IMG_2890.jpg

Race Details Viper SRT10 Coupe/Tuned:

• IMG_2888.jpg
  • Mode: Online > PP750 Daytona Road Time Trial
  • Physics: Professional
  • Track: Road Course - Daytona
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)
  • Tyre Type: Optional
  • Performance Points - 750PP
IMG_2920.jpg

Vehicle Specifics Viper SRT10 Coupe/Tuned :

• Make: USA > Dodge > Concept by GT
  • Model: Viper SRT10 Coupe/Tuned
  • Power: Optional
  • Weight: Optional
  • Performance Points - 750PP
  • Drive Train: FR

Race Details Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06:

• Mode: Arcade > Time Trial
  • Physics: Professional
  • Track: Super Speedway Daytona
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

IMG_2895.jpg

Vehicle Specifics Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06:

• Make: USA > Dodge
  • Model: Viper SRT10 Coupe '06
  • Power: 509 bhp
  • Weight: 1565 kg
  • Drive Train: FR
  • Tyre Type: N3 / N3

Steward Comments:
This week, we'll make use of the PD online time trial at DR. It's been some time since we've had the opportunity to run a proper combo at DR, meaning an FR musclecar on race tires. It reminds me of the last online events in Spec II, when 750PP at DR was the event of choice. :)

The leaderboard time will be your full lap time in the tuned car at DR.
We'll be keeping the Superspeedway time in the Normal Car a secret. Have fun. 👍

Race Specifics:

• All hard surfaces are part of the track; Two wheels on track at all times; No wall hitting.
  • Your run must be done while being OFF LINE
  • The use of the clutch is prohibited

IMG_2927.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your replay

IMG_2901.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods)

• Normal Car (Superspeedway) Lap time or Splits
  • Any information which can be used to infer Normal Car laptime or Splits

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• Tuned Car Total Laptime
  • Tuned Car Splits (Please post in linear format to avoid confusing the fetchbot, i.e. 45.650/59.780/1'10.956)
  • Any settings discussion.

Minimal number of splits: 1
Maximum number of splits: 1

The official leaderboard can be found at
http://wrs.gtplanet.net/. Please post splits on separate lines, in order to avoid confusing the FetchBot.

IMG_2912.jpg

Viewing your Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Submission:

• All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 92 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

Please submit your time in the following format :

• [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
  • (Example-) [division 2]---3'29.356---GTP_Tag (Total Time = Tuned (Road Course) Laptime + Normal (Superspeedway) Laptime)
  • (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_Tag / Tuned Lap
  • (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_Tag / Normal Lap

• You can submit only once
    [*]Please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
    [*]The deadline is Monday August 9th 11.59pm GMT
    [*]If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers ,named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

IMG_2925.jpg

Good luck,
OLR Admin Team

:gtpflag:

Wow ,My favourite car will be driven to death this week.Stunning combo Kevin.

Well, I told myself when it's T - 3 Months I'd better get to driving the rust out, so I'm hoping I can find time for this during the week. However, my wife has some personal family stuff that I must attend this week as well. Interesting twist with keeping only the normal Viper secret 👍

Jerome

EDIT

I was going to say something about JoostB being on holiday and the Fetchbot falsely picking up the wrong car and track to display above the splits/laptime screen, but through his wisdom he made it possible for me to change the combo details as displayed in the leaderboard screen.

Well done Joost 👍

Last edited:
This is one hell of a week for the leaderboard, and quite a coincidence that Joost is on holiday to France for the full combo week. He is needed to change the race specifics from Speedway to Road as that apparently is what Fetchbot has picked up from Kevin's post #1. Still, the posted splits and laptimes will probably be processed just fine.

Yeah, I noticed that.

I'm already altering how we account for these multi-car weeks, by just going with 1 full laptime, as opposed to combined splits.

I think we'll need to create a solution for this problem before the release of GT5.

For now, since there's just one split, we all just need to know the details on the leaderboard are wrong, but the times are right. 👍

Looks like a fun race but I'm definitely not ready for this sort of thing. Haven't unlocked the cars and certainly don't have the skills for it either (being that DR wasn't in gt4 isn't helping either). :lol:
I'll keep an eye on the event just to keep up but I doubt I'll submit a time.
Good luck everyone!

These two cars remind me of ex's. We've all been there right? One wants a sensitive, caring, responsive listener. While the other wants it hard and fast and aggressive :sly: Great fun Kev! Splits later.

Jerome

I changed the race specs last evening but apparently Fetchbot changes it back by himself :D arrogant little bugger he is.

EDK
I'm already altering how we account for these multi-car weeks, by just going with 1 full laptime, as opposed to combined splits.
I suggest we only post the DR laptime so at least that time can be viewed in the leaderboard.

EDK
I think we'll need to create a solution for this problem before the release of GT5.
Joost wants to but he said earlier it is a lot of work. For now we even don't know in what direction to find a solution for the problem ...
I'll talk to him next week after he returns from France.

Test laptime to see how Fetch reacts:

EDIT nm, it works well especially after Ian posted his laptime 👍

Last edited:
Not a fan of these tuning combos. Not really an even playing field in my opinion. Addictive combo none the less though, first time:

1'43.009

Not really an even playing field in my opinion.

Here is the tune I've been using. Hopefully it will help.

Power: 528 (-3)
Weight 1066 (85)
Tyres: R1/R2
Aero: 10/20

Ride Height: -7/+10
Springs: 5/2
Damper: 5/4
Toe: -0.20/-0.10
Camber: 2.2/2.0
Brakes: 6/8
Turning Angle: 50
TC: Off
ABS: 1

1st: 2.308
2nd: 1.588
3rd: 1.225
4th: 1.014
5th: 0.844
6th: 0.500
Final: 2.900

Thanks to TZT Garage for the tune.
Feel free to change anything to make it suit your driving style.

Thanks for the settings post :) Interesting tire choice, I'm assuming you did it to help with wheelspin on your exits? Does it make is a tad understeery?

Jerome

I tried R1/R1, but found that the increased speed on the straights did not make up for the time lost through the twisty bits. It is a bit understeery, but the brake balance helps to pull the nose in during turn ins.

These two cars remind me of ex's. We've all been there right? One wants a sensitive, caring, responsive listener. While the other wants it hard and fast and aggressive :sly: Great fun Kev! Splits later.

Jerome

The bold part is the part I like :D :lol: :sly:

Thanks for sharing the tune Ian. Really going to find some time for this one as it looks like great fun.

Seems like the settings post from Ian is distracting to Fetch. Re-entered his last laptime, but don't know if the bot will overwrite it again. HA, interesting week for the board at a time when it's father is on hollies :)

Here is the tune I've been using. Hopefully it will help.

Thanks to TZT Garage for the tune.

Thanks for that mate! I'll give it a try tomorrow and see how i get on. Some interesting variations to what I've been using.

Thanks again 👍

Gonna try this again soon I hope.

EDIT - NM I'm in the Vette! Hahaha, now I'll try your the TZT Tune :)

Jerome

Last edited:
Well, I told myself when it's T - 3 Months I'd better get to driving the rust out, so I'm hoping I can find time for this during the week.
Jerome

Exactly my thoughts. I'm hoping to improve by about a second before Nov. 2

1:41.989

1:41.960 (with GTP_ tag).

I changed the brake balance to 6/6 on the TZT tune, seemed more responsive on the first righty hairpin and can get on the gas sooner.

I think tomorrow I'll go back to the other car, this one is so much fun, I just put in 18 laps in a row and didn't even know it :)

P.S. I had no problems updating to 3.41 with my 80GB HDD in the PS3 👍 Seems like only a few people have had that issue. But I have noticed that after every update, it moves my clock one hour and get the message every time I play GT5P :grumpy:

Jerome

Last edited:
1'42.851

Very, very rusty after 3 or so months without playing Prologue!

First flying lap after playing with the tune.

1'41.840
1'41.420

but tune still needs work, bit skippy in places and hard to put the power down early :grumpy:

Phillip.

Last edited:
I just tried the animera/TZT tune Phillip. Seems nice, but i'm not great at tuning so wouldn't have a clue if it wasn't :lol: Made a slight improvement using it though:

1'42.313

I keep forgetting theres a second part to this too! :scared: Havent even tried it yet!!

Used the ZTZ tune. Wonderful tune. 1'41.699. Where I am as a driver right now dont see much room for improving it

Ah but think of where you could be as a driver in 6 days time:)

Good point, if I'm going to improve as a driver I can't give up so quickly. Its just that this combo is frustrating. The car itself with the ZTZ tune is fun to drive, but make one mistake and you have to drive another 2 minute lap before you get a chance at another one because you need that speed coming out of the backstretch chicane.

Also the braking points are driving mad because there simply isn't any markers or anything of any kind to go off. For turn 1 I have to go off of feel which I hate doing. Brake a split second too late and you overshoot the corner. A split second too early and you slow down way too much. The second right hander in the infield there is no real marker anywhere. Then theres the dreaded backstretch chicane. There is a dark spot in the road that provides a nice reference point as when to brake but going through the chicane is a wild uncontrolled experience that I do not like. My best lap time through there I was in pretty much a four wheel drift all the way through it. I dont like driving a car that way.

Add ontop of that intense glare on the windscreen when coming out onto the oval again

Is it OK to share splits? I need to know where I'm losing time

1'05.426
1'21.168
1'41.699

Is it OK to share splits? I need to know where I'm losing time

It is ok to share splits mate, but you have to put them on the same line to avoid confusing fetchbot. Like this: 27.798,51.489,1'05.426,1'21.168,1'41.699.

Fortunetely you arent appearing in the leaderboards yet, if you wish to, include your GTP_ PSN into your avatar 👍

edit: Oh! You are on the board! lol. You need to slow down in my opinion though ;)

Infact speed up slow down whatever... I just took a screenshot to show you all why there's no chance of beating me this week:

Speeed.jpg

:lol:

Last edited:
Very nice, I like it. You've obviously got the exit out of the back chicane nailed.

I can only hit 1429999999999999 :banghead:

:lol::lol::lol:

Back