50e.jpg

viper.gif
Dodge Viper GTS '02
viper.gif

pa260028ic1yb0.jpg

Eiger Nordwand Reverse

50u.jpg

Steward's Comments:

First off, thanks to Sjaak for doing such a fantastic job these past few months. 👍

Special mention today to GTP_CWR for a stunning time for D2 and 3rd place overall.
Special mention again to GTP_DHolland for being alone in the 1'10s.

Cheers,

OLR Team.

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all required replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified. After 7 days, all drivers who fail to provide a requested replay will have their lap disqualified. (Beware, disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS)

Replay Verification Requests:
This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification. All replays are to be posted here.

Instructions on how to upload your replay can be found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3180607&postcount=2

Division 1:

1---1'10.790---GTP_DHolland
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'11.281---GTP_spyrrari1
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'11.610---GTP_Stotty
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'11.738---GTP_lapierre4
5---1'12.056---GTP_Manuelos
6---1'13.890---GTP_Joylord

Division 2:

1---1'11.401---GTP_CWR
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'11.895---GTP_DukeOfPendle
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'11.941---GTP_CRAZYTORTISE
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'11.945---GTP_LinPark
5---1'12.230---GTP_Vaxen
6---1'12.258---GTP_EDK
7---1'12.261---GTP_Cohiba100
8---1'12.522---GTP_zed300

Division 3:

1---1'12.424---GTP_grevling
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'12.448---GTP_Nuclearfire
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'12.584---GTP_01GTP
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'12.759---GTP_Crispy74
5---1'12.780---GTP_NicoTexas
6---1'12.809---GTP_Vipond
7---1'12.910---GTP_monoha
8---1'13.038---GTP_MadMax86
9---1'13.322---GTP_Balang_479
10--1'13.946---GTP_OnlyMe
11--1'14.102---GTP_Joost

Division 4:

1---1'13.593---GTP_DGiant2000
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'14.161---GTP_Andy2125
gflagjn4.gif

50o.jpg

Overall Results:

1---1'10.790---GTP_DHolland
2---1'11.281---GTP_spyrrari1
3---1'11.401---GTP_CWR
4---1'11.610---GTP_Stotty
5---1'11.738---GTP_lapierre4
6---1'11.895---GTP_DukeOfPendle
7---1'11.941---GTP_CRAZYTORTISE
8---1'11.945---GTP_LinPark
9---1'12.056---GTP_Manuelos
10--1'12.230---GTP_Vaxen
11--1'12.258---GTP_EDK
12--1'12.261---GTP_Cohiba100
13--1'12.424---GTP_grevling
14--1'12.448---GTP_Nuclearfire
15--1'12.522---GTP_zed300
16--1'12.584---GTP_01GTP
17--1'12.759---GTP_Crispy74
18--1'12.780---GTP_NicoTexas
19--1'12.809---GTP_Vipond
20--1'12.910---GTP_monoha
21--1'13.038---GTP_MadMax86
22--1'13.322---GTP_Balang_479
23--1'13.593---GTP_DGiant2000
24--1'13.890---GTP_Joylord
25--1'13.946---GTP_OnlyMe
26--1'14.102---GTP_Joost
27--1'14.161---GTP_Andy2125

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Replay Checking:

1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited:
Congrats to all winners and podiums.
GTP_CWR Great performance to mix it with the D1's
GTP_DHolland Almost 0.5 clear of the field. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Where are others like timeattack01 and aussienicko?

By the way really good job for the guys on the podium, great lap:sly:

Congrats to the podiums - smokin' lap by Dan and again Chad puts up a time good enough to podium in Div 1 (hint friggin HINT!!!!) - guess my final sector wasn't as bad as I thought and wouldn't you know crazytortise beats me out by .004 for the podium. :ouch:

Congrats to all the winners, here is my replay:

Attachments

• GTP Nuclearfire WRS week 50.zip
    125.2 KB · Views: 12
Congrats to all the top times. 👍

Some close battles throughout D2 and D3 in particular this week.

See you at Suz. 👍

(...) - guess my final sector wasn't as bad as I thought and wouldn't you know crazytortise beats me out by .004 for the podium. :ouch:

Indeed. If I calculated correctly you have the quickest T3 in Div 2. Provided your submitted time is the one from the boards.

LinPark: 41.697
CWR: 41.727
DoP: 41.887
Tortise: 41.931
EDK: 42.160
Me: 42.182
Vaxen: 42.238

I know that Zed submitted another lap.

Congrats to all podiums. I honestly though my time would be good enough for fourth or fifth but _my_ final sector apparently wasn't as good as I thought. 👍

Well done to Dan Holland for winning from a fellow D1 gold driver by such a margin, nearly 0.9 separating the D1 podium, insane!

Excellent work by Chad and Phil also for such excellent times in amongst the D1 runners.

All the best
Maz

Well done to the top runners. I would of like to have spent more time on this event as it didn’t involve tuning, if I spent half an hour on this event it was a lot. But no excuses I will try harder next time.

Thanks for the nice event though.

Congratulations to Dan for really pushing the barrier this week. Nice lap Dan (don't forget your zip file though). :)
Great times this week from the division winners and podiums as well.
I didn't think I was getting a podium this week.
Had I known the final times I could have stopped after my first session (.611) and still got the same final position.
It was a fun combo so no loss there.
Well done to all that competed.

Here is my replay, she ain't the prettiest but she is clean.
I drop a wheel after the left bend and mis-shift to 3rd on the first left hander up the hill. :ill:

Attachments

• 01GTP Week 50.zip
    114.3 KB · Views: 12
Great lap Dan,now i see what i did wrong in the final corner,not that i could have matched your time but i should have been at least 2 tents quicker ....ah well,it's never too late to learn something new i guess...👍👍👍

Congrats to all podium racers!!

spyrrari.

Im sure each week you give another name that "should" be promoted.

No, I've pretty much been focused on getting CWR and crazytortise promoted for the last 3 weeks, but I'm sure I'll turn to Duke and Paulie once the others move up. :sly:

Man, I almost had a heartattack when I watched Dan's replay - I was watching the entry and apex speeds and just about died until I realized they were NOT in mph. :lol:

No, I've pretty much been focused on getting CWR and crazytortise promoted for the last 3 weeks, but I'm sure I'll turn to Duke and Paulie once the others move up. :sly:

But we like being in your division :D You cant kick us out now.

Isn't that something? Great combo, I always love coming Eiger. This week was my first time driving Eiger R in competition. I think with this car Eiger F would have been more challeneging.

As for Linpark, I have my strengths and weaknesses. While this week was my strengths that came out, I think you will find I will not do so well in next weeks. A driver in DIV 1 is really a driver who can all around do well in every situation. I think if I Podium for the next two weeks, that might qualify me to be up to D1 Bronzes, but lets not get our patties in a twist. This weeks run is much more challenging for me than last week. There are plenty of challenging events where you can excell.

Dan, you are extremly inspiring mate. What a great lap. It seems you no trouble ever going fast. I took your advice and took away the racing line and the ghost. Thanks.

Great job to everyone. See you next week.

Chad

As for Linpark, I have my strengths and weaknesses. While this week was my strengths that came out, I think you will find I will not do so well in next weeks. A driver in DIV 1 is really a driver who can all around do well in every situation. I think if I Podium for the next two weeks, that might qualify me to be up to D1 Bronzes, but lets not get our patties in a twist. This weeks run is much more challenging for me than last week. There are plenty of challenging events where you can excell.

Well said, Chad. You saved me from having to write the same thing myself. ;)

I'll just add that class to class promotions can be made on a performance like this. (A very good performance, by the way 👍) But division to division promotions (especially a move to D1) have to be earned with more consistency over time. Some have moved up more quickly than others, but we always want to be sure the driver really belongs in that next division before moving them up.

Isn't that something? Great combo, I always love coming Eiger. This week was my first time driving Eiger R in competition. I think with this car Eiger F would have been more challeneging.

Dan, you are extremly inspiring mate. What a great lap. It seems you no trouble ever going fast. I took your advice and took away the racing line and the ghost. Thanks.

Great job to everyone. See you next week.

Chad

Well said Chad 👍 I feel the same way. I know if I had to get put in D1 now i would fail miserably. Its not where i belong right now. I'm quite happy to sit in D2 for now and prove myself first before i go any higher up.

Only submitted as a bit of a laugh as I expected no higher than 5th or 6th in D1.. but ended up with 3rd as so many didn't submit.

Great times from Dan (as usual!) and Chad 👍

Replay to follow.

This combo was just too dificult for me. I'll need allot more practice with the wheel for this hardcore stuff :). I was thinking not to submit my time, but I think its more sporty do do so even if you have a bad time.

I'm still on the podium in Div 4, so here's my replay :).

Attachments

• w50_Andy2125.zip
    117.5 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for everyones support. It was a hell of a lap, and now that I think about it, I could probably have done better, after seeing how Dan ran his lines threw T3.

Thanks

Chad

Attachments

• WRSWEEK50GTP_CWR.zip
    126.4 KB · Views: 9

EDK
Well said, Chad. You saved me from having to write the same thing myself. ;)

I'll just add that class to class promotions can be made on a performance like this. (A very good performance, by the way 👍) But division to division promotions (especially a move to D1) have to be earned with more consistency over time. Some have moved up more quickly than others, but we always want to be sure the driver really belongs in that next division before moving them up.

Well said Chad 👍 I feel the same way. I know if I had to get put in D1 now i would fail miserably. Its not where i belong right now. I'm quite happy to sit in D2 for now and prove myself first before i go any higher up.

Very well then - its up to the OLR team but I do want to say this. If a driver continues to beat everyone in Div 2 and at the same time put up times which would put them in the lower part of the D1 ranks they should be promoted to Div 1 in my opinion. If you define "failing miserably" as not taking a podium in Div 1, then I really have to disagree that you should stay in Div 2 until you are ready to start taking podiums in Div 1 - that's not the purpose of having Gold/Silver/Bronze within each Div.

Either way, I'm done making recommendations and dropping hints. Good luck to everyone in week 51. 👍

nuclearfire
gflagjn4.gif

Chadwicksracing
gflagjn4.gif

Both in the red w/ white stripes car, I used the same one.

Back