Power to Weight Ratio Race

pb060051qi3.jpg

Suzuka - East

pc060056.jpg

Stewards Comments:
Congrats to all,I will comment on the race and do the overall results later,
after work.

Here is nice comment which said it all.👍

Congrats to holl01 for the overall win and to Hyper and Stotty for taking the remaining podium spots up top.
Well done to the remaining division podiums and to all that took the time to test all the cars this week.

I find it intriging to see that most of D1 and all of D2 used the BMW while most of D3 used the Concept Coupe and D4 used a variety of cars.
I myself found the Nissan pulled way ahead of the BMW on the straight (3-4 car lenghts) but the cornering of the Nissan could not keep up with the BMW.

As for the actual overall positions this week I think the divisions look quite correct. It's best to see the times mingle between the divisions. What I mean is that the D2 winner's time should be somewhere in the middle of D1 and so on through the divisions. There was not any outstanding times within the divisions so this is what we were use to seeing with the GT4 series.

Cheers,

OLR Team.

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all required replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified. After 7 days, all drivers who fail to provide a requested replay will have their lap disqualified. (Beware, disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS)

Replay Verification Requests:
This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification. All replays are to be posted here.

Instructions on how to upload your replay can be found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3180607&postcount=2

Division 1

1---1'00.674---GTP_D.Holland---BMW 135i Coupe
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'00.919---GTP_Hyperspeed---BMW 135i Coupe
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'00.954---GTP_Stotty---BMW 135i Coupe
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'01.787---GTP_DEVIE---Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
5---1'01.917---GTP_Manuelos---BMW 135i Coupe

Division 2

1---1'00.984---GTP_JvM---BMW 135i Coupe
gflagjn4.gif

2---1’01.163---GTP_MJH--- BMW 135i Coupe
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'01.366---GTP_Denur---BMW 135i Coupe
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'01.463---GTP_Fuzzy---BMW 135i Coupe
5---1'01.536---GTP_EDK---BMW 135i Coupe
6---1'01.548---GTP_zed300---BMW 135i Coupe
7---1'01.717---GTP_LinPark---BMW 135i Coupe
8---1'01.929---GTP_Egghead---BMW 135i Coupe

Division 3

1---1'01.583---GTP_aussienicko---Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'01.835---GTP_Animera---Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'02.101---GTP_Vipond---Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
4---1'02.239---GTP_gtbadboy---BMW 135i Coupe
5---1'02.243---GTP_Strop---Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
6---1'02.336---GTP_Sureshot---Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
7---1'02.526---GTP_01GTP---BMW 135i Coupe

Division 4

1---1'02.198---GTP_Nuclearfire---Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'02.251---GTP_MadMax---Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'02.981---GTP_Speedthrill---Mazda RX-8 Type S *****
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'03.026---GTP_Lagas---Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
5---1'03.353---GTP_Z28---Mazda RX-8 Type S
6---1'06.119---GTP_georgetheracer---Honda Integra Type R
7---1'07.019---GTP_Bigracer---Ford Mustang

**** Not yet official registered.

---1'01.879---GTP_Mav3r1ck---Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
bflagtp3.gif

Overall:

1. 1'00.674 GTP_D.Holland---BMW 135i Coupe
  2. 1'00.919 GTP_Hyperspeed---BMW 135i Coupe
  3. 1'00.954 GTP_Stotty---BMW 135i Coupe
  4. 1'00.984 GTP_JvM---BMW 135i Coupe
  5. 1'01.163 GTP_MJH--- BMW 135i Coupe
  6. 1'01.366 GTP_Denur---BMW 135i Coupe
  7. 1'01.463 GTP_Fuzzy---BMW 135i Coupe
  8. 1'01.536 GTP_EDK---BMW 135i Coupe
  9. 1'01.548 GTP_zed300---BMW 135i Coupe
  10. 1'01.583 GTP_aussienicko---Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
  11. 1'01.717 GTP_LinPark---BMW 135i Coupe
  12. 1'01.787 GTP_DEVIE---Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
  13. 1'01.835 GTP_Animera---Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
  14. 1'01.879 GTP_Mav3r1ck---Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
  15. 1'01.917 GTP_Manuelos---BMW 135i Coupe
  16. 1'01.929 GTP_Egghead---BMW 135i Coupe
  17. 1'02.101 GTP_Vipond---Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
  18. 1'02.198 GTP_Nuclearfire---Nissan Skyline Coupe 370 GT
  19. 1'02.239 GTP_gtbadboy---BMW 135i Coupe
  20. 1'02.243 GTP_Strop---Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
  21. 1'02.251 GTP_MadMax---Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
  22. 1'02.336 GTP_Sureshot---Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
  23. 1'02.526 GTP_01GTP---BMW 135i Coupe
  24. 1'02.981 GTP_Speedthrill---Mazda RX-8 Type S
  25. 1'03.026 GTP_Lagas---Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
  26. 1'03.353 GTP_Z28---Mazda RX-8 Type S
  27. 1'06.119 GTP_georgetheracer---Honda Integra Type R
  28. 1'07.019 GTP_Bigracer---Ford Mustang

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Replay Checking:

1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited:
Overall then the Bimmer was the dominant one, with the Skyline getting in on it every once in a while.:)

Edit: And aussienicko takes out div.3 yet again, he should be promoted or something.;););)

Well done to everyone. It's very interesting to see the different cars that were used.
Here is my replay.

Attachments

• GTP_Animera_WRS_19.zip
    229.8 KB · Views: 13
Congats to all podiums. Great driving by all who cracked the minute one mark.

Interestingly the faster times were in the BMW, and was chosen by more than 50% of drivers. But the drivers of div3-4 did not choose to use this, the Coupe Concept was very popular. It was choice 4 for me, after the RX8 and the Coupe 370 were almost a tie as a second choice.

I'm wondering if the amount of testing required for this one, was the reason for not as many participants. I almost opted out.

Thanks for the comment Paulie. 👍

Congratulations to all the participants and division winners also - great work guys. :cheers:

Here is my replay:

Attachments

• GTP_aussienickoWRS19.zip
    118.7 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for checking Ausnicko. I have checked yours as well.

GTP_Ausnicko
gflagjn4.gif

Oh Dear,
When I sent my submission yesterday, it appears that I sent it to Sjaak, and not Sjaak68

My fault. Another lesson learned. :dunce: :grumpy:

This week I have spend all of my seat time on the online event making me slow as a snail this week :yuck: but that'll be different hopefully now that I made it this far :D
Congratulations to all podiums. I did try the beamer but found it way too tailhappy, even with TCS on ...

Well done to all some good times posted this week with an interesting selection of cars.

My run was also done in the Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept, and Im thrilled to have finally made the podium :)

Replay to be posted tonight !!

Good luck to all in week 20 👍

Congratulations to everyone, and thanks to Sjaak for stepping in with the results. It was a great combo this week. Will try and get my replay up later. See you all in the mini.

Congrats to holl01 for the overall win and to Hyper and Stotty for taking the remaining podium spots up top.
Well done to the remaining division podiums and to all that took the time to test all the cars this week.

I find it intriging to see that most of D1 and all of D2 used the BMW while most of D3 used the Concept Coupe and D4 used a variety of cars.
I myself found the Nissan pulled way ahead of the BMW on the straight (3-4 car lenghts) but the cornering of the Nissan could not keep up with the BMW.

As for the actual overall positions this week I think the divisions look quite correct. It's best to see the times mingle between the divisions. What I mean is that the D2 winner's time should be somewhere in the middle of D1 and so on through the divisions. There was not any outstanding times within the divisions so this is what we were use to seeing with the GT4 series.

I found this combo much harder than driving the F1/F2007 around Daytona.

Congratulations to all podiums.:cheers:

Interesting choice of cars and I, like 01GTP, found the BMW quicker through the corners where the rest of DivIII went with the Skyline. I guess that's why they make them different eh? In any event I enjoyed the combo and hats off to Sjaak for another great effort. :bowdown::cheers:

Well done to both Dans, Chris and Jukka for breaking into the 1'00 times. Incredible times and a very very interesting WRS choice for week 19.

The improvements some people are showing is fantastic, really impressive and a tribute to the WRS overall 👍

All the best
Maz

Great race guys. Amazing times, thumbs up for that, wow...

I only tested out 4 cars and the Mazda came out best for me. But I'm ready this week :).

Congrats to the winners and tx to sjaak.

Greets and see you on the track.

Yeehaa, looks like my lap held up pretty well, happy to finish 2nd overall. Will get my replay up tomorrow as my mate still has my memory stick. Congrats to all podiums. :cheers:

Amazing performance again Holl01. I guess just for you we should consider weight or tyre penalties. :dopey:

Another great performance by JvM and Matt in div 2. Your last corner wasn't that bad after all JvM. :scared:

Well done AUSnicko9 with your clear divisional win. 👍

It is fun to see how it all got down to three cars. I choose the BMW and that is great car to drive. With the other two cars I got into 1'01.9xx, but the BMW was eventually the way to go for me. Here's my overly checked replay.

Now where did I park that Mini?

Attachments

• GTP_Denur WRS19 pal.rar
    108 KB · Views: 8
I didn't test all the cars but those two seemed to be the standouts. Thanks for fixing my time Sjaak, I'm not the quickest guy around here but 1:22.243 would be be a pretty poor showing indeed :D

Congrats to all the winners, the racing seems to be much closer than GT-4 but it still takes a lot of skill and effort to get to the top of those divisions.

Racers,never thought that testing all cars and on N3!!!!! will get in so much and fast results.
I am glad several cars have been used although the BMW seemed to be the darkhorse.
Also from my own testing I was thinking the RX-8 would be used more,got that wrong.

The comment 01GTP made about this week said it all and I will copy it in the first post as steward comment.👍

Oh Dear,
When I sent my submission yesterday, it appears that I sent it to Sjaak, and not Sjaak68

My fault. Another lesson learned. :dunce: :grumpy:

I really hate these kind of situations when I got home,....what to do,what to do.

I know you worked hard for your time and it would be a winner:tup:, that's why I don't understand that you not handled more carefully your submission.
My PM link was in the first post of the thread.

I have to deny submissions that are in to late,my responsibility is in getting the results up,yours to send the right time on time.
So I am sorry to say,I can't accept the time.

What ever I decide, I always disappoint people so I hope my decision will be understood.

Aside from the two drivers who didn't pm witch car they used im the only one who used the 370GT witch for me was fastest from the start after i tried all the cars, the BMW was a close second then the Mazda RX-8 and then the Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept, the rest i didn't try a second time. the quickest i got the BMW was 1'02.686 but at the same time i had the 370GT at around 1'02.48x so at that point i focused on the Skyline

Congrats to all the winners

Here is my replay:

Attachments

• GTP Nuclearfire WRS week 19.zip
    116.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I really hate these kind of situations when I got home,....what to do,what to do.
I know you worked hard for your time and it would be a winner:tup:, that's why I don't understand that you not handled more carefully your submission.
I have to deny submissions that are in to late,my responsibility is in getting the results up,yours to send the right time on time.
What ever I decide, I always disappoint people so I hope my decision will be understood.
I'd like to think that I speak on behalf of the majority of the WRS community when I say that you handle situations like these in an honest, consequent and wise manner :bowdown:

I've checked Denur's replay:

1'01.366---GTP_Denur---BMW 135i Coupe - correct specs clean and green

I also tried to watch Nuclearfire's replay , but forgot that he has NTSC version :D
(I really wanted to see it :ouch:)

anyways, here is my replay..

Attachments

• GTP_MadMax86 WRS Week 19.zip
    113.8 KB · Views: 10

I have no problem with your decision Sjaak - I know I put you in a difficult position.
I didn't realise my mistake until this morning. Next time I will check 100%, and try to take my first Div 3 win.

Last edited:
It was between two cars for me this week, BMW and the Coupe Concept. Up until about the end of my tether I wasn't getting past a 1'02.7xx with the BMW, took some more caution with the Skyline and got a 1'02.3xx, there was more there for my capabilities and the pad, which was useless for this combo, but nailing it was so difficult. Over easter (about 3 weeks) I will do same laps of this in the DFGT to see if I can beat 1'02 barrier, would be good practice for the DFGT too.

OMG The embarrassment :dunce:

Lads - I have committed the ultimate in noobism and am going to have to withdraw my time :ill::dunce:

I've made the extremely stupid mistake of typing in splits and lap times on the laptop, and then exiting the game without saving the damn replay. I only realized I'd done it this evening when I went to upload the replay and found it wasn't there :ill:

My apologies to all - stupid mistake to make and I promise it won't happen again.

Great race indeed, congratulations to all the podiums, the sleek BMW is in a class of its own:tup:

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    115.4 KB · Views: 12
Congrats to all of the winners and podiums this week. 👍

The 4 who managed to break the 1 minute barrier, simply fantastic. :crazy:

I've taken the liberty of adding an overall ranking to the first post, on Sjaak's behalf. ;)

And I've also attached my replay, just for fun. I ran it in NTSC format this week, as I noticed we've been running short these days on replays for those guys to watch. :sly:

Attachments

• BCUS98158-RPLY2-B-1BF18ED2018.zip
    116.7 KB · Views: 12
Back