Hotlap Event in Free Run

wrs48a.jpg

BMW M3 Coupe

pb160048aabi2.jpg

Fuji Speedway F

wrsv.jpg

Steward's Comments:

Thanks to everyone for conforming to the submission format this week. 👍

Congrats to TA for his first overall win, in a very tight D1 battle.
Special mention to GTP_CrazyTortise and GTP_grevling for overachieving for D3.

Cheers,

OLR Team.

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all required replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified. After 7 days, all drivers who fail to provide a requested replay will have their lap disqualified. (Beware, disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS)

Replay Verification Requests:
This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification. All replays are to be posted here.

Instructions on how to upload your replay can be found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3180607&postcount=2

Division 1:

1---1'47.504---GTP_timeattack
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'47.595---GTP_spyrrari1
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'47.730---GTP_Synwraith
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'47.743---GTP_Animera
5---1'47.923---GTP_aussienicko

Division 2:

1---1'47.817---GTP_MJH
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'48.017---GTP_Paulie
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'48.178---GTP_theewar
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'48.597---GTP_Cohiba100
5---1'48.635---GTP_LinPark
6---1'48.699---GTP_zed300

Division 3:

1---1'48.521---GTP_CRAZYTORTISE
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'48.621---GTP_grevling
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'49.029---GTP_Crispy74
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'49.033---GTP_Sureshot
5---1'49.056---GTP_Mav3r1cK
6---1'49.953---GTP_demond
7---1'50.050---GTP_Nuclearfire

Division 4:

1---1'50.376---GTP_DGiant2000
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'51.441---GTP_Andy2125
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'52.802---GTP_Steven
gflagjn4.gif

wrs48h.jpg

Overall Results:

1---1'47.504---GTP_timeattack
2---1'47.595---GTP_spyrrari1
3---1'47.730---GTP_Synwraith
4---1'47.743---GTP_Animera
5---1'47.817---GTP_MJH
6---1'47.923---GTP_aussienicko
7---1'48.017---GTP_Paulie
8---1'48.178---GTP_theewar
9---1'48.521---GTP_CRAZYTORTISE
10--1'48.597---GTP_Cohiba100
11--1'48.621---GTP_grevling
12--1'48.635---GTP_LinPark
13--1'48.699---GTP_zed300
14--1'49.029---GTP_Crispy74
15--1'49.033---GTP_Sureshot
16--1'49.056---GTP_Mav3r1cK
17--1'49.953---GTP_demond
18--1'50.050---GTP_Nuclearfire
19--1'50.376---GTP_DGiant2000
20--1'51.441---GTP_Andy2125
21--1'52.802---GTP_Steven

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Replay Checking:

1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised to have gotten the overall win despite my frustrations throughout the week :lol: :)

Congrats to the podium finishers (Spy and Maz), as well as the overachievers in D2 (MJH) and D3 (CT and Grevling) :sly: Keep up the great work guys! :cheers:

Not sure if I'll have time for WRS 49, as I'm starting a new job this week :( If I can't find time, hope to see you guys soon for the coming WRS events 👍

Here's my replay for WRS 48. Main bobbles being T1/T4/and the last turn...slight but they still add up to about two tenths in the end :crazy:

Attachments

• GTP_timeattack WRS 48.zip
    125.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Congratulations to all podiums. Mindboggling times. It is quite beyond me how Paulie, to name just one, can go almost half a second(!) quicker than my best in the last sector. I thought I did a good T3 but it's apparent that there's a difference between passable and excellent when it comes to skill level.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm thrilled with that. About 0.2 off Timeattack and Spyrrari at Fuji, I never thought I'd see the day!

Congratulations to Brock and Spy for incredible laptimes and such fast runs through T3. Well done to Matt, CT and Ole for shining so brightly in their divisions and in the ones above and well done to Andy for winning his Division by over a second!

As easy as it sounded, M3 at Fuji, I found this combo mighty frustrating. Hardest corner for me was turn 2 this time and not sector 3. On the very last day I discovered shifting down to 3rd sometimes allowed me to carry more speed through turn 2 but by that time I'd grown far too frustrated with it to pursue it for long.

Congratulations also to Paulie and Warren for being on the cusp of the 1'47s, no doubt you'll both follow Matt into D1 :cheers:

Replay this evening from me.

All the best
Maz

Woohoo!:dopey: I'm actually quite hapy with 2nd place given how close the times were.:D I knew I'd nailed T3, thank goodness it was actually nailed rather than me simply thinking it was good then getting hammered by everyone.:scared: Congratulations to all other top finishers, the right inputs on the throttle were required this week, I found the car quite fun.:) Replay to follow.👍

Congratulations to all the podium finishers. Alien times at the top again. Looks like Maz is fitting into D1 life with another podium. Thumbs up for CT and Grevling for getting well into the D2 times.

I'll post my replay tonight.

Matt.

Four 🤬 thousandths? :lol:

Oh well, I enjoyed this combo, hope to get some time in the Swift as well. Even with my best T2, and what felt like a very good T3 (looks like it from comparing Luxy to the posted times), I'd have had about a 48.7. Well done to Grevling and Tortise.

Congrats to all other winners as well.

Congratulations to all the podium finishers :cheers:

Heres my replay

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    124.9 KB · Views: 16
Surprised to have gotten the overall win despite my frustrations throughout the week :lol: :)

Congrats to the podium finishers (Spy and Maz), as well as the overachievers in D2 (MJH) and D3 (CT and Grevling) :sly: Keep up the great work guys! :cheers:

Not sure if I'll have time for WRS 49, as I'm starting a new job this week :( If I can't find time, hope to see you guys soon for the coming WRS events 👍

Here's my replay for WRS 48. Main bobbles being T1/T3/and the last turn...slight but they still add up to about two tenths in the end :crazy:

You must have nailed T3 mate,well done...👍👍

Am happy to get second place after not having the time to do many laps on this combo....i allready knew my T3 wouldn't be good enough to win(especially 2nd to last corner i had too much understeer and couldn't get on the throttle fast enough),but am happy it whas good enough for second place...:)

:tup:Congrats to all podium finishers...top job everybody:tup:

will post my replay today,

spyrrari.

Here's my replay. I'm absolutely sure turn 2 is clean.

Attachments

• WRS48.zip
    128.1 KB · Views: 12
Congrats to everyone and the guys on the podium :cheers: Really enjoyed this WRS.
Replay to be posted sometime today

Congratulations to everyone. Good job. I would have liked to have run this one as well, but I had not enough time to put in a decent lap. Maybe next week ;)

What program are you guys using to extract the Zip file once you've downloaded the replay? I've tried Winzip but it says it cannot open the file because it does not appear to be a valid archive, or some BS. I've tried two other extractors but for some reason they don't seem to extract the zip into the desired output source. Any help would be appreciated :) And god I hate computers sometimes...they always turn the simplest thing into a headache :yuck: :lol:

I use WinRAR - you have to right click the zip file and then do Extract Here - that often creates a new file that you have to right click and then do Extract Here again - the second one usually creates a PS3 / SAVEDATA / REPLAY* folder that can be worked with. Good Luck!

I use WinRAR - you have to right click the zip file and then do Extract Here - that often creates a new file that you have to right click and then do Extract Here again - the second one usually creates a PS3 / SAVEDATA / REPLAY* folder that can be worked with. Good Luck!

Thanks for the help :) ...I'm still having problems trying to extract the second file though :rolleyes: I downloaded WinRAR and tried to do as you told me. I had no problem taking the original zip file and doing the "extract here" process as you said. This created another PS3 file, but I am unable to extract this file again or do anything with it to retrieve the PS3/ SAVEDATA / REPLAY...I guess since the program doesn't recognize the type of file for some reason :ouch: Unbelievable...any more tips? I also tried to "extract all files" and all this did was create a base folder with the title "PS3~", but all it had was the file that I spoke of earlier, which I am unable to do anything with.

Ah, I left out a step - once you get that second file, rename it to have a .rar extension. Then right click it and do Extract Here.

Congrats to all winners:tup:
Thanks for the nice words guys:D
Her is my replay:

Attachments

• WRS 48.zip
    124.6 KB · Views: 13
Ah, I left out a step - once you get that second file, rename it to have a .rar extension. Then right click it and do Extract Here.

Ah, there we go :sly: Thanks again for the help :cheers:

Last edited:
Congrats to all the winners, i tried Paulie's tune and my own and could not get any better they both gave me about the same lap time

Yea :lol: There are enough god damn tricks just to get the replay downloaded properly to PS3, between using the right extracting program, extracting the same folder twice and then renaming the second one with the ".rar" extension. It's just more difficult and confusing than it should be...but what's new with computers :rolleyes: :lol:

GTP_Spyrrari - Clean 👍
GTP_theewar - Clean 👍
GTP_Grevling - Clean 👍

Will try and check a few more when I have time...

Replay attached 👍

All the best
Maz

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    239.3 KB · Views: 13
Ah, there we go :sly: Thanks again for the help :cheers:

Just an fyi, you can also download a free zip utility tool called 7-Zip so you don't have to use the trial versions or torrent illegally. It works with every zip utility that I have come across, plus extracts ISO's too.

:)

Jerome

Back