• Drive Train: FF

49o.jpg

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 123 BHP
  • Weight: 1060 KG
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: S2 / S2
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

Race Specifics:

• All is track,just do not hit any walls.
  • Your run must be done while being OFF LINE
  • The use of the clutch is prohibited

49iux.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind, these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 49 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
    (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_Sjaak
  • you can submit only once
  • please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
  • the deadline is Monday 12 october 11:59pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

80797256.jpg

Good luck,
OLR Admin Team
gtplanetflagtbgic1.gif

London Reverse *sigh*, Suzuki Swift a nice change though.:)

:lol: Nice one...it's been a while since I've been to London. Should be especially interesting in the Swift...a car I've never driven before :dopey:

My splits (apparently very slow, who would have guessed).

T1- 28.492 28.360
T2- 46.349 46.148

I looked at first place online and my lines and general ideas aren't that different, so why am I so much slower?:banghead:

First splits for this week.

T1: 28.214
T2: 45.841

:eek:

Last edited:
Great combo, can't wait to do this one, will make a nice change from this weeks!

Hmm, Mrs Cohiba is taking the kids to visit a friend for a few days. I wonder what I will be doing...

I'm in once I give last week a few more runs - I cut my teeth on London Reverse many WRS's ago when we did the GT-R on S2's - man was that hard.

Also, I was just wondering why the RA Function is allowed but the clutch is not - both would seem to give an unfair advantage to certain people yet one is allowed in WRS and one is not - can someone point me to a thread where this was previously discussed so I can read up? 👍

Cheers!

Hmm, Mrs Cohiba is taking the kids to visit a friend for a few days. I wonder what I will be doing...

Can Mrs Cohiba maybe call Mrs Spyrrari to talk her into doing the same thing??...would love to have a few days off for once aswell....:mischievous:....lol.

Looks like a funny combo this one,will give a try WHEN I FINALLY HAVE SOME TIME OFF....:scared:

spyrrari.(who is happy to be a family man...but sometimes...:ouch:)

I'm in once I give last week a few more runs - I cut my teeth on London Reverse many WRS's ago when we did the GT-R on S2's - man was that hard.

Also, I was just wondering why the RA Function is allowed but the clutch is not - both would seem to give an unfair advantage to certain people yet one is allowed in WRS and one is not - can someone point me to a thread where this was previously discussed so I can read up? 👍

Cheers!

I heard for the first time about these button functions with the GT academy.

During not tuning (fixed)online races with the GTR,Corvette and the Ferrari it gave an unfair advantage to the GTR due to a better power distribution.

I believe after Spec III you couldn't adjust the brake bias and the power distribution anymore.

The ASM,TCS are still in play to adjust during driving but with our races it is no problem to go to the option menu and adjust it overthere.

Lin,If there is an unfair advantage ,can you point out what that is so we can take actions.

I was under the impression that the clutch is banned because only G25 and Fanatec users can make use of that function to make faster shifts. However any controller, even sixaxis, can be mapped to allow the use of the in-race RA functions menu. I certainly was able to when I used the controller.

All the best
Maz

I was under the impression that the clutch is banned because only G25 and Fanatec users can make use of that function to make faster shifts. However any controller, even sixaxis, can be mapped to allow the use of the in-race RA functions menu. I certainly was able to when I used the controller.

All the best
Maz

Ah, I wasn't aware that anyone could use the RA function - I thought it was limited to the newer DFGT wheel. I'll check it out further - thanks for the clarification gents!

Not done a london wrs before, whats the deal with the corners? the top online times cut all of them going over the pavement, am I right in thinking we can't do this? Might answer your question as to why you are slower Paulie.

I can confirm the DFP has RA functions.
It was easy to map out and remember.
With the G25 you probably need to use the shifter buttons.
Not too convenient.

Andy, all is track, just don't hit walls.
Take the inside's and you'll be OK.

Decided to dust off the old GT5P and give this combo a try.

10 laps in:

T1: 29,049
T2: 47,194

Hmmm, does it show that I haven't raced for about 5 months :P

Thanks 01GTP, first very slow splits then

T1 - 29.116
T2 - 47.052

Not done a london wrs before, whats the deal with the corners? the top online times cut all of them going over the pavement, am I right in thinking we can't do this? Might answer your question as to why you are slower Paulie.

Nope, all is track this week, just don't hit walls.......and I was aware of this. I just suck at London apparently, even after watching faster replays I can't match the pace.:(

Small improvement

T1. 28.474 28.300
T2. 46.144 45.937

You had better not be in D3 still this week. I would love to know how people are going 2 tenths faster than I at T2 when there's only one corner in the second sector and it requires very little slowing down.:grumpy:

You had better not be in D3 still this week. I would love to know how people are going 2 tenths faster than I at T2 when there's only one corner in the second sector and it requires very little slowing down.:grumpy:

And if you dont nail that 1 corner perfectly you can forget about getting a sub 46 T2. I noticed even a 1 or 2 kmph difference around that corner makes a difference down to the end of T2. Its frustrating but when you get it right you will know 👍

And if you dont nail that 1 corner perfectly you can forget about getting a sub 46 T2. I noticed even a 1 or 2 kmph difference around that corner makes a difference down to the end of T2. Its frustrating but when you get it right you will know 👍

I'll do some more study on it then. I've nailed it pretty well for the way I'm taking it now, so perhaps there is a different way. I'll have to have another look at the top replays.

Hey Paulie, if all else fails, just take a look at my splits and you'll instantly feel better about yours :D

Download the replays off the leaderboard and watch them, that's what I do. I then spend the next hour or so thinking 'how the hell did he go so fast through there!?!?!?' :D

Hey Paulie, if all else fails, just take a look at my splits and you'll instantly feel better about yours :D

Hey, wadda ya know, I'm feeling better already!:dopey:..............Oh no there's Ian's splits again.:(

:lol:

Download the replays off the leaderboard and watch them, that's what I do. I then spend the next hour or so thinking 'how the hell did he go so fast through there!?!?!?' :D

I watched his lap once, I didn't think there was much different, I'll definitely need to take another look. Damn London Reverse.:crazy: I really hope I'm abnormally faster than normal for me at Grand Valley Speedway when GT5 hits, I loved that track. Did all my testing and tuning there in GT4.

Grand Valley speedway :scared:

I remember having all sorts of problems with that track :lol:

Back