2 very quick laps of cote...

• Thread starter ving
  • 11 comments
I decided to have a quick race at cote this morning...

2 laps.
My car: Astra (no upgrades, all settings stock)
the field:
denso sard supra
falcon xr8
castrol toms supra
clk touring car
penzoil skyline

started last place on the grid, as per usual turning up too late to qualify... dang my sleep ins!

I sit there quietly eyeing off the butts of the competition, thier exhast fumes intoxicating.

GREEN!! and we are off!

I head down the insidetaking the falcon and clk before the first corner, slipping into 3rd place after some heavyish braking.
Nearly in a hypnotic state watching the leader zig zag up the hill I almost forget to brake I go wide and am not set up properly for the next corner losing a spot but gaining it again in the tight stuff goind down the hill.

heading down the back straight towards the chicane i take 2nd... then in another late braking manuver, 1st place.

from here I quickly extend a substantial lead with a very clean rest of the lap.

1.50.XX very slow lap that one!!!

The opposition now vanishes from my rear view mirror and another quickish lap flashes by to give me a substantial win...

Q: why do the AI feel the need to zig zag up the first hill?
A: ?????

in conclusion, the astra has to be one of the quickest FR cars in the game, and best of handling too.

I've noticed that too. It's because the AI follows the line of the road, and is too stupid to straight-line that hill.

Originally posted by DoZeRxXx
because i think the real life f1 drivers zig zag up the hill dont they?

Real F1 drivers zig-zag during the warm-up lap and during safety cars so that they can maintain heat in the tires.

the AI cars a fully over exagerated ive noticed that on a few tracks...but yeah the f1's dont zig zag up that hill they race as straight as possible...hence what a racing line is...daa daa!!

Back