1st of September

• Thread starter Carlos
  • 39 comments

Carlos

Premium
Netherlands
Netherlands
So, whats the big difference between my Japanese PSP and the European PSP? Becaus some of my friend rather wait on 1st of Sept then import a Japanese PSP where the updates are sooner for..? They say movies, but I thought Japanese and European were the same??

My Game store said there were some bug fixes, but I searched the internet but nothing was said about that.

It's coming out tommorow I can't wait!

I was going to buy one when I was on holiday (hell of alot cheaper) but then decided that I really dont want to get on to the PSP bandwagon.....having to buy games for it that are like ps2 ones etc etc, rather save up for a PS3.........even though the PSP is one cool piece of kit......

I cant believe they are gonna charge about £180 here for it.....what a joke...its like £120 in Hong Kong......

Robin 2223
....having to buy games for it that are like ps2 ones etc etc, rather save up for a PS3.........even though the PSP is one cool piece of kit......

Buy Lumines theres no game like it on PS2 It is a "port" able Playstation after all :)

I do own 3 games and I'm very pleased with them since I researched them before buying.

Yeah, tomorrow some of my friends are going to buy a PSP. Hella cool. Especially when classes are boring.. Here in Free Record Shop (it's a store..) you can get 3games, and pay 2! But I can't even affort 1 so.. lol!! But they have much stuff for the PSP so I'm thinking about a protector for the screen. Not that my screen is ugly or something, just in case someone hates me and thinks, Yeh, let's ruin his PSP..!

Not long now, still waiting patiently, just. :D

P.S, Being annoying here, but Neocrox, please change the spelling to "September" instead of "Septembre" in the thread title, it's very annoying. ;)

:P

When i get a PSP (sometime in the next month or 2) i will be definatly getting F1, probably FIFA 06, maybe Burnout legends, definatly WRC if its out and same with GT4.

How about a mini DFP for GT4:D

DFP on GT4 won't work for now.. Becaus you have to put a USB cable that has the same end as a photo camera.. (Retail cable if I'm right..)

Yeah I'll change topic title ;)

And GT4 is coming out in March so.. GT Fan you have to wait, as we all have to do... :( Much games get launched on 1 of Sept so.. And people, why are you waiting so patiently for the EUR PSP? You could get a Japanese PSP for long time..?

Cosmic
There is already one....the analog.

How does that work? you can use it like a wheel?

@ Neocrox, im waiting patiently because i have to :D i dont have any money until i get a job, and i havnt really though about getting one until i played one today.

Analog S*CKS!!! It's not like one on the controler of the PS2... You don't have the feeling it moves... It only moves 1cm or something..?

This Analog really goes a bit from horizontal to vertical. The PSP analog is just moving left.. It stays vertical.. I hope you understand it.. :crazy:

GT Fan, what do you mean?

Who bought it today? I went to Free Record Shop for some stuff for my PSP.. NOTHING!! Blah darn them!

Well, I got the PSP a few hours ago and am pretty pleased. Wipeout Pure plays fine and the sound was better than I thought. I got a UMD with it showing footage of PSP games out now and later on. Plus, it had a software update on it, to version 2.0 which includes new files types you can use for videos and photos, a web browser, a wallpaper for the PSP main screen and other stuff.

Plus, I have a bit of a problem. I used a USB cable to transfur photos to the PSP. I put a few jpeg pics on it and it says there's no photos on it. I check to see whether memory has been used up, and yes, 2 mb has been used so the photos are on there. I tried with a few small car videos too, and nothing (I'm not sure what file names PSP can recognise for videos, MP4 and two others with update). I cannot figure out why it can't find the jpeg images. :confused:

Hahaha! LOL! Ah well.. Here is what you gotto do:

Open the 'removeble disc' thing.. Open PSP folder, if it's not there, create it..
In that folder, make this:

Put your photos in the PHOTOS map, music in MUSIC and so on..

Ok, for MP4's.. Download Video9.. http://www.pspvideo9.com/

Install and run.. create the map MP_ROOT.. Not in the PSP folder, next to it..

K, now.. Run Video9 and install it, get your PSP connected and run it.. If it hasn't found the PSP select the folder.. Convert a new movie. Go to C:\Program Files\pspvideo9\ and copie the folder MP_ROOT. I just let you created it, it wasn't really needed caus you have to copie this and overwrite the MP_ROOT you created.. Now go to MOVIES and if everything went well, you have your first movie on it!

Neocrox
Hahaha! LOL! Ah well.. Here is what you gotto do:

Open the 'removeble disc' thing.. Open PSP folder, if it's not there, create it..
In that folder, make this:

Put your photos in the PHOTOS map, music in MUSIC and so on..
OK, I've done that, and I drag the jpeg photos I want into the PHOTOS folder, disconnect PSP from PC, go to the photos section on the PSP browser and it say no Digital Camera images found. :odd:

They for sure are on the PSP because memory is taken up.

Holding it in my hands now, (it's sleeping at the moment, needs NRG). But what a fine piece of hardware it is. A family friend just came over and was mightly impressed by it, my mum is complaining about me spending too much money on it though 👍 👎

I'm not sure wether to get a psp or not. 98% i've heard is good, but i'm not sure if i'd use it enough. Although being able to play gt4 on it might entice me more ...

I'll have to wait a while though - i only have £70 in cash at the moment, and £10 of whsmiths vouchers. I'll have to wait atleast a month, and by then i probably won't have the time to use it :(

I might just have to buy one for the hell of it, they look too damn nice ...

Just got mine today, and I love it already 👍. But like an idiot I didnt buy any games, so only that demo disc for me to drool over at the mo! Got a few MP3s a few pics and a vid on the mem stick too, but 32mb is nowhere near enough, so I'm gonna buy a bigger 1 soon. Ordered a few accessories from Play.com too 👍 I'll go buy TOCA 2 and Ridge Racer 2moro, any other games I should look at?

Ridge Racer will hopefully rock my socks until i get NFSU Rivals (which looks awesome). Didn't like the look of Colin McRae to be honest, although Toca looks alright. Will start renting games out as soon as Blockbusters starts packing them that way i'll know which is best to buy next :sly:

d12dotcom
Just got mine today, and I love it already 👍. But like an idiot I didnt buy any games, so only that demo disc for me to drool over at the mo! Got a few MP3s a few pics and a vid on the mem stick too, but 32mb is nowhere near enough, so I'm gonna buy a bigger 1 soon. Ordered a few accessories from Play.com too 👍 I'll go buy TOCA 2 and Ridge Racer 2moro, any other games I should look at?
Look at Wipeout Pure, I have it and it's a great game. 👍

Argh i so badly want one but my parents keep going 'we spent so much on your ps2, we aint letting you just forget bout all that and move onto somin new' so now i gotta raise my own money for one, which sucks becasue the means a saturday job to coinside with my a-level studying...

I promise you though, one day, one day i will be playing with the rest of you lucky
🤬

G.T
Look at Wipeout Pure, I have it and it's a great game. 👍

In fact, get Wipeout Pure BEFORE you get TOCA, if you ever even get TOCA. I wouldn't, you're probably better off waiting for TOCA 2 or something.

Bee
Argh i so badly want one but my parents keep going 'we spent so much on your ps2, we aint letting you just forget bout all that and move onto somin new' so now i gotta raise my own money for one, which sucks becasue the means a saturday job to coinside with my a-level studying...

I promise you though, one day, one day i will be playing with the rest of you lucky
🤬

lol I can't believe you haven't got a job already! That's mega lazy ;) I had a job for both years of my A Levels, my parents would never have bought me my PS2 if it wasn't for my birthday, they would've said 'get it yourself' :indiff:

And the only reason i've got my PSP now is because i've worked for it. You never know, you might enjoy having some money to throw around, i know i do :)

Back