100000 Club

• Thread starter route_66
  • 725 comments
Now that a few people have broken 100000 A-spec points, I was wondering exactly how many people have managed it? Want to join the club? All you need is a shot of your status screen and more 100000 A-spec points.

Here's mine (an old one, but i'm not finished yet!)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1670383&postcount=318

I know of two others who have broken the 100k barrier. Anybody else out there?

100000 Club

Me!
Gentry Coach
ANK
10/07/05 - Slotcarrod
11/07/05 - jdw
27/08/05 - RIGESP
28/08/05 - TigJackson
07/09/05 - Moloch_Horridus
01/10/05 - StevenDunn99
09/12/05 - Fizio
NEW ENTRY! 01/02/06 - Uncle Harry
NEW ENTRY! 09/08/06 - Nige
NEW ENTRY! 13/09/06 - AMG

Up-to-date list of current 100000 Club Members maintained by AMG. in post #222.

^ Clicky link to view list with links to screenshots. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Once I hit 14250 none of my A-Spec points counted??? I'm sure there's a logical reason for this and if I do a search I'd find out but it doesn't overly bother me

^you only win the points once. if you had say 10 points, and won a 1 point race, you'd have 11, but if you cleared that race and won it again, you'd still have 11

edit: but if you entered the race and it was 2 points, you'd then have 12 points. make sense now??:)

chinko
^you only win the points once. if you had say 10 points, and won a 1 point race, you'd have 11, but if you cleared that race and won it again, you'd still have 11

edit: but if you entered the race and it was 2 points, you'd then have 12 points. make sense now??:)

If you won a race for 10 points then you would get 10 points.
If you ran the same race again for 12 points you would only get the extra 2 points.
Clearing the race makes absolutley no difference to points you are awarded it only clears your medal not the points.
I think i made that a bit clearer?

I am not sure if that is compleatly right though???

In my case I have been going over races that I know I have gotten 1 point in the first run. For example I went into the Premium Sports Lounge race (five races) I picked the cote de azur track, The first time around I used the VW Nardo car and received 1 point for that race. The The second time around I got 100 point using the Lotus sprit V8 and won, now those 100 points were awarded towards my total so now I have 101 points for that race.
I think that the max points you can get for a single race is 200, so I can keep doing this race until I reach those 200 total points.
so I tried it again using the same car for another 100 points but this time since I only needed 99 points to reach 200 I only received 99 points not 100.

I hope this makes sence, has anyone else noticed that? Im not saying yu guys are wrong this is just my experience! :dopey:

raz_10
I am not sure if that is compleatly right though???

In my case I have been going over races that I know I have gotten 1 point in the first run. For example I went into the Premium Sports Lounge race (five races) I picked the cote de azur track, The first time around I used the VW Nardo car and received 1 point for that race. The The second time around I got 100 point using the Lotus sprit V8 and won, now those 100 points were awarded towards my total so now I have 101 points for that race.
I think that the max points you can get for a single race is 200, so I can keep doing this race until I reach those 200 total points.
so I tried it again using the same car for another 100 points but this time since I only needed 99 points to reach 200 I only received 99 points not 100.

I hope this makes sence, has anyone else noticed that? Im not saying yu guys are wrong this is just my experience! :dopey:

ANK's desciription is correct, you get the points once, and you only get the highest score you've achieved - up to 200. i.e if you do a race for 100pts then go back and do it for 150 you'll only get (150-100) 50 more points. Similarly if you go back and do it for 200pts then you'll only get another 50 for a total of 200.
The points are not cumulative in any way. You get the best you've got for each race once and once only. Hope that clears it up.

chevguy
so what are the total number of points possible overall?

Theoretically - 113,100
In reality there are several that can't be achieved - at the moment the maximum possible looks to be in the region of 111,500 - 112,000, but I'll let you know when I get there (I'm at 110916 right now).

route_66
ANK's desciription is correct, you get the points once, and you only get the highest score you've achieved - up to 200. i.e if you do a race for 100pts then go back and do it for 150 you'll only get (150-100) 50 more points. Similarly if you go back and do it for 200pts then you'll only get another 50 for a total of 200.
The points are not cumulative in any way. You get the best you've got for each race once and once only. Hope that clears it up.

You are contradicting yourself "they are comulative" if you race a 100 points and then you go back and you do the race for 150 you only get the 50...100+ 50=150 they cumulate to reach 200...
cumulative = Increasing or enlarging by successive addition. :dopey:

ANK
If you won a race for 10 points then you would get 10 points.
If you ran the same race again for 12 points you would only get the extra 2 points.
Clearing the race makes absolutley no difference to points you are awarded it only clears your medal not the points.
I think i made that a bit clearer?

thats what i meant :D

raz_10
You are contradicting yourself "they are comulative" if you race a 100 points and then you go back and you do the race for 150 you only get the 50...100+ 50=150 they cumulate to reach 200...

they are not cumulative, that implies each value is added to the next one i.e you get 100 then redo for 150 and the are added to give 250, which does not happen. They Accumulate to 200, yes, but they are not cumulative. Trust me, I understand mathematical definitions - cumulative = "increasing or enlarging by SUCCESSIVE addition." The A-spec points do not neccessarily increase successively, ergo they accumulate but are not cumulative. Hope that clears any misunderstanding. It is not a particularly easy concept to explain.

raz_10

It's not accumulating by the number of points flashing across your screen.
Therefore, ASpec points (offered) are not cumulative.

They saturate at 200p.

jdw
It's not accumulating by the number of points flashing across your screen.
Therefore, ASpec points (offered) are not cumulative.

They saturate at 200p.

Thank You. We can expect to see you in this Club soon? 👍

Nice, but A-Spec points can be gamed by using the pickup truck for 200 points at a time, right?

How about 100,000 A-Spec miles? That would be an achievement! I don't think there's any easy way to game 100,000 A-Spec miles, right?

route_66
Now that a few people have broken 100000 A-spec points, I was wondering exactly how many people have managed it? Want to join the club? All you need is a shot of your status screen and more 100000 A-spec points.

Here's mine (an old one, but i'm not finished yet!)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1670383&postcount=318

I know of two others who have broken the 100k barrier. Anybody else out there?

100000 Club

Me!
Gentry Coach
ANK

msako
Nice, but A-Spec points can be gamed by using the pickup truck for 200 points at a time, right?

Now why didn't I think of that - all that work to get the F1 and I could have just used the Dodge RAM! GT World Championship, Dodge RAM - of course - I am such a fool!

Why don't you pathetic, ill informed 🤬 go and spam somewhere else.

I only have 26,xxx a-spec points at 68.2%. At the start of the game I never really cared and I've b-spec'ed some races.

I only go for more because I want more of a challenge, but I'm not spending 20 minutes finding a way to get winnable 200 points on some of those races. So I will never be attempting to join that club.

Moloch_horridus
Now why didn't I think of that - all that work to get the F1 and I could have just used the Dodge RAM! GT World Championship, Dodge RAM - of course - I am such a fool!

I'm pretty sure they meant in the beginner's hall. 'cause that's how i got 200 pts. for those races, my truck was fully tuned too. It actually does well, around 700 HP, and goes 210+ MPH w/o NOS, 240+ w/ NOS. It can hold its own against the AI. Also the Chevy SS concept stock can hurt AI controlled Vipers, Zondas, etc... How could you win in the F1 w/ 200 A-spec pts.? Would you use a LM car i.e. Denso Sard Supra or a high powered road car i.e. Cien? It would be real hard because you could only beat them in the straight...right!?

There is a hole in A-Spec points and I was pointing it out. I'm not ill-informed. I tried it myself with the Dodge Ram. You can rack up A-Spec points like crazy. If you don't believe me, try it. There's plenty of threads describing this hole.

Moloch_horridus

I don't think the Ram does very well in many places. The point is, it's there and you can get 200 A-Spec points without much trying or skill. When I saw that, I decided to give up on A-Spec points and concentrate on license golds, A-Spec miles and the missions.

It's very tough to beat the F1s for 200 points. I messed around with this for awhile and it was pretty fruitless. They are just too light and too quick, even though their top speed is less than the LMs. They can go into corners so much faster than anything else because of their braking that it's really tough to make up for it on the straights. Even the super speedway is no pushover.

UnlimitedZero
I'm pretty sure they meant in the beginner's hall. 'cause that's how i got 200 pts. for those races, my truck was fully tuned too. It actually does well, around 700 HP, and goes 210+ MPH w/o NOS, 240+ w/ NOS. It can hold its own against the AI. Also the Chevy SS concept stock can hurt AI controlled Vipers, Zondas, etc... How could you win in the F1 w/ 200 A-spec pts.? Would you use a LM car i.e. Denso Sard Supra or a high powered road car i.e. Cien? It would be real hard because you could only beat them in the straight...right!?

I recently attained 100% and 80 golds getting me 37,000 Aspec pts. I will now have a go at getting 100,000 ASpec points, though it will take time due to low amount of playing time (I'm lucky to get 7 hours a week). Think I'll start with SC Hall, already got 200 in all of the easy races, so maxing SC Hall should put me at about 43,000 and then take it from there.

Steven

UnlimitedZero
How could you win in the F1 w/ 200 A-spec pts.? Would you use a LM car i.e. Denso Sard Supra or a high powered road car i.e. Cien? It would be real hard because you could only beat them in the straight...right!?

Denso Sard Supra is NOT an LM car. Tis a JGTC car (says so in the game).

Aiming for the 100k, but I'm a long way off - about 26k at 45.5%; about to tackle the JGTC C'ship with the sublime Suzuki GSX-R/4. That thing with 172bhp beat a Protomotors Spirra, Aston DB7, Zonda, Cerbera and something else (didn't see it as I flashed past :sly: ). Love it.

It's a royal pain sometimes to get the 200, especially when you can't drive, but its a great feeling to pull it off.

UnlimitedZero

I won the F1 championship using the Audi R8 race car but i am fairly sure that 200 points could be obtained with most of the race cars.
Check out Route 66's 200 point thread i think nearly all of the races are listed now.

Back