20 million credits for free!

ok cool so as long as you were smart like most people should have already done and brought a 🤬 of 20mill cars you will be fine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a fair call gov, but I for one am glad I pre-ordered GT6, because of my bonus cars, and even the novelty steel case, ect, when the game is fixed, I'll still have my pre-order extras too 👍

I hear ya! I'm grateful for my Anniversary cars as well. I could live without 'em if the same things transpire in GT7 though.

If you buy the cars like before, to sell them for 20kk in 1.00, they dont show up in there any more, so you can not sell them, and even if you had any of them already, whatever you buy there will not show up in 1.02.

You still keep all your money and the cars you had to sell for 6kk,
I have 20kk and 97 250 Gto

If that's all they do to resolve this glitch, than I'm totally cool with that! I was worried about other possible repercussions.

The glitch still works for me, must be something to do with my disc version never having been upgraded. Not sure if I'll bother to use it again any time soon, just wanted to say it is still available under certain circumstances.

Just to make this clear I play on a digital version and have only used a never patched disc to glitch for credits. Feel free to hate me. :sly:

Edit: okay, just the cars I still have, I was actually worried I could still glitch for a while there. :lol:

Last edited:
The dev's intention was for you to work your way up by racing and earning money to acquire the cars, you wanted - that's where the fun was supposed to come in. I don't see how constantly deleting a patch just to bypass your way to the expensive cars you'll almost never use is considered 'fun'. I also fail to see how it's all that much quicker either, given the time it takes to buy all the cars, delete the patch, sell them, reinstall etc. when you could now hop into whatever this new high-paying seasonal is going to be and do that instead. At least you're actually playing the game and not just sitting at download screens. But hey, each to their own.

Glitch has been patched anyway, so you'll have to get money properly now I'm afraid.

Unfortunately the devs did not understand that rolling starts and starting from the back to chase rabbit cars is not racing.... and also not very fun. I fail to see why you would NOT do a glitch which took me no more than 3 hours in total to amass all the cars I wanted to begin with, 50 mil in the bank and a battery of 20 mil cars to sell when needed. Now I can continue on chasing rabbit cars in career mode and switch over to messing around with all my purchased cars when that gets boring... I can't think of anything better. But as you say... to each their own... 👍

And just for the record, I've played GT since the first iteration... Back then I had time to grind and spend 8 hours in front of the TV... Now I unfortunately don't and the glitch was the perfect way to get instant gratification which is quite common nowadays if you think about it... :)

Last edited:
If you buy the cars like before, to sell them for 20kk in 1.00, they dont show up in there any more, so you can not sell them, and even if you had any of them already, whatever you buy there will not show up in 1.02.

I just reread this. Whatever you buy in 1.0 will not show up in 1.02? That can't be right. Can anybody else verify this? What if you buy 1.0 today on disc, start playing right away and buy some cars, and then update later. You loose all of your cars?

I'd think that if you are 1.01 today that you could still go back and glitch 1 more time before updating to 1.02. Maybe not though.

I know people used Gameshark back in the day, but to be honest, I don't recall it being a common thing to do unless you just wanted cash to mess around on single player for a while. Everyone here just seems to say 'screw it' and do it for the sake of buying everything for the sake of having it, even though the game's only been out for just over a week and changes hadn't been made in the system as of yet.
What difference does it make how old the game is.

The dev's intention was for you to work your way up by racing and earning money to acquire the cars, you wanted
Good for them, all that means is I'm better at their job than they are, because I don't try to produce fun from things that aren't fun.

I don't see how constantly deleting a patch just to bypass your way to the expensive cars you'll almost never use is considered 'fun'.
Who is buying cars not to use them?

As for patch deleting, it sure does sound better than pointless grinding to me. But the patch deleting isn't where the fun comes from. The fun is found from actually being able to play the game, something that the game is designed to prevent you from doing for whatever reason.

I also fail to see how it's all that much quicker either, given the time it takes to buy all the cars, delete the patch, sell them, reinstall etc. when you could now hop into whatever this new high-paying seasonal is going to be and do that instead. At least you're actually playing the game and not just sitting at download screens. But hey, each to their own.
Until a seasonal gives you billion credit payouts, they will be hopelessly slow when it comes to making money. Even when GT5 had double seasonal payouts and the Ferrari LeMans event, you still needed to waste time over multiple days to get cars.

Glitch has been patched anyway, so you'll have to get money properly now I'm afraid.
Not at all. I won't waste my time with a dead game, so any chance PD had of making a profit off of me is gone. Maybe when the next glitch or workaround comes out, GT6 will be wroth playing, but until then the disc might as well be a rock.

So... if you haven't done the update yet:

1. disconnect your internet
2. buy as many m4's as you can with the money you have in 1.01
3. go back to 1.00, sell m4's and stack up on 20m cars
4. connect your internet, do the 1.02 update, say goodbye to the money glitch
5. sell 20 m cars as you spend the money for 6m each
6. life goes on

This right?

I don't really need more money but worth it to do 1 last time to have a "savings account" just in case.

Good thing i sleep early, before 1.02 came out so i can read what it does first.

So... if you haven't done the update yet:

1. disconnect your internet
2. buy as many m4's as you can with the money you have in 1.01
3. go back to 1.00, sell m4's and stack up on 20m cars
4. connect your internet, do the 1.02 update, say goodbye to the money glitch
5. sell 20 m cars as you spend the money for 6m each
6. life goes on

This right?

I don't really need more money but worth it to do 1 last time to have a "savings account" just in case.

Good thing i sleep early, before 1.02 came out so i can read what it does first.

thats what person that is not me is doing right now

he also said that he will be good with 20 20milion cars to sell later on

I tried the glitch and I am starting to feel depressed. I feel that Kaz somehow knows and I am hurting him. :(

Sometimes having something is not as good as wanting it. THE CREDITS IN THE ACCOUNT MEAN NOTHING TO ME NOW! NOTHING!!!!! 🤬 :nervous:

You still keep all your money and the cars you had to sell for 6kk,
I have 20kk and 97 250 Gto

I'm calling BS on that. Even if that were possible, that would be a very stupid move.

I decided to finally do the money glitch yesterday night! :D

Initially I didn´t want to but ran into a friend I race in a league with, he told me that new and first season on GT6 kinda starts sooner than expected (what portion might the glitch have on this???). So I did it, digital download -so it was the looong lasting version- and I wanted to do it only once anyway. I got the cars I needed plus a few I simply love :cool:.

And when I came home some hours ago, starting up GT6 that said: Version 1.02 update, I just thought "look what a lucky bas*** you are!!!"

Goodbye Money Glitch, was nice meeting you!

Of course the game came out during my busiest week of the season and I haven't been able to do the glitch.

Are you able to save the 1.01 patch to a thumb drive like you can with your save data? If so, why not just use that to keep glitching?

If not, then you would need a spare hard drive to keep glitching. This actually gives me a reason to upgrade to a SSD. I'm going to copy everything to the SSD then just keep the stock hard drive in a permanent 1.01 state, and just transfer my save data back and forth.

It's a little extra work but will actually be faster to swap a drive vs download a patch.

You can't save the 1.01 patch. For all that still have the game on 1.01, they get one last chance of buying M4s and go back to 1.00 to sell them for 20 millions each (and spend the money away). However, when that is done, there's no returning to 1.01, you'll go straight into 1.02 and that's it, glitching game over.

You can't save the 1.01 patch. For all that still have the game on 1.01, they get one last chance of buying M4s and go back to 1.00 to sell them for 20 millions each (and spend the money away). However, when that is done, there's no returning to 1.01, you'll go straight into 1.02 and that's it, glitching game over.

Ok, so doing the two hard drive trick is the way to keep glitching.

It was good while it lasted.... now excuse me while i go prepare for my next race.....

tumblr_lvrgfgxs3P1qibz0jo1_500.png

I'm calling BS on that. Even if that were possible, that would be a very stupid move.
Of course it's BS, as it would mean every single copy of GT6 sold would be obsolete as online play would not be possible for single game players who eventually at some point in the future decide to go online, none of their cars would be in the garage.
Everything you buy in disc version of GT6 will appear in latest version.

Good I did this in the beginning. Very cool to see that PD aren't partypoopers 👍

I am still on 1.00 with 35 Merc GT to change into 20mil cars and than I'm done.

My garage is stacked with 498 cars. When they upgrade the garage I will buy the rest that I'm interested in, but it comes merly done to livery in this state.

Of course the game came out during my busiest week of the season and I haven't been able to do the glitch.

Are you able to save the 1.01 patch to a thumb drive like you can with your save data? If so, why not just use that to keep glitching?

If not, then you would need a spare hard drive to keep glitching. This actually gives me a reason to upgrade to a SSD. I'm going to copy everything to the SSD then just keep the stock hard drive in a permanent 1.01 state, and just transfer my save data back and forth.

It's a little extra work but will actually be faster to swap a drive vs download a patch.

If you haven't updated to 1.02 yet your still fine, just do it before you update next (if you have plus make sure you don't auto update)

I'm doing the glitch today for the last time. Takes me a lot more time than most people because I have the digital version. Luckily, yesterday I bought several M4s for this and I let the game downloading overnight. I'll get home today, buy two of each of the 20 million cars, all them race cars and stuff, and won't buy any other of the "cheap" cars, say 200 to 300k cars and down to the normal street cars and stuff in order to actually have something to do in the game.

Altough the single player gameplay with the AI rivals almost engaging reverse to let you pass in the last lap is extremely, extremely disappointing.

Will credits go with you to 1.02?

Back