Kent

Retired
Staff Emeritus
United States
Southern Louisiana
GTP_Kent
I just did another hybrid.

This time it was on a diablo.

Only slight mods were done... I did a diablo, everything stock, then added a stage 3 na tune from one of the fastest possible picks. For some reason, when I started the game and ran the sucker, I thought I had something really fun.

A 1400+ hp diablo.

Then in sim mode, I ran the sucker and it didn't start moving like normal. Then I noticed that the accelerator was turning on and off and pushing me backwards... only a second later I hit the reverse button and started moving forward.

Sure enough, it was in reverse, only one gear and pushing me forward. That one reverse gear carried me to over 180 mph.

Im wondering if this has happend to you guys and what in the world could have caused it.

Luckily I didn't get a game freeze and in the end I just sold the sucker so its not in my garage or anything.

But I've gotta ask, whats the deal with this?

btw, it could have to do with the beetle stage 3 na tune I used:confused:

The Diablo gearbox, amongst others, has this glitch.

Merely go to the in-game settings menu, click AutoGear one click left (or right), then back again, and it should work just fine. :D

COUGH i learned how to make mine to to 220 easy, along with gear box change, parts with major horse power, and now a somewhat esential part for every body, the power multiplier, but yeah, famine is right/

Going to the in-game settings will fix your foward gear ratios. However, it doesn't fix your reverse, that you have to edit through the .ini file on your computer. Just clarifying a minor detail.

That would work for a high speed reverse, which seems pointless, especially since it would take forever to reach those speeds in reverse without thousands of HP. Usually setting your reverse to something close to this:
240=-3001

That is a good reverse setting for all transmissions that happen to glitch when swapping them through MK's.

i tried that but i think i did the coding wrong, it ended up crashing my game so i just left it alone. I have a problem with my 996 though, its 6 gear is revers...

Bonzhel
Going to the in-game settings will fix your foward gear ratios. However, it doesn't fix your reverse, that you have to edit through the .ini file on your computer. Just clarifying a minor detail.

The way I fix the situation is to go to the "change parts" screen, transmission icon. just hit the "X" button over the "racing" selection and everything is worked out. I hit X a few times just to be sure. Don't why it sorts the ratios, but works like a champ. If it still is not not working right for you, select the "normal" tranny, don't exit, reselect "racing", exit (not the Triangle button) and everything should be tops.
should

i had a toyota gt1 that did that in gt2 what happend was when it got to about 120mph i hit x and it took off like a rocket...or i just waited until the green light came on and then hit x

Latest Posts

Back