second skyline?

• Thread starter BMW740i
  • 54 comments
how can i make my 1074bhp R34 V-spec skyline do 1/4 of a mile in 10 seconds. If you need to know any more info on the car just ask me:confused:

I have gotten down to 9.099 using wide gear ratios - therefore only three gears in the 400m.

I have gotten down to 9.057 with a very long 1st gear and close 2. 3. 4. & 5. gear ratios.

I used automatic shift for these.

I didn't think about widening the gears. I thought about trying to adjust the gears to make them more like a powerglide transmission, but I didn't think to do anything with gears 3-6. I'll have to try that. Right now, my e.t. in an R-34 GT-R V-Spec II with 1057 hp is a 9.615. But I hit all 6 gears in the 400m. I'm gonna try that right now.

widen gear ratios to about 31, becuase turbo cars use wide ratio, then start in second gear trust me on that one. Also dont bounce the rev limiter hold a nice rev at 6 g

Originally posted by trd_celica_jdm
widen gear ratios to about 31, becuase turbo cars use wide ratio, then start in second gear trust me on that one. Also dont bounce the rev limiter hold a nice rev at 6 g
What time have you run with the wide ratio trd_celica_jdm? I've found that it is easier to run consistent good times (under 9.1) with the wide ratio, but the really good times are obtained with a tight ratio. My best time (9.046) did use the 2nd gear start, finishing in 5th. I tend to go with just enough throttle at the start to bounce the tach a little. Depends on your TCS setting I guess.

HT

Well, I launched in 2nd, holding the throttle right under redline, but not at it. No more 9.6. I ran a 9.318! Thanks for the advice! And that's with VCD at 35%, and no adjustment to the gears except for the auto setup!

ive got my r34 was 9.453 at 1046hp
setings:
suspension 19kg front 20kg rear low as posible
gears: use r1 buton to wide then one tap of L1
Starting: red line in 2nd gear

r33 870hp 9.830 same settings as above
r32 852hp 9.870 same settings as above

i think i have done well!! and also it is near im possible to get any car below 8secs ive only done it with a polyphone 01 at 890hp and 8.901

my skyline GTR vspec II R34 runs 7.732 in the quarter mile.

Attachments

• nv09-009.jpg
    nv09-009.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 213
no not a hybrid, deffinitely no naaaaaazzzz. good tuning skills. i should post a video, if i were only so smart. just to let you hear that RB26DETT roaring. oh and by the way, i launch in 4th gear.

are u guys in th us coz itl be different i recent ly got i t down to 8.436 any way and i chuffed with a 8.001 in the ph01

my ruf can do a 9.045

and my mini does a 13 flat

No, you didn't. To any of it.

http://www.racing-line.org/courseselect.php?SelectedGame=GT3&SelectedCourse=41

Times submitted here are from ALL OVER THE WORLD. The times with green ticks next to them have been verified as genuine by Xport replay.

In summary - you are claiming a 4WD record, by a margin of 0.564s over any other car. In a car whose quickest verified time is a further 0.146s back.

You're also claiming that you have an F1 world record by a margin of 0.044s.

You're then claiming that a 178hp Mini is only 0.5s slower than a 492hp Integra Type-R.

You're using a Gameshark-type cheat device. Or you're using an Xport. Either way, your hybrid times suck ass.

Or of course you're lying out of your arse and wasting everyone's time.

Next!

attachment.php

I think the time in 5th place tells you that some kind of cheat device is in use here.

10secs for an Alto Works? I think not.

And all times done in the same day? You have a gameshark/xport/some other cheat device and are playing around with it to see what you can do.

ok first off, i never said i wasnt using gameshark. on the 11th, i spent all day polishing up my times. the alto works, hp multiplier, times 10 or 20 i think. my skyline is only times 2. i said good tuning skills, that dosent mean i cant add an extra thousand horsepower from an unknown source...so yeah i guess maybe i am "spraying". i played with the alto works just to see it done. so yes daan you were right about that
however, even wtih the hp multiplier for the skyline and 2x, the best E.T. was still low eights. with tuning and launch skills, yes i did bring it to a 7.732 respectably. and famine, maybe you proved a point, but maybe im the best tuner in the world;)
ive yet to learn to build hybrid cars, but dont worry, im gonna search first!! lol

Originally posted by kingsentra
no not a hybrid, deffinitely no naaaaaazzzz. good tuning skills.
and a 2x HP multiplier!!

Good tuning skills my arse. Cheating skills more like!

even wtih the hp multiplier for the skyline and 2x, the best E.T. was still low eights. with tuning and launch skills, yes i did bring it to a 7.732
So, get rid of the multiplier and just use a normal full tune Skyline and what time do you get with your superior "tuning" and "launch skills"?

is creating hybrids cheating?
There's nothing wrong with creating hybrids and trying to get fast times with them. There are lots of ways to enjoy GT3. But hybrids should compete against hybrids. When you lead people to believe that you obtained a hybrid car time with a non-hybrid car, that's cheating. "I didn't say it wasn't a hybrid" is not good enough. If you used a hybrid say so. There are plenty of other hybrid tuners to test your skills against. Enjoy.

Indeed, and I am one of them *points at top line of own signature*

HareTurtle = 100% sense.

HareTurtle, let me clarify.
what i meant to say was,
"i NEVER said it was a hybrid" cause it is in fact, not. skyline chassis, RB26DETT engine.

"i NEVER said it was a hybrid" cause it is in fact, not. skyline chassis, RB26DETT engine. [/B]
It is, infact, is. The power multiplier makes it a car that you cannot achieve thru GT3 alone, therefore it is a hybrid. Well, maybe not a hybrid in the truest sense of the word, but it is still "cheating" comparing times with "normal GT3" cars.

To sum up:
Hybrid vs Hybrid = OK
Hybrid vs normal car = cheating

Back