20 million credits for free!

Hi there,

I have re-entered them but it does not seem to work? Any further pointers would be appreciated!
No it doesn't work since that code is used.

You need just go to psn store downloaded list and download them there again đź‘Ť

Dont you think the glitch could be intentional? Maybe pd doesnt support the microtransaction thing as that was probably a sony idea? I also think this glitch may even help them sell more games as most people want to just enjoy the cars instead of grinding for days.

I also think it can not be patched as you just have to keep an old save with the mercedes car on a usb stick so if you downgrade to 1.0 you can use that. If they change the save format they have to keep it compatable with the older versions. So a new save on the old version could stop working then, but an old save would be upgraded to the new save system.

Why do some people think PD and Kaz are some kind of Robin Hood saints battling the corporate evil of Sony? I really don't get it.

It is just an unintentional glitch that will be patched sooner than later.

I'd usually not participate in exploits, but low reward pay outs and ridiculously priced micro transactions have made me quite happy that this little glitch surfaced.

I don't have GT5.1 but I'm thrilled about this glitch. Good luck collecting real cash for credits now Sony.

this is like the birthday gift glitch that surfaced within days of GT5's release, but on a much much bigger scale.

Dont you think the glitch could be intentional? Maybe pd doesnt support the microtransaction thing as that was probably a sony idea? I also think this glitch may even help them sell more games as most people want to just enjoy the cars instead of grinding for days.

I also think it can not be patched as you just have to keep an old save with the mercedes car on a usb stick so if you downgrade to 1.0 you can use that. If they change the save format they have to keep it compatable with the older versions. So a new save on the old version could stop working then, but an old save would be upgraded to the new save system.
Interesting theory there.

I just watched the video and it seems to me that maybe this was planned out for some reason. I find it strange that a major gaming site would tell the world about this. It is like a gift of sorts from PD. Maybe just maybe this is PD's way of giving everyone a chance at free credits for being a early buyer before the next patch. If I remember correctly PD did say there will be a December patch. Also seeing that the BMW might show up tomorrow tells me maybe the patch will be this week.
Just a thought I had. I wonder if the #2055 has any sort of meaning.......đź’ˇ:odd:

What if I save the data file to a USB, do the glitch, and instead of re-downloading 1.01 (and wasting GB's), I place the data file on my USB back onto the PS3. Will this still work?
Think of what you just wrote?
You asked if you can make a backup, do the glitch, and then reload the backup. You'll be right where you started. Or am I reading it wrong?

PD could make 1.01 saved games not work in 1.00. Simples as that... As it was in GT5. lol

Not exactly. They could make 1.02 saved games not work in 1.00.
This doesn't seem like one of their 'modular' things they can patch on the fly like they do with the prices of cars.

As said before they have to also force people to update directly from 1.00 to 1.02 to ban this glitch. Considering the fact that this glitch likely costs PD/Sony money, they probably will do something like this.

Sorry, what you say does actually make more sense. If they were to remove the 1.01 update from the servers and put a new one in place that has a changed saved game structure it would remove the glitch.

Think of what you just wrote?
You asked if you can make a backup, do the glitch, and then reload the backup. You'll be right where you started. Or am I reading it wrong?

You read it wrong. I think @JOEBEEZ means a backup of the 1.01 data file, not the save game file.

Last edited:
Odd.. Something still seems strange about this. I'm not saying this is a robin hood theory at all like others have bashed about. I just think it is very out of the norm for a gaming site to release a hiccup like this to the public.
I'm on the fence about trying this. Sure it would be nice to have the 20 million pad right now but the game is less than a week old and I have near 1.5 million earned and have only bought a few wanted low cost cars. (2002 Turbo, Ferrari Dino)
Sure the "grind" will be tough but to me it is not really a grind. I have 40+ cars in my garage now( 15th anvi pack) and still have 60% of the game to finish. I guess to me the 20 million is cool but over time I have the feeling I'll have everything I want. GT7 is along ways out and I played GT5 for ever. I amassed over 50,000 miles on GT5. I have the feeling that GT6 will not be any different

Not exactly. They could make 1.02 saved games not work in 1.00.
This doesn't seem like one of their 'modular' things they can patch on the fly like they do with the prices of cars.

As said before they have to also force people to update directly from 1.00 to 1.02 to ban this glitch. Considering the fact that this glitch likely costs PD/Sony money, they probably will do something like this.

You read it wrong. I think @JOEBEEZ means a backup of the 1.01 data file, not the save game file.

PD could have made 1.01 data impossible to read in 1.00. That was my point. Now of course they need a 1.02 to patch it.

Odd.. Something still seems strange about this. I'm not saying this is a robin hood theory at all like others have bashed about. I just think it is very out of the norm for a gaming site to release a hiccup like this to the public.
I'm on the fence about trying this. Sure it would be nice to have the 20 million pad right now but the game is less than a week old and I have near 1.5 million earned and have only bought a few wanted low cost cars. (2002 Turbo, Ferrari Dino)
Sure the "grind" will be tough but to me it is not really a grind. I have 40+ cars in my garage now( 15th anvi pack) and still have 60% of the game to finish. I guess to me the 20 million is cool but over time I have the feeling I'll have everything I want. GT7 is along ways out and I played GT5 for ever. I amassed over 50,000 miles on GT5. I have the feeling that GT6 will not be any different

At the end of the day is not the amount of cars you have...is what you really want to drive the most important. It is good to have a lot so you can compare them and once online have a variety of cars to choose from without having to avoid races and all.
Yet I´m getting my favourites since in GT5 I tried to get all playing all alone (no trading or such things), now is different...I´m enjoying the physics and the driving since I couldn´t do that in GT5. Having the great track selection and the right cars is more than enough. ;)

I wonder, if they patch this, if they can trace on your account where your 20million credits came from (the +333million ect), and just redact that from your records?

Its interesting, because if that were the case, what about all of the cars you bought with that money? And money your earnt as a result of those cars, man this thing goes derper.

And what if, before you use this glitch, you already spend money in micro-transactions? :lol:

If they made 1.0 saves incompatible with a 1.02 update then anyone who has been playing honestly on v1.0 would lose everything after the update.

I would think the best they can do is alter the v1.01 update so that the cars in your garage are completely incompatible with v1.0. And probably remove the ability to sell high value cars.

Kinda tempted to do this once. It looks like the the sort of thing Sony / PD would take a very, very dim view of however...

Still, very, very tempted. The in game rewards are that paltry it practically begs you to do it....

Undecided yet.

with digital version is a lot harder... I i think you need 2 PS3 :S Not sure though.

If they made 1.0 saves incompatible with a 1.02 update then anyone who has been playing honestly on v1.0 would lose everything after the update.

I would think the best they can do is alter the v1.01 update so that the cars in your garage are completely incompatible with v1.0. And probably remove the ability to sell high value cars.

No, they would make the 1.02 saves incompatible with 1.00. That is different :)

Any pre 1.02 save game would get updated to the new format, but you won't be able to load your save game in 1.0 again. This would make this glitch impossible.

Back