• Laps: Hotlap in online Time Trial

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: +53% (444 HP)
  • Weight: 85% (1079 kg)
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: R3/R3
  • Downforce: Optional
  • Performance Points: Maximum 702 PP (PP Optional, based on downforce)
  • Tuning: Optional
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

IMG_2311.jpg

Race Specifics:

• The green painted concrete next of the rumbles is not part of the track
  • G25 Clutch is prohibited
  • Use your GTP_Tag

Steward's Comments:
The RX-7 is a really nice drive with max tuning. No issue with running online this week, as you won't be able to make the world top 100 with just 697 PP. Have fun. 👍

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • The green painted concrete next of the rumbles is not part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

IMG_2302.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any Settings Discussion

Minimal number of splits: 2
Maximum number of splits: 2

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

IMG_2294.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 85 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
    (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_EDK
  • You can submit only once
  • Please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday June 21st 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

IMG_2304.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Outstanding choice, I can't wait to get my teeth into it :) :gtpflag:

All the best
Maz

Ok, maybe time to dust off the old GT5p disk after a few weeks off, looks like a fun combo 👍

Nice one this week Kevin 👍 and lots of grip too which I like :D
This will make new WRS members think back of their qualification race won't it?

Rehabbing from 4 days of long distance racing at Le Mans (thru the telly that is) but now very anxious to get back behind the wheel :)

T1: 0'54.434
T2: 1'39.963

quick half tune and 5 laps :grumpy: only way is down from here :lol:

Phillip.

LMAO, I made an as yet un-release Predator Edition for an RX-7 just yesterday, a tune of course that would be completely different to this one. I might get to work on a tune today and put in some laps.:)

Edit: Hang on what about the downforce? We can't use it?

Edit 2: Oh, and I haven't tested it yet, but if we can't use more than 697 PP, but using say 1 unit measurement downforce doesn't change the PP, can we do that? Here's my first splits NOT using ANY downforce. I may possibly have millimetrically dropped 3 wheels in the grass/on the green concrete on the exit of turn 1 (Not sure, but the rule says if in doubt).:scared: So basically I'll have to improve if I want to submit, and obviously I will if the rules allow for downforce.

T1- 53.881
T2- 1'38.980

Last edited:
LMAO, I made an as yet un-release Predator Edition for an RX-7 just yesterday, a tune of course that would be completely different to this one. I might get to work on a tune today and put in some laps.:)

Edit: Hang on what about the downforce? We can't use it?

Edit 2: Oh, and I haven't tested it yet, but if we can't use more than 697 PP, but using say 1 unit measurement downforce doesn't change the PP, can we do that? Here's my first splits NOT using ANY downforce. I may possibly have millimetrically dropped 3 wheels in the grass/on the green concrete on the exit of turn 1 (Not sure, but the rule says if in doubt).:scared: So basically I'll have to improve if I want to submit, and obviously I will if the rules allow for downforce.

T1- 53.881
T2- 1'38.980

Sorry about missing the downforce. Not sure it's good for automatic improvement. As McLaren has noticed, what you give away in the corners, you may gain back in straightline speed. ;)

I've edited the first post, to make the downforce, and the resulting PP, optional. If you like it, use it. If you don't like it, don't use it. In essence, the PP for the event is 697-702.

Have fun. 👍

Thanks Kev, I'll have to see what kind of improvement it does or doesn't make.:sly:
Edit: Just for the record, I had to buy a new RX-7 for this event, the other one had 3 tunes already loaded in.:crazy::lol: You want my downforce verdict? You'll just have to head over to Lion's Den Performance and see the tune to find out yourself.:sly: New splits!
T1- 53.722
T2- 1'38.699
I mis-shifted coming out of Degner pretty badly (bounced on the limiter twice!) and I had to have a 2nd go at braking for Casio because I broke to soon, so there's still plenty of time to be had.:)

Last edited:
First session (using Paulie's tune):
T1: 54.231
T2: 1'39.807

I'm out of practice, but this is a good combo for getting my mojo back! 👍

Something's wrong, nobody's recent splits are showing on the leaderboard.

Board updated.

For now, please include your GTP_tag in your split post if it is different from your GTP name. That saves me a lot of trouble trying to look it up.

Thanks 👍

EDIT sorry Philip :)

First splits this week, using the TLD tune with modifications to suit my driving style:

1'38.438

GTP_Animera

GTP_Dranddad

T1: 0'54.348
T2: 1'39.719

T1: 0'54.182
T2: 1'39.635

Phillip.

I used this Tag Steven as it the one you've got me as in WRS LB hope that right, if not let me know and I'll change it 👍

Last edited:
Cool combo and cool song you posted there Kevin. 👍

1'38.339

I missed your splits earlier, top work.:) I need to be faster in T1 by the looks of it.

First splits this week, using the TLD tune with modifications to suit my driving style:

1'38.438

GTP_Animera

Nice work Ian. How are people finding my gear ratios? It's always hard to get gear ratios right on a car with a power curve like this. You really have to keep the momentum up for the hairpin but the upside is there's no wheelspin and the ratio is right for exiting Casio.

Damn, this combo looks good. :drool:

Couldn't you have done a boring combo Kevin, (e.g Cappuccino @ Daytona Speedway), some of us have exams you know! ;) I'll try and find some time at the weekend to give this a go.

Excellent, Will do my first laps in any WRS event when i'm done babysitting my sister. (Argh.. It goes on forever! :))

I used this Tag Steven as it the one you've got me as in WRS LB hope that right, if not let me know and I'll change it 👍
Fine by me & updated.

Is it correct that I always see you use GTP_dranddad in WRS and WRS_Eriba when racing online?

Watching 3 World Cup matches a day doesn't leave much WRS time. But I will do my best to get some laps in. As usual looks like great fun!

First splits, the first sector is just so frustrating... never got the hang of it...

T1: 55.463
T2: 1.41.172

Second session. Tweaked the TLD tune to make it a bit more neutral.

T1: 53.664
T2: 1'39.319

Still gobs of time to be found.

This is a fun combo! Hopefully I'll have time to work on this one throughout the week. First splits:

1'39.235

GTP_AerosRacing

Looks like my T1 needs a lot of work. :ouch:

Last edited:
Made some reasonable improvements tonight, and have these splits to show for them -

1:40.064

Been tweaking the tune, but still not happy. Gears are right, but probably need a little bit of suspension work to improve turn in in a few spots.

Back