165mph in 1st gear in a RX-7 RS w/stock Tranny...wtf??/

• Thread starter Option2
  • 19 comments
yO....earlier today I bought an RX-7 RX (don't know the year), upgraded every engine proformance part and took it to the 1000m test run....the car didn't need to shift out of 1st gear. Took it to the Max Speed test and the car ran 165mph in first gear. I went back and check the tranny settings and the final drive (with stock tranny) was 1.0024.....anybody else have this, or is it a glitch?????

This I've gotta see...reminds be of a Speed 12/Prius hybrid I once created. Back in a bit.

Year '82 was first gen, any cars after '83 in GT2 are 2nd gen, and anything after '91 is 3rd gen.....

BTW, slide the first gear all the way to the right. It will make the gear shorter....but it sounds like some glitch to me. Have you tried using manual?

It was an RX7 RB actually. I'm fairly certian it's a glitched game, good thing I haven't saved it yet. I've begun to have trouble with a ZZIII now too.

Yeah, I tried the '97 and '98 RS, with stock trannies. Both shifted at 40-50mph...so maybe I'll try the RBs

Can you tell us what year? (1996,97,98)

Hell,There are sample cars in GT3 the Sample 001 001 Has 1,2,3,4,5,6 gear ratio of 69.xxx It can go 230 mph in one gear!!! Want me to post a pic? :eek:

Well, the game is glitched...for sure.

I took that Tommy K ZZIII to the Mid Engine race, I launched in 1st and the damn thing did a WHEEL-STAND all the way through 2nd gear~!!!!!. I went to the first corner, made a right turn and the car went up on it's two left wheels.

It was like I was driving a lowrider (with hydros) with no gravity. I'd make a slight turn going ~10mph and the inside rear wheel would come up off the ground. I'd mash the gas and it'd do a wheelstand, I'd hit the brake and the car would stand on it's nose. (like an "endo" on a bike.....grab the front brake to hard).

This glitch was pretty cool though.......but I didn't save it, so no "corurptted memory card" for me. (yes, that's spelled wrong)

...sadly, I hit the reset button...so no more 1000M wheelstands.

You'll find it in the GT3 forum, rest assured. Even I browse it every so often, just to see what's up.

It takes to long to browse the gt3 forum, there are so many threads there, I MUST NOT GET GT3, I MUST SAVE GT2, KEEP LOYAL!

I'll hone my GT3 skills on my bros' PS2 until I'm bored enough to buy my own.

(no, not my "brothers"...."bro" is a bodybuilder slang for "buddy", "friend", "pal".........don't email me anymore asking about my "brother")

no but one time it said my escdo had 200,300,456 hp and its wait was zero and i was like holy crap so i went to race it and it would not move a inch

I have a re-occuring glitch in one of my memory cards that raises TQ to 5000k +, and displays a weight of 10lbs. Take'em to race, and they only acclerate up to a certian speed......seems like a slipping clutch. It's odd.

Back