• Power: Optional
  • Weight: Optional
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Downforce: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: N1 / N2 / N3
  • Performance Points: 537
  • Tuning: Optional
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

p1130103wrs12mm4.jpg

Race Specifics:

• No wall touches
  • No AI touches
  • tarmac below / (on left side of) solid yellow line not race track
  • G25 Clutch is prohibited
  • If possible, use your GTP_Tag
  • Tip : Have Fun

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • run-off areas are not part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind, these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done, and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Total race time
  • Any of the 5 slower lap times
  • Any information which can be used to infer a total race time

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• Fasted laptime
  • Any settings discussion.

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 12 Submission ) to (Sphinx):

• you can submit only once
  • please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final race time
  • Final race time =lap times of the 6 laps added
  • the deadline is Monday 26 January 11:59pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:

Save your replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after your time has been submitted:

• pa260023zi0.jpg
  • Racers, named by the OLR Admin Team, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck,

GTP_Nuclearfire

Yeah, good combo. I love racing on the Daytona Superspeedway.

Congrats to GTP_Nuclearfire ,

He will be the host for this week.👍

The combo is not so easy as it looks and the choice between different N tires is a nice twist.

Have fun.:)

Good initiative from the mods, and very creative idea from Neil. Well done 👍
I am happy we don't have to do the zigzag version as suggested earlier :ill:
This week is probably about tuning but most of all drafting, so the AI strenght setting might be crucial ... good luck to all and happy racing :)

Last edited:
This is a hard one. Or you have to chose for a high AI-strenght so you you can draft alot (but more chance of hitting someone), or you chose for a low AI-strenght (less chance of bumping, less chance of drafting)
Had some tries, 54.0?? was the best so far.

Without testing it, I presume you'll have to be drafting a lot and run the risk of hitting other cars.

This is interesting - so many variables to suss out.

Just ran a few, and it's difficult to run 6 clean laps, mainly becaause of the AI.

Fastest lap 53.598

Without testing it, I presume you'll have to be drafting a lot and run the risk of hitting other cars.

Yes, this is exactly what makes this a bit irratating.
Thought it's really rewarding to get 6 clean laps together with this level of difficulty.

I've had some great 6 lappers and occasionally the AI tends to ram me ,
when it's passing another car or closing in the distance when I'm braking.

Here's where I start with this event I nicknamed:

Rollercoaster of Death (there are so many ways to FAIL at this event)
Fastest Lap 52.946

Now heading back to week 11 for those last tenths I might find.

It's gonna be interesting though, and fastest lap posts won't give much indication of final race time.
Since I posted my fasted lap on here, I've run two races faster but with slower fastest laps.

Is it allowed to put the AI on R3 tires?

Wouldn't that be more likely to cause AI to hit under braking?

On the other hand it would allow them to be on the throttle earlier giving a longer toe .........mmmmmmm maybe?????

Errr I havn't tried the combo yet though.

Looks like a variety of choices, so coming up with best, will be a trial and error exercise, I guess.

Good luck to all.👍

Interesting round. Personally, the N2s were a nightmare round the bends. You will need to use the AI to draft, which is infuriating.

Board update.

VERY interested to read your AI and tune settings. I so far only got a

55.466 (54.xxx)

but it's clear that by drafting that could be improved significantly.
I now have AI at 27 on N3's, with my car set at lowest weight with max DF. With final gearing at around 4.000 the car sticks in 4th all the time.

Did a 52.8** today but it's sooooooo hard to do 6 clean laps:ouch:
The AI is just rubbish:tdown:

I am going to start giving this ago. Never competed in this before so hoping I can contribute to the competition.

Good Luck Guys.

Strange racing a Skyline against a Ford GT,F430 and the Blitz ER34,all these are faster yet with them in the right order they just string me along,;) hope to get the line upagain next session, some tweaking required to optimise the Skyline, but I am enjoying the racing ,nice 'n' close with slip everywhere!!!

Fastest lap 52.826

Last edited:
Phil your PS3 will probably overheat and break down:sly:

Just started on this now, run my first 6 lapper, fastest lap 52.651, whole race was a mare though, dodging suicidal drivers, hopefully things will get better, aint that a line from a song:)

Edit New Fastest 52.388

Last edited:
Board update.

Come on guys, please share your AI and car setup with us so we can benefit from each other's choices. Thanks ahead 👍

Did a 52.8** today but it's sooooooo hard to do 6 clean laps:ouch:
The AI is just rubbish:tdown:

I cannot see me submitting a time for this, i have a couple of saved replays, only problem is i can knock time off those BUT the AI drivers, my gawd are they on a day release, I'm sure they are all Homer Simpson clones, to get a super fast time you have to be in the mix and they are just numpties who draft you then forget to pull out:crazy:

Think you need to set the AI quite high, you want to be in a race with, the odd Blitz, Vette(tuned and untuned), Spoons etc, your looking for the draft from these guys. What's working for me, obviously better drivers out there with better idea's, don't go ballz out for speed down the straight, think about carrying speed through the corners so as to stay close to the faster cars and utilize their superior speed down the straights

New Fastest lap 52.333

Last edited:
A bit quicker again

Edit;
I'm running aero at 8, and gearing for 203mph, N3's

Last edited:
Back