• Thread starter Omnis
  • 20 comments

Omnis

Not Even A Real Mod
Staff Emeritus
United States
Application hell
MP-Omnis

Dayum son. Looks pretty sweet. Can't wait to see the next gen Genesis.

Looks sharp! There's a nice mix of Jaguar and Maserati at the back, definitely a good thing. And they rest is a stylish version of the rest Hyundai's styling theme.

Looks sharp! There's a nice mix of Jaguar and Maserati at the back, definitely a good thing. And they rest is a stylish version of the rest Hyundai's styling theme.

Look 0:28

Definitely Aston Martin.

And anyway, all Hyundai is doing is ripping other constructors ..and it's working great for them.

Last edited:
It's not really ripping off. The last Azera's lights were similar, and many manufacturers use that same kind of clear center/red wrap around look. Maserati, Jaguar, and Aston Martin as has been mentioned, look similar. But even Subaru put that style to use.

And anyway, all Hyundai is doing is ripping other constructors ..and it's working great for them.

I totally disagree, Hyundai are carving a very distinctive look across the range which is there own. For that matter if you look hard enough you can see a bit of other manufacturers in every car, even the more established manufacturers.

Robin.

I'm getting kind of tired of these swoopy CLS knock-offs. I admit that Hyundai has done it very well with this car, and far than most of them manage to (including Hyundai themselves with the Sonata), but I would have liked to see them think more outside the box.

sketches of the new 2017 Azera/Grandeur
2017-Hyundai-Azera_Grandeur-6.jpg

2017-Hyundai-Azera_Grandeur-7.jpg

2017-Hyundai-Azera_Grandeur-4.jpg

2017-Hyundai-Azera_Grandeur-5.jpg
2017-Hyundai-Azera_Grandeur-2.jpg
2017-Hyundai-Azera_Grandeur-3.jpg

That's a lovely looking Mazda 6... oh.

Joking aside, it's quite a handsome car, but then again, most of the cars in this class are. This pilfers design features from all of them, too: the 6's front end, the Impala's rear shoulder/swage line, the Charger's basic taillight layout.

I like the bit of chrome alongside the bottom, though it needs a contrasting paint job to really stand out. Can we put an end to the ridiculously-exaggerated faux exhaust outlets, though?

That's fwd, right? I could use a baby genesis with a rwd v8. That would make this thing magnificent.

Considering how sumptuous even the Elantra is these days, and the strong value proposition that almost all of the current Hyundai lineup has, I think there is still an argument to be made in favor of the Azera compared to the G80. Here's hoping they stir the pot with the LaCrosse and offer up a big V6 and AWD.

So... Um, where does this fit?

Is it going to replace the Genesis sedan?
So instead of Accent(FWD)>Elantra(FWD) >Sonata(FWD)>Genesis(RWD/AWD)
It will be Accent(FWD)>Elantra(FWD) >Sonata(FWD)>Azera(FWD)?

Doesn't Kia have a KDM only counterpart to this called the Aslan?

Edit: Hyundai. But how exactly does that stand in their market?

Back