13 New GT Sport Scapes Shots From PSX 2016

These aren't new

edit: is baker's dozen an american saying? though that was Beyond/ps i love you xoxo meme

These aren't new

edit: is baker's dozen an american saying? though that was Beyond/ps i love you xoxo meme

They were new at PSX 2016. Hence the title.

Baker's dozen is a fairly common term over here in Canada. Not sure how much it's been adopted south of the border, considering how much the US seems to enjoy proper English spelling for a variety of words. ;)

Baker's dozen is as far as I'm aware an old English term (as in hundreds of years old), meaning 13. The Kinda Funny Games adoption of it I just took as a joke at the ridiculousness that a baker's dozen means 13, thus with pretty much any number they refer to it as a baker's dozen.

The BMW M4 is braking out of what's probably a 1st gear hairpin. Must be an AI driver hehe

That's all well and good showing pictures in photomode (AKA Scapes AKA Scapegoat for why the graphics won't be as good as you think) but it doesn't really give any new information apart from cars.

Down here in the Midwest of the USA 'baker's dozen' is a generally accepted and understood phrase. I grew up understanding it to be precisely 13, although some do generalize it to mean slightly more than a dozen (i.e. 13 or 14, 15 tops)

Baker's dozen is as far as I'm aware an old English term (as in hundreds of years old), meaning 13. The Kinda Funny Games adoption of it I just took as a joke at the ridiculousness that a baker's dozen means 13, thus with pretty much any number they refer to it as a baker's dozen.

The BMW M4 is braking out of what's probably a 1st gear hairpin. Must be an AI driver hehe

Someone got the reference yayyy, also love that this thread has turned into the history of baker's dozen.

Down here in the Midwest of the USA 'baker's dozen' is a generally accepted and understood phrase. I grew up understanding it to be precisely 13, although some do generalize it to mean slightly more than a dozen (i.e. 13 or 14, 15 tops)
A Baker's Dozen is indeed exactly thirteen.

You telling me, PD is really holding off unveiling the P1 :(
Nah, he's just being grumpy because no new cars have been shown.

I don't get this new photomode, it looks unnatural, and kinda fake. And I'm sure if photomode is in the game itself, and I mean like in replays, it sure is good. But what is this?

Yawn. Unless PoDi can pull-off an LFA, they're toast. Only by releasing a product that was truly in a class of it's own could Lexus justify the über-long time of development for the LFA, the years of showing pointless concepts on autoshows because they scrapped the car halfway through to make it from the ground up in carbon fiber instead of aluminium. I remember car magazines literally saying: "Yawn, stop showing it and start selling it!"

If PD can churn out a product that, like the LFA, is so good that it stands on it''s own against it's competition, then all this make sense. But history tends to repeat itself...specially when the studio developing a game DOESN'T LISTEN TO HIS FANS!

You telling me, PD is really holding off unveiling the P1 :(

It's a contemporary, relevant high-performance car that many have been asking for the GT franchise for years.

That's all the requirements for PoDi not to include it.

Yawn. Unless PoDi can pull-off an LFA, they're toast. Only by releasing a product that was truly in a class of it's own could Lexus justify the über-long time of development for the LFA, the years of showing pointless concepts on autoshows because they scrapped the car halfway through to make it from the ground up in carbon fiber instead of aluminium. I remember car magazines literally saying: "Yawn, stop showing it and start selling it!"

If PD can churn out a product that, like the LFA, is so good that it stands on it''s own against it's competition, then all this make sense. But history tends to repeat itself...specially when the studio developing a game DOESN'T LISTEN TO HIS FANS!

It's a contemporary, relevant high-performance car that many have been asking for the GT franchise for years.

That's all the requirements for PoDi not to include it.

Edit
Miss understood Sorry :embarrassed:

Last edited:
👎 So by your logic PD shouldn't include any cars in GTS Then :yuck: Just make GTS a Scenery game where the player walks around just taking pictures of each location

It's not my logic, it's PoDi's. Just look at how they've treated the inclusion of supercars in later games. PD didn't even bothered to include a "premium" Toyota Supra MkIV despite them being ubiquitous in the racing scene and something thousands of fans asked for politely and not-so-politely. If you also consider the focus of GTS on racing cars, I'd say it's pretty unlikely it'll feature the P1.

They just don't care. They'll see you asking for a P1 and give you the Afrika Korps Spec. A Touring Ed. Limited GT-S Kübelwagen and a dozen of make believe racing cars powered by magic and the power of dreams.

All I want for Christmas is a list of all the Scapes in GT Sport so I can dream of going to all of them myself.

It's a novelty item/pc desktop generator.

Which would be fine if they'd spent (non literal) 10 minutes on it. However it seems they have actually spent a lot of time working on it. Taking 1000+ photos, working on the lighting tech, clearly not simple. You have to admire the result, but ask yourself at what expense it comes at.

It was even one of the primary reasons mentioned in the delay post.

From the start this title has been one of our most ambitious undertakings by using the latest technologies, such as physics-based rendering and sound simulations, and Scapes photo mode.

...They just don't care. They'll see you asking for a P1 and give you the Afrika Korps Spec. A Touring Ed. Limited GT-S Kübelwagen and a dozen of make believe racing cars powered by magic and the power of dreams.
Speculation, opinion and pretty much unfounded wiffle. As for the 'make believe cars' well, as has exhaustively been explained, the special car from GT6 were development projects from the manufacturers themselves.

Trouble is, with a lack of clear communication no one can say either way what is really going to happen...or not.

The game looks gorgeous as expected! I'm really excited to get my hands of the game's scapes and photomode when it releases (assuming it ever does).

Back