Results

IMG_3689.jpg

Time Trial in Arcade Mode

IMG_3691.jpg

Lotus Evora

pb060051.jpg

Suzuka

Steward's Comments:

This is the penultimate WRS for Prologue.

Phenomenal showing by each of the division winners.

Cheers,

OLR Team.

Important notices:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all required replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified. After 7 days, all drivers who fail to provide a requested replay will have their lap disqualified. (Beware, disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS)
Drivers who do not have a submitted lap posted in the results are not to post any information related to a laptime they might have achieved in the results thread. Any such posts will have the times removed.

Replay Verification Requests:
This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification. All replays are to be posted here.

Instructions on how to upload your replay can be found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3180607&postcount=2

Division 1:

1---2'27.468---GTP_Synwraith 👍
gflagjn4.gif

2---2'27.980---GTP_Stotty
gflagjn4.gif

3---2'27.991---GTP_RudiRaser
gflagjn4.gif

4---2'28.393---GTP_davinci

Division 2:

1---2'28.131---GTP_w-g-e 👍
gflagjn4.gif

2---2'28.210---GTP_Sutuki
gflagjn4.gif

3---2'28.726---GTP_Eriba
gflagjn4.gif

4---2'28.886---GTP_Anghammarad
5---2'28.893---GTP_DukeOfPendle
6---2'29.214---GTP_Worst_Driver
7---2'29.368---GTP_Crispy74
8---2'29.909---GTP_orsche
9---2'31.742---GTP_jimantonic

Division 3:

1---2'30.547---GTP_Nuclearfire 👍
gflagjn4.gif

2---2'30.796---GTP_monoha
gflagjn4.gif

3---2'31.031---GTP_Renesis
gflagjn4.gif

Division 4:
1---2'32.085---GTP_FastM3
gflagjn4.gif

2---2'35.372---GTP_Bufalobranco
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_NishRacer
bflagtp3.gif
(Submitted Replay was corrupted)

Overall Results:

1---2'27.468---GTP_Synwraith
2---2'27.980---GTP_Stotty
3---2'27.991---GTP_RudiRaser
4---2'28.131---GTP_w-g-e
5---2'28.210---GTP_Sutuki
6---2'28.393---GTP_davinci
7---2'28.726---GTP_Eriba
8---2'28.886---GTP_Anghammarad
9---2'28.893---GTP_DukeOfPendle
10--2'29.214---GTP_Worst_Driver
11--2'29.368---GTP_Crispy74
12--2'29.909---GTP_orsche
13--2'30.547---GTP_Nuclearfire
14--2'30.796---GTP_monoha
15--2'31.031---GTP_Renesis
16--2'31.742---GTP_jimantonic
17--2'32.085---GTP_FastM3
18--2'35.372---GTP_Bufalobranco

IMG_3706.jpg

Statistics:

Overall Mean time: 2'29.766 Deviation: 1.640 (std 1.875)
>>> Division 1: Mean time: 2'27.958 Std Dev: 0.328
>>> Division 2: Mean time: 2'29.231 Std Dev: 1.029
>>> Division 3: Mean time: 2'30.791 Std Dev: 0.198
>>> Division 4: Mean time: 2'32.757 Std Dev: 1.920

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Replay Checking:

1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited by a moderator:
Many congratulations to all podiums, and special congratulations to Chris and Rudi for breaking the 27s with so little running time compared to me, to W-g-e and Sutuki for D1-standard times, to Nuclearfire and Nish for showing their divisions the way and to Phil (Eriba) for the mighty improvements he made all through the week.

Damn the Evora and Suzuka have been good to me 👍

Replay attached.

All the best
Maz

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    114.6 KB · Views: 10
Thank you Maz and great times out there everyone. Hopefully I get my replay up this time as last time I almost cried.

I really didn't expect this. Thanks to Sutuki, who gave me great advice and his replay helped me too to get this lap.👍
I won't beat you next week, I promise.:sly:

And congratulations to all the other podiums and Maz for an amazing time and the overall win.

Replay will follow later

Congrats to all winners and podiums. Maz is of course clearly not human anymore. Too bad our new Div 2 demi Aliens didn't have the time get promoted to Div 1 before the GT5P end to leave us old farts to duke(!) it out in the final week. Suzuka has always been a two sided experience for me. I'm rubbish, and have always been rubbish, in the first section but the rest is one of my best in all of the game.

:bowdown: w-g-e, superb lap time!! Congratulations for the well deserved win 👍

Congratulations to all podiums and Maz for the clear overal win.

Replay coming later :)

Congrats to Maz and all the podiums. I feel getting a D3 podium is a hollow victory with only 3 entrants, but I was happy with the progress I made over the week, found nearly two seconds to end up only 1/4 second behind the rest of D3.

I will upload the replay once I'm home.

As we are now into the last week, (fingers crossed) give praise where praise is due.

Plus I maybe able to get my 1,000 posts before the year is out.

Nothing short of pure brilliance Maz, having drove for a living most of my working life I’m quiet smooth and can recognise a good line. You were good enough to let me view your replay in the week and I must admit did use the ghost for a number of laps.

Although I could be with you sometimes or just pip you to the S-Curves (turns 3/4) due to a small mistake on the curb, your exit of turn 4 getting on the gas and just holding the back end was a killer.

I would push hard and be back on your bumper at Gyaku Bank curve (turn 5/6) but then Dunlop, you must have an extra button on your G25 that says, ok rails here, you got on the gas and took off, I could not see how the gap would increase so much in one turn, and so it went on, Degner 2 I take a little more curb and back on ya tail again at the hairpin, exit again you fly off under the bridge.

Although you missed the apex at spoon 1 (maybe you planed to) your exit of spoon2, I’m just not going to go there, I just held the white flag out the window.

If that is the standard that Division 1 gold has to do, you well deserve it Maz.

A little story you don’t have to read this if you wish, so you don’t think I’m blowing hot air. Imagine this, big executive car with two or three directors as passengers heading for Cardiff Arms Park (Wales) to watch the Rugby, their all drinking Champagne from fluted glasses and the bottle is stood in an ice bucket. As always your working on a very tight time frame to get to the park, or they’ll miss the kick off, but you can’t spill a drop, not easy by the time they’ve got into the second or third bottle with the roads in Wales.

Well done Maz on the overall win, which I think many will agree was a total mismatch with the gearing of this car and the corners of Suzuka, but a great combo all the same. 👍

Phillip.

Congrats to all that made the podiums this week and to everyone that stuck with this frustrating combo.

Well done w-g-e, Nuclearfire, Nishracer (hope you can sort replay) on your division wins. 👍

I see Thomas and I were hard at it again this week, don’t think I had anything left in the tank Thomas. I knew when I got to D2 I would have my rear end handed to me at times. D2 has to be one of the hardest divisions of them all; you should have a survival training course when you enter this division. :bowdown:

I think the biggest winners here are the OLR team with all their hard work in keeping us all entertained. :cheers:

Phillip.

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-C04A4704008.zip
    113.5 KB · Views: 12
As we are now into the last week, (fingers crossed) give praise where praise is due.

Plus I maybe able to get my 1,000 posts before the year is out.

Well I better keep you talking then :lol:

I agree with giving praise and recognition, regardless of how close we are to curtains for Prologue...

EDK
As we wind down to the last days of Prologue WRS, I think it's still important to recognize strong performances and solid improvements.

👍

Nothing short of pure brilliance Maz, having drove for a living most of my working life I’m quiet smooth and can recognise a good line. You were good enough to let me view your replay in the week and I must admit did use the ghost for a number of laps.

Incredibly kind of you Phil, having raced you online I've noticed your improvements and smooth driving despite what you're up against :bowdown:

Although I could be with you sometimes or just pip you to the S-Curves (turns 3/4) due to a small mistake on the curb, your exit of turn 4 getting on the gas and just holding the back end was a killer.

I did wonder where I had dropped 0.05 to my best T1 of .800 but it wasn't ever obvious to me on my replay. Maybe it's because I quit this week basically after running the lap and so never used it as a ghost.

I would push hard and be back on your bumper at Gyaku Bank curve (turn 5/6) but then Dunlop, you must have an extra button on your G25 that says, ok rails here, you got on the gas and took off, I could not see how the gap would increase so much in one turn, and so it went on, Degner 2 I take a little more curb and back on ya tail again at the hairpin, exit again you fly off under the bridge.

Again, if that's the case then I was right in believing a .7 T1 was do-able, and hence overall a 2'27.2xx for a perfect run. From the first day of running I was doing Dunlop flat out, and any time I didn't do it full throttle I would restart. It just felt like the car could take it with the right line. I found it easier to stay in 3rd for Gyaku and take as wide a line a spossible into Dunlop, making sure the car wasn't still sort of going to the right when turning in, if that makes any sense.

Although you missed the apex at spoon 1 (maybe you planed to) your exit of spoon2, I’m just not going to go there, I just held the white flag out the window.

I always try to take Spoon 1's apex as absolutely late as possible to allow for as little turning as possible on the approach to Spoon 2. You need to be as straight as you can in order to turn in from the rumbles on Spoon 1 exit. I have to thank Chris here for advising me against using 2nd in Spoon 2 which I would have continued doing without his advice 👍 That was the key, get th enose in early and very early full throttle, because this car gripped amazingly well on N3.

If that is the standard that Division 1 gold has to do, you well deserve it Maz.

Many thanks again Phil, but having spent nearly every day on Prologue since May 2008 and 90% of it at Suzuka, this track flatters me far more than it should 👍

A little story you don’t have to read this if you wish, so you don’t think I’m blowing hot air. Imagine this, big executive car with two or three directors as passengers heading for Cardiff Arms Park (Wales) to watch the Rugby, their all drinking Champagne from fluted glasses and the bottle is stood in an ice bucket. As always your working on a very tight time frame to get to the park, or they’ll miss the kick off, but you can’t spill a drop, not easy by the time they’ve got into the second or third bottle with the roads in Wales.

:lol: That is a fantastic story, great image! Without a doubt the car control and smoothness required to make that kind of work a success will be paying dividends for you in your driving now on GT. If anything just the awareness and patience of careful and measured throttle application as opposed to just mashing it.

Well done Maz on the overall win, which I think many will agree was a total mismatch with the gearing of this car and the corners of Suzuka, but a great combo all the same. 👍

Phillip.

Yes absolutely, you might have also noticed instead of shifting I let the car hit the limiter in 3rd gear a couple of times, and the reason I wasn't initially using 3rd in Spoon 2 despite Kevin and Chris's advice was because it felt so sluggish with low revs. I desperately hope they fix the Evora's gearbox for GT5

All the best
Maz

Did you all shift down in 130R? I started by coasting through in fourth but found that by shifting down I could get the nose pointing in the right direction much quicker which meant earlier throttle.

Great lap Maz 👍

Congrats to all the other podiums... looks like there are a couple of D1 standard drivers hiding in D2 ;)

Will post replay from home tonight.

Did you all shift down in 130R? I started by coasting through in fourth but found that by shifting down I could get the nose pointing in the right direction much quicker which meant earlier throttle.

I found that I needed to shift down to 3rd in 130R but not for the purpose of getting the nose in, your braking and steering in 4th needed to accomplish that, the shift to 3rd I carried out at the apex for better exit acceleration 👍

All the best
Maz

:bowdown: w-g-e, superb lap time!! Congratulations for the well deserved win 👍

Congratulations to all podiums and Maz for the clear overal win.

Replay coming later :)
I don't think it's well deserved Sutuki. It's because of you that I won it so you should get the win.
And I should have listened to you about 3rd gear for spoon 2 and I didn't even know 3rd gear for 130R was quicker.
Thanks to Maz and Philip for their compliments.

Last edited:
Congrats to all the winers

Here is my replay:

Attachments

• GTP Nuclearfire WRS week 106.zip
    116.8 KB · Views: 9
GTP_Eriba
picture.php

Very nice, neat lap 👍. Was surprised at your exit to Casio, but I guess that is the shortest way to the flag. Also you used more lock/understeer than I dared, but you controlled it really well.

Here's mine - I'd really appreciate some constructive criticism to help me improve.

Attachments

• GTP_Renesis WRS 107.zip
    118.7 KB · Views: 9
Congrats to all podiums 👍 Impressive times.

With 3 participants in division 4 it's rather easy to get a podium :guilty:. My lap time was, I would say, ... not that good to deserve a podium. It's unfortunate that no more division 4 members participated.

Here's my replay:

Attachments

• gtp_bufalobranco_wrs_week_106.zip
    116.2 KB · Views: 8
GTP_Renesis
picture.php

“I'd really appreciate some constructive criticism to help me improve.”

Good tidy lap not a lot wrong with your timing and reactions, your loss of time was all down to the racing line you took.

If you get the chance watch the replay of (when posted) GTP_Synwraith (Maz) the racing line is almost perfect on this replay, also note how he does not try to race the car, but more keep a good avarage speed throughout the corners.

Then watch your own again, jump back in the Evora and try and nail those apexs, I bet you cut a second off your line time.

Phillip.

GTP_Renesis
picture.php

“I'd really appreciate some constructive criticism to help me improve.”

Good tidy lap not a lot wrong with your timing and reactions, your loss of time was all down to the racing line you took.

If you get the chance watch the replay of (when posted) GTP_Synwraith (Maz)

Phillip.

My replay is attached to the second post in the thread 👍

All the best
Maz

Lost a tenth in the 2nd corner, braked too early for spoon 1 and 2 and didn't take the fastest line through spoon 2 so a .7 T1 was certainly possible Maz.

Hopefully the good replay now:

Attachments

• WRS Week 106 GTP_w-g-e pal dlc.zip
    233.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Congrats to all podiums 👍 Impressive times.

With 3 participants in division 4 it's rather easy to get a podium :guilty:. My lap time was, I would say, ... not that good to deserve a podium. It's unfortunate that no more division 4 members participated.

Here's my replay:

I concur. I feel a little guilty getting a silver with only 3 competitors. I'm quite surprised by the podium. This was my first competition. Getting my feet wet before GT5. Now I'll have to get a replay posted (wasn't expecting that)

Can somebody check to see if my replay is posted correctly, as I need to know if it doesn't work before the deadline so I have time to go to the library and try again.

Can somebody check to see if my replay is posted correctly, as I need to know if it doesn't work before the deadline so I have time to go to the library and try again.

It's your replay from the OFC-1 at Eiger.

And it still shows as being corrupted.

I'm not sure what method you are using to zip the files, but it's likely that you need to try something different.

It would not hurt for another NTSC user to try, just in case.

Back