IMG_3456.jpg

Arcade Time Trial Hotlap Event

IMG_3479.jpg

Subaru WRX Sti '07

IMG_1203.jpg

Suzuka East

41f.jpg

Steward's Comments:

Given the slipperyness of this week's combo, I was surprised at the consistency of the times. The top 3 especially were very close.

Well done to everyone who competed this week.

Cheers,

OLR Team.

Important notices:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all required replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified. After 7 days, all drivers who fail to provide a requested replay will have their lap disqualified. (Beware, disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS)
Drivers who do not have a submitted lap posted in the results are not to post any information related to a laptime they might have achieved in the results thread. Any such posts will have the times removed.

IMG_3467.jpg

Replay Verification Requests:
This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification. All replays are to be posted here.

Instructions on how to upload your replay can be found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3180607&postcount=2

Division 1:

1---1'01.500---GTP_Synwraith
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'01.530---GTP_DEVIE
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'01.534---GTP_Stotty
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'01.948---GTP_PASM
5---1'02.301---GTP_Bugman27

Division 2:

1---1'01.890---GTP_CICO 👍
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'01.969---GTP_Eriba
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'01.982---GTP_Anghammarad
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'02.155---GTP_rmk700
5---1'02.285---GTP_MadMax86
6---1'02.311---GTP_EDK
7---1'02.372---GTP_Crispy74
8---1'02.886---GTP_orsche

Division 3:

1---1'01.991---GTP_nasanu 👍
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'02.269---GTP_Andy2125 👍
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'02.660---GTP_Renesis
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'02.677---GTP_Mignun
5---1'02.772---GTP_Pluscat
6---1'02.994---GTP_OnlyMe
7---1'04.083---GTP_Aldo

Division 4:

1---1'02.588---GTP_DC9990 👍
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'03.562---GTP_dhandes
gflagjn4.gif

IMG_3459.jpg

Overall Results:

2---1'01.530---GTP_DEVIE
3---1'01.534---GTP_Stotty
4---1'01.890---GTP_CICO
5---1'01.948---GTP_PASM
6---1'01.969---GTP_Eriba
7---1'01.982---GTP_Anghammarad
8---1'01.991---GTP_nasanu
9---1'02.155---GTP_rmk700
10--1'02.269---GTP_Andy2125
11--1'02.285---GTP_MadMax86
12--1'02.301---GTP_Bugman27
13--1'02.311---GTP_EDK
14--1'02.372---GTP_Crispy74
15--1'02.588---GTP_DC9990
16--1'02.660---GTP_Renesis
17--1'02.677---GTP_Mignun
18--1'02.772---GTP_Pluscat
19--1'02.886---GTP_orsche
20--1'02.994---GTP_OnlyMe
21--1'03.562---GTP_dhandes
22--1'04.083---GTP_Aldo

IMG_3467.jpg

Statistics:

Overall Mean time: 1'02.375 Deviation: 0.544 (std 0.621)
>>> Division 1: Mean time: 1'01.763 Std Dev: 0.316
>>> Division 2: Mean time: 1'02.231 Std Dev: 0.298
>>> Division 3: Mean time: 1'02.778 Std Dev: 0.616
>>> Division 4: Mean time: 1'03.075 Std Dev: 0.487

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Replay Checking:

1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited by a moderator:
Good time and overall win Maz, congrats cico on D2 win and Alo good time on your first week with the wheel, not a very easy wrs to change over on 👍

Well done to the rest of the wrs members on what was a tricky week, some great times put in by all.

Phillip.

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-1BF18ED2005.zip
    115 KB · Views: 9
Some great results this week for CICO, nasanu and DC990 👍 Great laps also from Chris and Steven in D1, neither of whom spent as much time as me on this combo, great laps guys and I'm sure you could have gotten the 1'01.4 I'd been chasing all week with ease had you had more opportunities to run.

My replay is attached. The last corner is pretty close, but I'm 100% happy with it after checking it in chase cam and with another car parked on the corner facing backwards. Also Bert (DustDriver) has been kind enough to provide some screenshots in case anyone requires a clearer view of the last corner on my lap as he's usually the master of frame-by-frame evidence :)

All the best
Maz

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    116 KB · Views: 23
GTP_Synwraith
picture.php

Dont know why you put that last bit in Maz, I've watched it and it was a perfect lap. :yuck:

Well done Maz nice to watch, I'll view it a few more time maybe I'll find a little more speed in places.

Phillip.

Thank you Phil, I'd view yours but I'm on my way to work. Looking at your own great laptime there's probably not much to learn from my replay apart from noticing the throttle flicker!

All the best
Maz

Thank you Phil, I'd view yours but I'm on my way to work. Looking at your own great laptime there's probably not much to learn from my replay apart from noticing the throttle flicker!

All the best
Maz

Mine is boring compaired with your control of gas and brake, I'll have to invest one of these day in a G25.

Can't feel the pedals to well on this dfgt and if the dame thing keeps giving me brake light flicker (4 times now) it may be sooner than later. :grumpy:

Phillip.

Last edited:
"This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification."

Is that the top three overall or the top three in each division?

Either way here is my replay. Not a great effort, I am switching from right foot braking to left foot and it just doesn't feel right yet.

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-1BF18ED2001.zip
    107.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
"This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification."

Is that the top three overall or the top three in each division?

The top three from each division.

Heres my replay, dont expect to learn anything from it apart from how not to do a quick lap!

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-1BF18ED2001.zip
    107 KB · Views: 10
Congrats to everyone that posted a time in this combo.

I found it uber difficult to put a fast lap together (read: I couldn't put a fast lap together) so gave this one a miss.

Well done again. 👍

Congrats go to all podiums. Shame there was a low turnout for Div4 this week :(
I'm seeing alot of improvement in my times compared to everyone, I'm starting to be able to keep up with the top Div3 guys which I'm happy about :)
GTP_Synwraith
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_nasanu
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_dhandes
gflagjn4.gif

Last edited:
I too checked following replays:
post #1
gflagjn4.gif
- Not as close as you might have thought.
6---1'01.969---GTP_Eriba
gflagjn4.gif

8---1'01.991---GTP_nasanu
gflagjn4.gif

21--1'03.562---GTP_dhandes
gflagjn4.gif

I had a nice battle with Alan_G (GTP_Bugman27) for the top controller time. "Controller Wars ? "
Only 16/1000's of a second difference at the finish line.

EDIT: I tried to check your replay DC9990 and found out that the PS3>SAVEDATA>BCES00104-RPLY2-B-1BF18ED2001 - folder is empty.
While I was checking these replays there were 2 replay files that ended with "01" . So I needed to check them separately.
I'd suggest that you copy your replay from PS3 again. And make sure it contains all 5 reaquired files in the BCES00104... folder

MadMax

Last edited:
Congrats all around. Fun combo even though I found it very difficult. Did anyone else but me use fourth gear in the final turn? It felt very wrong but produced the best laptimes for me

Hopefully it'll work this time, I dont know why it was empty last time

Attachments

• WRS 98.rar
    117.1 KB · Views: 8
Congrats to all, seriously good times at the front.

Quite happy with my first podium in the WRS, that makes up for my current struggles with Week 99. I will endeavour to upload the replay after work.

Nice and close at the sharp end :lol:

Congrats to Maz (I think I remember a time in the distant past when I could beat you buddy!) and the other divisional winners 👍 :cheers:

Replay to follow.

It worked like a dream:
MadMax

Thanks for checking it out 👍

To my shame, I still don't know how to upload a replay :embarrassed:, and when I click this link, it asks me for a password...
Can anyone tell me the password, or tell me how to upload a replay?
When you first got into the GTP WRS they should've been given a password then

Thanks for the nice words guys, I am pretty happy with the outcome considering it is mine first entry with the wheel. Aldo keep practising mate 👍 you doing good. Really close in D1 defently need to check those replays.

Here is my replay:

Attachments

• GTP_CICO WRS 98.rar
    116.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Congrats to Maz (I think I remember a time in the distant past when I could beat you buddy!)

:lol: Thanks Chris, but you won't have to wait long before you're beating me again. You know how long it takes me to get used to anything, namely GT5 phyisics 👍

All the best
Maz

If I've done this right, here's my replay.

I'd really appreciate some constructive criticism on the less obvious stuff (I know I missed the apex), e.g was I shifting at the right point? Was I using enough lock - or too much? Is that the right amount of tyre squeal or am I going past the peak of the slip-angle/lateral force curve? Not smooth enough with the car? You can't be too critical - thanks :)

Attachments

• GTP_Renesis_WRS_98.zip
    120.1 KB · Views: 10
Very close results in the end 👍👍 Did anyone also notice shifting at 7000rpm gave better straight line speed? If I were able to view replays I would know the answer to my question. Congrats to everyone especially Stotty and Maz:cheers: Here is my replay:

Attachments

• WRS Replay 1'01.530.zip
    118.3 KB · Views: 9
Very close results in the end 👍👍 Did anyone also notice shifting at 7000rpm gave better straight line speed? If I were able to view replays I would know the answer to my question. Congrats to everyone especially Stotty and Maz:cheers: Here is my replay:

Yeah or even little before 7000rpm, the power band dropped after 7000 you can also see the boost pressure decrease a little bit.

Congrats to all podium places!

I'm very happy with my tenth place overall. This is one of my better results in the WRS since I come here :).

Here's my replay:

Attachments

• w98_Andy2125.zip
    117.4 KB · Views: 9
GTP_Renesis
picture.php
I would say that you generally tend to brake a bit too late which meant that your entry speeds into the corners was a bit too high. Slow in fast out is as ever the mantra. You also gave away quite a lot in the final corner. A smoother entry were you more or less just just use engine braking while waiting for the front to line up correctly and then floor it instead of your two step approach where you applied brakes in the middle.
GTP_DEVIE
picture.php
What can I say, you're half a second quicker than me
GTP_Stotty
picture.php
See Devie
GTP_Andy2125
picture.php
You seem to attack the track pretty much in the same way that I do. I am therefore unable to give any hints on how to go quicker other than checking the laps of the two gentlemen above.

Edit:The obvious difference between the Div 1 guys and the Div 3 is, as always, the smoothness. Much less sliding and throwing the car around.

Last edited:
Back