20 million credits for free!

i played GT1 to GT6
I drive daily an audi TTRS '10 which is not in the game :confused:

why do i play GT6?? simply to experience different cars and enjoy their sounds.

each of us is having a life outside GT.so i prefer to enjoy all the cars and enjoy my life as well and not to grind forever.

If PD rectified the glitch and deleted the garage then i will not connect my PS3 to the network and will enjoy the 1200 cars i bought with GT6 by myself.

It is an absolute shame is it not? I was a die-hard Sony and Gran Turismo fan. From PS1-4 and GT1-6. I have however now mixed it up. I have Microsoft products as well and titles from GT's rival T10. If I may be completely honest with you and the rest of the GTPlanet members who read this, Forza Motorsport 5 is a phenomenal game. Sure, it has micro-transactions as well, but there are key differences between GT6 and FM5. The graphics, intelligent AI (Drivatar), vehicle and damage modeling, physics and sound effects are incredibly realistic. For example, I am quite familiar with Hondas/Acuras and the sound of their engines, as I drive a Honda-powered race car. I was absolutely amazed when I can actually hear the engine's transition into VTEC and the realistic redline for each specific vehicle. The attention to detail is amazing. When you install a turbocharger, you hear the turbine spool, the wastegate pressurize, the blow-off valve release and you actually see a front mount intercooler. More so, T10 actually analyze FM5s game play data and statistics and continually adjust the economy (payouts, vehicle pricing) based on the response of the players and community. T10 studies if players are playing, and if not, why not? Are the cars too expensive? Are the players not earning enough? T10 actually follows the forums. Now, when was the last time GT/Sony/Kaz and the crew did that?

This is directly quoted from T10's most recent WIR (Week In Review).

"ECONOMY CHANGES
This content update includes the first wave of adjustments to the Forza 5 economy, which we initially announced in early December. These adjustments are based on player behavior within the game, as well as feedback received from the Forza Motorsport community. First of all, we are dramatically increasing the rate at which credits are being earned in the game. For example, driver level payouts have more than doubled (from just over 15,000 credits to 35,000 credits). Players using average difficulty settings will also see approximately a 60 percent increase in credits earned per hour of play -- a number that can dramatically increase by upping the Drivatar difficulty and assist settings used during races. Wherever your skill level lies, however, you’ll be earning more credits per hour in Forza Motorsport 5 to spend on the cars that matter most to you."

"The cars that matter most to you." I wish PD/Sony/Kaz would take on this philosophy.

Speaking of Drivatar, I have to admit that this is perhaps one of the slickest features I have seen implemented in a racing game in a very long time. If you are unfamiliar, Drivatar is a system that studies your driving style. This data is uploaded to the cloud so that when your friends are playing in the offline career, your drivatar will drive for you in the race with your own personal driving characteristics.

I consider myself to be a fairly competent driver. A buddy of mine recently messaged me saying, "Dude. Your Drivatar is on my arse!" It brought a smile to my face. :)

Oh, and the Drivatar earns money from these races while you are away. That brought an even bigger smile to my face. :)
be gone temptress! I have to admit i was quite shocked when i won a race series' and didn't get a car like how previous games were....

If PD rectified the glitch and deleted the garage then i will not connect my PS3 to the network and will enjoy the 1200 cars i bought with GT6 by myself.
If PD did that, i'll use the game disc as a coaster

Are glitchers cheaters? Well maybe, but so are those that buy credits from PD, and that is now a legal part of the game.
Hypothetical question:

Gamer A spends 3 months grinding the Sunday Cup to make 20M credits and buys a GT40.

Gamer B spends $130 at the Playstation Store in 5 minutes to buy 20M credits and buys a GT40.

Gamer C spends 30 minutes using the glitch to get 20M credits and buys a GT40.

Gamers A, B, and C all enter the same online race with their GT40s. Gamer C comes in first, A comes in second, and B comes in third. Based on these results, which gamer is the cheater and why? Now imagine you're Gamer D, who hosted the online race. How are you going to tell the difference between gamers A, B, and C? The one and only answer is, you can't.

The point is, having tons of credits, regardless of how you acquired them, has no bearing on how you drive the car and subsequently win or lose a race - there is still an element of skill required to have an advantage over other racers. By that reasoning, using the glitch doesn't make you a cheater. Now, if you were using a hex editor to change game saves or game data to give yourself something like a 750PP Honda Fit and use that to smoke people in online races, THAT is cheating.

Last edited:
I've come a bit up the ranks now, and I'm starting to struggle getting cars that are good enough for races. I can't remember this ever being the case in GT5, at least you got prize cars who you could tune to fit races.

You can always say "you should just practice and you'll win hard races even with crap cars" but I don't have that much time.

I bet that within a week I have either:
a) done the glitch
or
b) put GT6 away, spending time on something enjoyable instead

because at the moment, GT6 isn't very enjoyable

Hopefully the seasonals can raise the game

Hypothetical question:

Gamer A spends 3 months grinding the Sunday Cup to make 20M credits and buys a GT40.

Gamer B spends $130 at the Playstation Store in 5 minutes to buy 20M credits and buys a GT40.

Gamers A, B, and C all enter the same online race with their GT40s. Gamer C comes in first, A comes in second, and B comes in third.

Gamer A, spending 3 months in career mode, obviously lost the online race because he assumed that everybody else would slow down and let him pass on the last lap.

Hypothetical question:

Gamers A, B, and C all enter the same online race with their GT40s. Gamer C comes in first, A comes in second, and B comes in third. Based on these results, which gamer is the cheater and why? Now imagine you're Gamer D, who hosted the online race. How are you going to tell the difference between gamers A, B, and C? The one and only answer is, you can't.

The point is, having tons of credits, regardless of how you acquired them, has no bearing on how you drive the car and subsequently win or lose a race - there is still an element of skill required to have an advantage over other racers. By that reasoning, using the glitch doesn't make you a cheater. Now, if you were using a hex editor to change game saves or game data to give yourself something like a 750PP Honda Fit and use that to smoke people in online races, THAT is cheating.

you forgot Gamer D that doesn't have time to grind, doesn't want to glitch or pay for credits and still drives a Honda Fit

I think the microtransaction thing could be good if it was not so expensive, I mean who in their right mind is going to pay over a hundred pounds or dollars for a virtual car? they should have made it cheaper, its so typical with these companies ( I blame sony ) make it cheaper and everyone would proberbly grab a few virtual credits. The most annoying thing is that this is most likely the reason for the lack of prize cars and slow progress, like someone commented above, complete the dream car championship and no prize car?...not good

As it stands, I'm glad I bought GT6 instead of a PS4, because now I know I have no reason to buy a PS4 or to wait for GT7. This will in all likelihood be my last iteration of this franchise. The rush to microtransactions has instead had the effect of Sony losing me as a customer after buying every GT title....
The same for me.
Sony or PD made a bad copy of T10´s way of making money in Forza 4. But a real bad copy!
Or ist the target audience for GT6 only the guy´s who have no family, propably no job and are able to hang 10 hours a day on the console?
I ever thought that GT is for the petrol heads, for people how love cars...so let us enjoy these 1200 cars by only paying once!

You're still glitching it even though the events have had their payouts increased? And there's a planned seasonal which is set to pay a ridiculously high amount now? Hmm. I can understand the idea of doing the glitch to evade having to grind (which it would have been for those 20 million credit cars), but doing it again even though the issue has been rectified just shows that you're lazy.

And yeah, I know 'not everyone has time to play the game, I work xx hours' and 'I paid $60, I should be entitled to everything' but honestly? You paid $60 for GT4 nearly 10 years ago, yet I seriously doubted people who were in the same boat back then complained. They instead played the game and actually earnt stuff, even if they didn't have a lot of time.

I'm not necessarily criticising you for glitching, it's just I don't understand the logic behind exploiting a new, cheap car from a patch which alters the way cash is legitimately earned to speed up the process of illegitimately gaining cash.

As a series organiser i must admit the glitch has been a god send. Its cost me around 16 million to buy and spec with parts all the cars we wish to test for BST. Im not someone with bags of time so grinding would have stalled things indefinitely. Now the only grind i have is testing each car and trying to get them close not both!:bowdown:

by the way guys...anyone who wanna attempt to keep glitching should beware now that it seems PD has modified their terms and conditions clause after the 1.02 update...and it should be regarding the glitching exploit issue

You're still glitching it even though the events have had their payouts increased?
Who wouldn't? The glitch is much faster.

but doing it again even though the issue has been rectified just shows that you're lazy.
Not in the slightest.

And yeah, I know 'not everyone has time to play the game, I work xx hours' and 'I paid $60, I should be entitled to everything' but honestly? You paid $60 for GT4 nearly 10 years ago, yet I seriously doubted people who were in the same boat back then complained. They instead played the game and actually earnt stuff, even if they didn't have a lot of time.
People back then just used memory card duplicates and gameshark, etc. And they were also playing the game by skipping the non game part of the game (ie collecting credits).

You're speaking as if there is some superiority of legitimacy to doing what the devs intended. There is absolutely none.

I'm not necessarily criticising you for glitching, it's just I don't understand the logic behind exploiting a new, cheap car from a patch which alters the way cash is legitimately earned to speed up the process of illegitimately gaining cash.
I don't understand peoples' obsession with not glitching. If you want to play that way be my guest, but I like to have fun. That doesn't mean I need to do as others do.

Who wouldn't? The glitch is much faster.

People back then just used memory card duplicates and gameshark, etc. And they were also playing the game by skipping the non game part of the game (ie collecting credits).

You're speaking as if there is some superiority of legitimacy to doing what the devs intended. There is absolutely none.

I don't understand peoples' obsession with not glitching. If you want to play that way be my guest, but I like to have fun. That doesn't mean I need to do as others do.

I know people used Gameshark back in the day, but to be honest, I don't recall it being a common thing to do unless you just wanted cash to mess around on single player for a while. Everyone here just seems to say 'screw it' and do it for the sake of buying everything for the sake of having it, even though the game's only been out for just over a week and changes hadn't been made in the system as of yet.

The dev's intention was for you to work your way up by racing and earning money to acquire the cars, you wanted - that's where the fun was supposed to come in. I don't see how constantly deleting a patch just to bypass your way to the expensive cars you'll almost never use is considered 'fun'. I also fail to see how it's all that much quicker either, given the time it takes to buy all the cars, delete the patch, sell them, reinstall etc. when you could now hop into whatever this new high-paying seasonal is going to be and do that instead. At least you're actually playing the game and not just sitting at download screens. But hey, each to their own.

Glitch has been patched anyway, so you'll have to get money properly now I'm afraid.

by the way guys...anyone who wanna attempt to keep glitching should beware now that it seems PD has modified their terms and conditions clause after the 1.02 update...and it should be regarding the glitching exploit issue
What does it say in the "modified" terms & conditions regarding the glitch?

care to elaborate as to how they fixed it?

are my 150 20mill fords not sellable?
If you buy the cars like before, to sell them for 20kk in 1.00, they dont show up in there any more, so you can not sell them, and even if you had any of them already, whatever you buy there will not show up in 1.02.

You still keep all your money and the cars you had to sell for 6kk,
I have 20kk and 97 250 Gto

Back