20 million credits for free!

There’s a difference between technicalities and practicalities.

Money has a known and accepted value.

Sony and/or PD would have to prove in court that virtual cars in a video game, that can be acquired by simply playing the game you have already paid for, have a real cash value before they could prove theft.

As far as I'm aware, there’s no precedent established (I may be wrong) for this, and if so, a test case would take ages (likely years) to come to court… Courts have more important things to deal with than this.

Civil (not criminal) courts are specifically for this kind of nonsense.

Like I said, I suspect it won't go ahead, but if it did, the more complex it was and the longer it took, the better in Sony\PDs eyes, as I suspect they have much deeper pockets for their legal team. Often in these kinds of cases, it doesn't matter who is right, as it can be made so expensive, that it's easier and cheaper for the average person to not bother to fight, even if they've genuinely been wronged.

This doesn't work for people who bought the psn version.
*edit* my gt6 file i the game data utility is only 28kb and it only has the dlc key files.

Last edited:
1. Obtain the Mercedes
2. Quit Game > Game Data Utility > Delete GT6 File for 1.01 patch.
3. Restart GT6, click cancel "O", when it asks you to update to 1.01.
4. Go into your garage, sell the car.
5. Quit game and exit to XMB.
6. Start game, download patch, and spend 20,000,000 credits.

Or

1. Obtain the Mercedes
6. Start game, download patch, and spend 20,000,000 credits on 20 Mercs.
7. Delete the GT6 1.01 patch
8. Start the game, without downloading the patch
9. Sell the merc and spend 20,000,000 on al the the cars you'd like. Then sell another merc to get 20,000,000. (You can do that 20 times!
10. Be sure to keep at least 1,000,000 credits. Then exit game
11. Start GT6 with updating the patch
12. Buy the merc.

Repeat 'till you get bored, or have all the cars;)

Like I said, I suspect it won't go ahead, but if it did, the more complex it was and the longer it took, the better in Sony\PDs eyes, as I suspect they have much deeper pockets for their legal team. Often in these kinds of cases, it doesn't matter who is right, as it can be made so expensive, that it's easier and cheaper for the average person to not bother to fight, even if they've genuinely been wronged.

Yes, of course civil – if you took this to the Police they would laugh their heads off :lol:

It somewhat depends how Sony/PD managed it, but I don’t see a good outcome for them either way.

Assuming they can actually tell if you have glitched or not…

If they pursued 1 gamer to establish a precedent, then yes, it might be difficult for him/her to defend the prosecution from a financial perspective. But Sony/PD would need to do this in every country as a precedent would need to be established under each countries individual legal system… so the legal costs would end up being huge and this would be risky for them if they didn’t get the ruling they were looking for.

If they pursued everyone who’d done it in one country, then those individuals could defend themselves as a group and legal costs would be manageable across the group... I'm sure there would be a lawyer or law company that would defend them at relatively low cost as the publicity for them would be great.

I still think taking either of these actions would be viewed very poorly by the general public, and would generate horrendous bad publicity for Sony/PD… imagine how the papers would react to a huge corporation taking a child to court in this way (GT might have a slightly older profile than most games, but many gamers will still be under 16.

They might win the battle, but they would certainly lose the war.

Last edited:
I don't believe any legal action will come of this whatsoever. Rockstar has had money glitches non stop in GTA5 that completely ruined their attempts to sell cash cards to players, people who used those glitches still have everything in game after months of playing, and only rumors of a few people getting banned on xbox have been seen.

For people with jobs or those who just want to race online this is a decent option to get some modded cars to be competitive.

1. Obtain the Mercedes
6. Start game, download patch, and spend 20,000,000 credits.

If you want to do it multiple times, then make sure you buy another Mercedes before you spend all the money. Then once you get low on money you can delete the file again, and repeat the process. As long as you have the Mercedes in your garage you can always delete the file and do the glitch again.

So, now that i already have the mercedes, i only need to delete the GT6 file right? And do the next steps aftwards!

I still think taking either of these actions would be viewed very poorly by the general public, and would generate horrendous bad publicity for Sony/PD… imagine how the papers would react to a huge corporation taking a child to court in this way (GT might have a slightly older profile than most games, but many gamers will still be under 16.

They might win the battle, but they would certainly lose the war.

I think this is the tricky bit, if they go ahead, it looks bad for their reputation, if they let people get away with this, it looks bad, especially for the people who have paid them money through buying credits.

Upsetting the masses is not a good idea, but neither is upsetting the people who actually pay for credits. Pretty crappy situation all round.

Exit the game, delete the 1.01 patch and restart the game without downloading the update...
Where is the 1.01 patch? I only ask this because my gt6 file is only 28kb and the only info it has is about the dlc key files (the anniversary edition cars).
My gt6 is the psn version.

I wonder what will happen when a free tool to alter credits is released for GT6 :) It's going to happen a lot sooner than in GT5 :sly: Some may even able to do it now by themselves.

Where is the 1.01 patch? I only ask this because my gt6 file is only 28kb and the only info it has is about the dlc key files (the anniversary edition cars).
My gt6 is the psn version.

I've deleted my game and are re-downloading the game, I'm almost certain I was prompted to download update 1.01 when I first loaded the game, if not then we are stuffed. I'll let you know how it goes!

Ummm, why would they take you to court for this(which is not hacking) when they didn't even bother to ban a lot of the people who were hacking in GT5. Makes no sense:rolleyes:

After performing this "glitch", there is an error with my anniversary cars. It stated that "there is something wrong with the car and that I should download the data once again". I did as advised but it did not seem to cure the problem?

I suppose this acts as both a question (for those who know the remedy to this) and a heads up for those who are planning to do this.

After performing this "glitch", there is an error with my anniversary cars. It stated that "there is something wrong with the car and that I should download the data once again". I did as advised but it did not seem to cure the problem?

I suppose this acts as both a question (for those who know the remedy to this) and a heads up for those who are planning to do this.

Just re-enter your codes once you've finished and they will come back.

Can this glitch even get patched? The disc requires no install to start the game.

I used this glitch, but I don't feel like I cheated the game because the tyre/PP restrictions in single player. I just grinded enough low payout races for the rest of my life in GT5 (Like the Win Indy 100k credits race anyone?...). I might add, if the prices for credits pack weren't as high, I would have bought them instead.

The average person when in court does not need to spend a single pound, it's free there is no charge.
You do not need a team or to purchase any assistance.
The court favours the layman. The more complex the matter is the more likely the judge will use that to make the member of public the winner. It's when business vs business are in court that things can get escalated and expensive.
Depends what country you live in though.

I've deleted my game and are re-downloading the game, I'm almost certain I was prompted to download update 1.01 when I first loaded the game, if not then we are stuffed. I'll let you know how it goes!
Wow, having to redownload 15gb and then the 1.2gb.

Wow, having to redownload 15gb and then the 1.2gb.

I have a 200gb limit which I never get close to using, even last month when I got my xbox one and downloaded next gen Forza 5, Fifa 14, NBA 2K14, Madden 14 and 3-4 other games. I could do this every 2nd night if I was keen! That said I'm stuck on 99% when preparing the background download so it might still fail!

Last edited:
The

The patch updates the digital copy directly, so you have to delete the whole game to go back to 1.00. If you have the disc but you can load 1.00 from that without deleting the digital copy and switch back and forth between 1.00 and 1.01 without having to update between. ;-)

PD could make 1.01 saved games not work in 1.00. Simples as that... As it was in GT5. lol

I´m not going to try this since I don´t want to loose or damage my saved data. Just in case. I have 1 million credits, 50 cars, Anniversary Edition ones, and more than 50% of the game completed...imagine if something happens.

I will play the game as it is. PSN version here.
If something happens you can play for another 3 days and be back at 50% again.

Dont you think the glitch could be intentional? Maybe pd doesnt support the microtransaction thing as that was probably a sony idea? I also think this glitch may even help them sell more games as most people want to just enjoy the cars instead of grinding for days.

I also think it can not be patched as you just have to keep an old save with the mercedes car on a usb stick so if you downgrade to 1.0 you can use that. If they change the save format they have to keep it compatable with the older versions. So a new save on the old version could stop working then, but an old save would be upgraded to the new save system.

Dont you think the glitch could be intentional? Maybe pd doesnt support the microtransaction thing as that was probably a sony idea? I also think this glitch may even help them sell more games as most people want to just enjoy the cars instead of grinding for days.

I also think it can not be patched as you just have to keep an old save with the mercedes car on a usb stick so if you downgrade to 1.0 you can use that. If they change the save format they have to keep it compatable with the older versions. So a new save on the old version could stop working then, but an old save would be upgraded to the new save system.

Read my post above :)

Back