aapb210044py0.jpg

Superspeedway - Daytona

IMG_1440.jpg

Steward's Comments:

Congrats to the winners.

Cheers,

OLR Team.

Important notices:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all required replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified. After 7 days, all drivers who fail to provide a requested replay will have their lap disqualified. (Beware, disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS)
Drivers who do not have a submitted lap posted in the results are not to post any information related to a laptime they might have achieved in the results thread. Any such posts will have the times removed.

Replay Verification Requests:
This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification. All replays are to be posted here.

Instructions on how to upload your replay can be found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3180607&postcount=2

Division 1:

1---1'58.305---GTP_DHolland
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'58.828---GTP_Animera
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'59.303---GTP_jh001
gflagjn4.gif

4---2'01.495---GTP_Ren831

Division 2:

1---1'58.825---GTP_DOUQA
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'59.358---GTP_LinPark
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'59.501---GTP_olebob
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'59.542---GTP_zed300
5---1'59.947---GTP_Crispy74
6---2'00.383---GTP_Kakumaki
7---2'00.489---GTP_EDK

Division 3:

1---1'59.444---GTP_Sureshot
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'59.686---GTP_Eriba
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'59.900---GTP_MadMax86
gflagjn4.gif

4---2'00.284---GTP_Nuclearfire
5---2'00.480---GTP_01GTP
6---2'01.913---GTP_tc76 provisional

Division 4:

1---2'01.481---GTP_iCyCo
gflagjn4.gif

2---2'02.069---GTP_Voltaic
gflagjn4.gif

3---2'02.353---GTP_Gigster
4---2'03.839---GTP_Silvadeus

---2'01.216---GTP_Mignun
bflagtp3.gif

IMG_1421.jpg

Overall Results:

1---1'58.305---GTP_DHolland
2---1'58.825---GTP_DOUQA
3---1'58.828---GTP_Animera
4---1'59.303---GTP_jh001
5---1'59.358---GTP_LinPark
6---1'59.444---GTP_Sureshot
7---1'59.501---GTP_olebob
8---1'59.542---GTP_zed300
9---1'59.686---GTP_Eriba
10--1'59.900---GTP_MadMax86
11--1'59.947---GTP_Crispy74
12--2'00.284---GTP_Nuclearfire
13--2'00.383---GTP_Kakumaki
14--2'00.480---GTP_01GTP
15--2'00.489---GTP_EDK
16--2'01.216---GTP_Mignun
17--2'01.481---GTP_iCyCo
18--2'01.495---GTP_Ren831
19--2'01.913---GTP_tc76 provisional
20--2'02.069---GTP_Voltaic
21--2'02.353---GTP_Gigster
22--2'03.839---GTP_Silvadeus

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Replay Checking:

1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to all who had a go of this slippery beast.
Congrats to those on the dias.
Nice effort those who broke into the 58's. :bowdown:
Dan could you put yours up on youtube. :D

Disappointed I didn't crack the minute mark on the first lap along with a fast 2nd lap.

Congrats Dan, really quick this week.
Great time by GTP_DOUQA for an overall 2nd.
Well done to all the division winners and podiums this week.
Times this week were not so close between competitors.

Thanks to EDK and Vaxen for the combo's and results every week. :cheers:

Simply amazing those of you in the 1'58s!!!! I can't wait to see those replays to find our where I was losing time - congrats to Dan, all the podiums, and everyone who participated this week. Now its off to catch Ren in London. :lol:

Here is my PAL BD replay:

Attachments

• GTP_LinPark_WRS67.zip
    109.5 KB · Views: 15
Here is my ghost replay.

If someone can tell me how to load a replay on my PS3 I'll be glad to check one. Last time I tried GT5p would not see it, I could not replay it.

Congratulations to all the podiums.

Attachments

• BCUS98158-RPLY2-F008.zip
    112.5 KB · Views: 12
^^^^
Thanks Dan, your control through the busstop is what makes the difference.

Congratulations to the divisional winners DHolland, DOUQA, Sureshot and Mignun.
Well done to all the podiums.
Here is my replay.

Attachments

• GTP_Animera_WRS_67.zip
    114.3 KB · Views: 16
GTP_LinPark Clean & GREEN laps 👍

If your second lap was as clean lines as your first, you would also have been pushing the 1.58 mark.

Nice replay to watch, bet mine dont look that smooth :grumpy:

Phillip.

My AM Vette replay.

I did what was suggested by Lin and copied it to my zip folder on my computer this week, then zipped it, not changed the name or any thing else, I hope that works with no hassle to anyone.

Thanks for everyone help over the past few weeks. 👍

Phillip.

Sorry enthusiasm got the better of me again.

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-F004.zip
    127.5 KB · Views: 14
Sorry guys, but I must DQ myself for failing to read the rules properly. I had submitted twice and in doing so, I overwrited my first submission replay with my 2nd and final submission replay.

I'm truly sorry and I Will be reading all rules from here on in.

Congrats to GTP_iCyCo

Checked some replays this morning. I must say that I am still a moron because when I add both laptimes I don't get the submitted times :dopey:

dranddad - clean and green 👍
Animera - clean and green 👍

Well done guys.

Ian, it seems like you negotiated the busstop a bit on the conservative side, especially when compared to Dan's submission. Looks like with a little more effort you might have found that .5 there? ;)

Philip, your upload unpacked excellently, tho most drivers usually zip the whole /ps3 folder.

Philip, your upload unpacked excellently, tho most drivers usually zip the whole /ps3 folder.

Thank you Steven for checking my replay, I’m very happy that it didn’t give the same problems again. 👍

On my 4GB Cruzer memory stick I have a number of folders, one which is PS3, in this folder I have Savedata and Downloads, the savedata is always empty, but the download folder has a number of replays stored in it.

This is why I’ve not zipped the whole PS3 folder, as the download folder may course confusion or problems unzipping the replays, so I just zip whats in the savedata folder.

Hope that’s right.

Phillip.

Congrats to all podium finishers and those who beat their target times. 👍
I started off with a target time of sub 2'02. then sub 2'01 and then my final target was 2'00.5xx .
So , I'm suprised I ever got to sub 2 minute.

My laps were:
1'00.250
+ 59.650
1'59.900

Once again my replay is on the limits of cleanlyness. :sly:

1st on the turn in for exit of buss stop (lap1) and
2nd on the exit of bus stop (lap2)
Since I watched them very carefully I can tell how they are esyest to check:
lap 1 : front view , when turning in (entering the yellow curb) press start , next frame same angle of view press start when on the yellow curb.
lap 2 : normal view till the very last split second when the car comes to the yellow part then fast switch to front view and press start.

here's my replay:

Attachments

• GTP_MadMax86 WRS Week 67.zip
    107.5 KB · Views: 11
My replay.

1'00.018

Surprised to get the win, My fastest combination of 1st and 2nd lap was a 1'59.153, 59.846 and 59.305, just a shame I couldn't do it in a 2-lap stint, eh?

Well done to all the winners, no idea how the aliens do it.👍

I'm off on Hols on Thursday so I might miss Weeks 68 & 69.

Attachments

• Week 67 Sureshot.zip
    110.6 KB · Views: 13
Thanks for checking my replay Phil - my lines were inconsistent on all the runs - how I put those 2 miracle laps together is still a mystery.

Dan's replay is just incredible - so smooth - I'd wager even if I were on S2's I couldn't be that smooth but maybe I'll come back to this one someday and try again.

Glad steven could get to your replay - I grabbed it and still can't access the files inside - very, very strange.

I checked few replays, some alredy been verified:
3---1'58.828---GTP_Animera
gflagjn4.gif

5---1'59.358---GTP_LinPark
gflagjn4.gif

6---1'59.444---GTP_Sureshot Looks clean to me, might need another opinion as it's a minor issue what I'm conserned about. At T1 on lap 2 you have some controlling difficulties with the rear of the car and it comes very close to the wall there. I can see there 1km/h speed drop for a split second (with full throttle) and I'm not sure did the drifting , steering inputs or the wall cause it.

MadMax

I didn't hear anything on my surround sound. Just checked it again at a higher level and still nadda. Obviously I can't verify my own replay, but I did get very out of shape there.

Thanks for checking my replay Steven.
I was struggling to get the car through the busstop cleanly, so yes, if I could have got that a bit smoother I could have taken a few tenths off. Wasn't for lack of effort though.

Congrats to all division winners and podium finishers. Here's my replay.
Probably the worst tackling of the bus stop, atleast much people wont see it :)

Attachments

• GTP_iCyCo WRS Week 67 - PSN NTSC.rar
    110.5 KB · Views: 12
I wish I could have put more time in with this one but life got in the way last week.

Congrats to all division winners and podium finishers! :cheers:

GTP_iCyCo is clean and Green 👍

Hopefully i did this right:P Not sure if i was to post replay or not, dont know if it was only top 3 or top 3 on each division, but ill upload to be safe.

Seems i have alot to learn from a few replays i have watched, but thats why im here:) Had alot of fun with this.

View attachment PS3.zip

Edit: Did i upload it wrong? Didnt get the attached files with the square around as i see everyone else has. Let me know if i did something wrong, my first wrs:)

Last edited:
GTP_DHolland - clean and green - now I see what I was doing wrong :)
GTP_olebob - clean and green - very nice driving
GTP_Sureshot - looks clean to me - no contact with the wall from what I could see or hear
GTP_MadMax - clean and green
GTP_Voltaic - clean and green - using times in the upper right corner were 1'01.614 and 1'00.479 which totals to 2'02.093 - no diff in the standings though

Just need jh001 and DOUQA since Mignun DQ'ed himself to make this one official.

Damn, my second lap must have been too "good" :crazy:. Sad I don't even manage to get a podium at the back of the field :lol:

DOUQA - clean and green - 2 excellent laps
jh001 - clean and green - very nice

Thanks Lin.
You know its funny, I put loads of effort into this event with it being my first WR but my best 2 lapper was done quite early on and then I couldn't beat it. I did better individual laps with a 59.050 and a 59.595 (somehow) but could never put them together.

Ive come to the conclusion that I go faster when I dont try TOO hard. Trying to literally go faster always results in slower lap times, whereas just concentrating on being smooth and keeping within my own limit (just like you do when trying to learn a new car/track combo) usually results in better times. My faster laps always FEEL slower and if it wasnt for the ghost and splits Id be convinced they were.

So basically what Im saying is go slower and you'll go faster.

Congrats to all and in particular DHolland , man you're fast. I read a previous post by you in which you said that you dont have any alien skill and that your pace is down to time spent with the game. I dont believe it for a second, you are from another planet.:sly:

Back