• Drive Train: AWD

49o.jpg

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 276 BHP
  • Weight: 1390 KG
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: N3 Front / N1 Rear
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

IMG_2817.jpg

Race Specifics:

• Your run must be done while OFFLINE
  • All is track, just do not hit any walls.
  • The use of the clutch is prohibited

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind, these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your replay

IMG_2827.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion

Minimal number of splits: 2
Maximum number of splits: 2

IMG_2808.jpg

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 89 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
    (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_EDK
  • You can submit only once
  • Please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday July 19th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

IMG_2819.jpg

Good luck,
OLR Admin Team
gtplanetflagtbgic1.gif

Last edited:
Here are my first ones, admittedly careful in an effort to be clean.

Pretend you are on dirt, and it really does feel like you're rallying. :dopey:

No need to pretend , tarmac rally suits me just fine. (even on N tyres)

Good combo EDK 👍

My early/test session splits:

T1 27.593
T2 44.768

MadMax

Been a while,
T1 30.047
T2 48.061

Not a fan of London, maybe because I spend so much time stuck on the real streets doing nowhere near these speeds. :grumpy:

First spli...............uh. "N3" N1. Oh well its not like Ive just done over a hundred laps on N2 N1, oh wait no, yeah I did.:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

New splits with front end update:

Last edited:
Yikes! And I thought I hit the wall a lot with the Lotus Evora.

I'm a slow learner. But loving this combo!

Little better

Last edited:
Definitely going to have a go, hopefully I will have time to submit this one.

This IS a blast 👍 Is it obligatory to use the Scandinavian Flick technique and power slide through every corner? :D

T1: 28.271
T2: 45.788

Improvements..

T1: 27.784
T2: 45.289

The gear selection seams to make a difference and possibly short shifting too.

D.

Last edited:
Love London and WRX,but N3/N1? OUCH!

First splits.

Second attempt.

T1: 28.773
T2: 46.933

Last edited:
Just finished a session and managed a lap I'm fairly happy with for this early in the week. Picked up quite a bit from yesterday's test session, I think I was sliding the car a bit less tonight. :D

Short shifting is definitely a good idea, around 7,000-7,200 RPM's. I'm holding the lower gear in a few places, to avoid awkward shifts going into a corner.

A tricky combo, but very enjoyable when you get into it.
Splits from my best lap so far:

27.272 27.428 27.287
44.322 44.289 44.200

Last edited:
Certainly is tricky, but oh so addictive 👍

After having spent the early laps clattering into every wall and barrier, I finally managed to sort myself out and got some clean laps in, with best splits so far of,

Very satisfying when you get the final corner nailed, unfortunately whenever I did get it right the rest of the lap before it was pretty messy. Great fun though 👍

First run this evening. Have to say this is very enjoyable!

T1- 27.687
T2- 44.885

Tough set to get back into WRS with, but fun.

First crack at it tonight.

New sector times

T1- 27.558
T2- 44.666

First splits for a VERY VERY VERY loooooooong time.

Very difficult combo, but not only that... Been hard to "relearn" Gran Turismo after being away for at least half a year on rFactor. Saying that I probably won't do WRS consistenly due to rFactor leagues...

I know I am not speaking for myself only when I say that the first corner on the first run didn't go so well :lol:

that first sector is killing me.

Last edited:
First splits for a VERY VERY VERY loooooooong time.

Very difficult combo, but not only that... Been hard to "relearn" Gran Turismo after being away for at least half a year on rFactor. Saying that I probably won't do WRS consistenly due to rFactor leagues...

Nice to see you in here, Mad. 👍 Looks like you haven't forgotten that much. :sly:

I have some new ones tonight.

I have a goal in mind, will see if I can get there before the week is out. 👍

Anyone else having trouble at the corner after Sector 1? I have a serious amount of trouble losing the rear end on turn in.

Anyone else having trouble at the corner after Sector 1? I have a serious amount of trouble losing the rear end on turn in.

Trouble you say :lol: looks to me as if you held it well Mad.

Serious though, looks like your braking a little late, brake early and set your speed to what you can hold the corner at. As we'er on N3 / N1 dont brake on the coner like your doing.

Put the power on as you exit the bend and use the N3 front to pull you out (just like a FWD ) it will pull you wide counteracting the rear brake away.

That'll be £10 tuition fee :sly:

Nice to see you back Mad stop Ian running away with it.

Phillip. 👍

Last edited:
I don't know how many times I looped it on that corner. I found that early braking and a consistent speed through that corner allowed me to get on the gas earlier to accelerate out. That outer wall closes in quick at the exit, so it's hard to get comfortably on the gas out of that corner.

I have to admit to having had quite a few laps in this combo. Unfortunately, I cant stop having fun long enough to put in a decent lap! :lol:

Like these guys said, brake early (right at the marker sign and crosswalk for me). Once you are mid corner, you can still rotate the car to help avoid the guardrail and get a faster exit.

But, not sure why we're giving advice to the guy with the fastest second sector. :dopey:

Latest Posts

Back