pc120062zz.jpg

Vehicle Specifics - Division 1 (Stalwarts):

IMG_1513.jpg

• [*]Make: UK > Jaguar
    [*]Model: XK Coupe ‘06
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: S2 / S2
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

IMG_1508.jpg

Vehicle Specifics - Division 2 (Spiders):

IMG_1517.jpg

• Make: Japan > Concept by GT > Suzuki
  • Model: Cappuccino / HP Tuned

IMG_1515.jpg

Vehicle Specifics - Division 3 (Wannabees):

IMG_1525.jpg

• Make: Japan > Mazda
  • Model: RX-8 Type S '07
  • Tyre Type: S1 Front / S2 Rear

IMG_1520.jpg

Vehicle Specifics - Division 4 (D1 Killers):

IMG_1533.jpg

• [*]Make: Germany > BMW
    [*]Model: 135i Coupe '07

IMG_1529.jpg

Steward's Comments:

The WRS has turned 7. :) See the first race ever, here.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19128

Unfortunately, we don't have Trial Mountain, or Supras, to celebrate this event. But what we do have are some killer FR coupes, along with some great WRS participants, to bring up memories of the old days. ;)

I hope you have fun with this one, and thanks to the drivers who helped me test out this handicap combo, to help make sure it's fair and balanced. And also, thanks to Jump_Ace, for the cool name for this week's event. :sly:

:cheers:
Kevin

Race Specifics
:

• Your run must be done while being OFF LINE
  • The use of the clutch is prohibited

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind, these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done, and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.
Minimal number of splits: 2
Maximum number of splits: 2

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 69 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
    (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_EDK
  • You can submit only once
  • Please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag, Full name of the Car you used, and final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, March 1st 11:59 pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck :gtpflag:
OLR Admin Team

Last edited:
EDK, you must put in some serious testing to work all this out.
Looks like a fun week.
Almost wish I was in D4, the Bimmer is a treat to drive here at Suzuka.

Good luck to all and happy B'day WRS.

Great! I was waiting for a combo like this again. Looks tasty Kevin and the people who helped out 👍

Looks very funny! Plus I love the Cappuccino, It's my first time with different cars for each division, very interesting competition, congratulations on the work you've done!

7 years of WRS!? Wow! :embarrassed:

Alright, this should be FUN chasing a top 5 position while sitting in Div. 4. Time to strap myself in and get down to the track. Its a pity I'm at work at the moment.👎

Great stuff 👍

The game and WRS have become a regular part of my life since I was introduced to the wonders of the PS2 and GT4. Tho I have not witnessed all 7 years of it, it feels like it anyway.

This will be a challenging and fun combo, and I'd like to thank Kevin and all who participated in the preparation of it for concocting it :bowdown:

This will be a fun one! I just cant wait until I find out what division I am in.

7 years of WRS, it's been a long time and still going strong. 👍

Looks intersting, D2 in the tiny Suzuki. Nice job EDK. 👍

Note the tire change D3'ers :)

Jerome

It's going to be interesting how each division competes with the other so I'll get the board rolling :)

1'03.555
1'57.561

Do you know how hard it is to keep at least 2 wheels on track. Sometimes its hard to tell. Oh well, if you think its dirty it probably is

1'03.639
1'56.931

new splits. my wrists hurt like hell from holding the steering wheel :ouch:

1'03.104
1'56.118

1'02.908
1'56.347

Last edited:
On my first lap I instinctively drove through the motorcycle chicane!:dunce:

:lol:

I almost did too, however I caught myself as I was setting up towards the left side for entry.
It also figures I prefer the XK to the Cappi.
Even still:

1'02.670
1'56.827

Damn close to Takeuchi01 until Degner where his ghost does that inexorable wandering off into the distance it usually does ...

I love these handicap events, especially when us D3 drivers clearly have the best car :D Glad I made it back from Vegas for this week

I love these handicap events, especially when us D3 drivers clearly have the best car :D Glad I made it back from Vegas for this week

I thought you might like this one. ;) And I'm glad you made it back for it. :cheers:

Silly me I forgot how much prerace 🤬 is packed into the start of a NASCAR race on TV.

1'02.316
1'56.225

All the lefts in the esses and the 130R can be taken flat.

As as I get a division I'm in.......

Jack is working on it.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but based on your week 68 pace, I would suggest starting in the D4 car. You can change if your division placement ends up being different. 👍

EDK
Jack is working on it.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but based on your week 68 pace, I would suggest starting in the D4 car. You can change if your division placement ends up being different. 👍

No offense taken....I'm more than happy to start in Division 4.... 👍

1'04.567
1'58.500

Just getting warmed up..... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey that's a nice little car. It has plenty of grip, it's a lot of fun to drive around suzuka. 👍

1'03.001
1'57.475

Splits from my best lap so far:

1'03.402 1'03.317
1'57.102 1'56.917

Last edited:
Ran a few sessions so far, but having completed a lap remotely near my goal target, T1's in the 1'03.0xx's were common during the second stint, very technical combo, still experimenting with line/speed adjustments in the first sector, can someone please post the current P1 time on the leaderboard, and his/her splits? Thanks (No net connection for PS3 since new year)

Back