2006 – The Cars

• Thread starter Blake
  • 311 comments
ha. Anyone remember that chrome car Dale sr. drove in a night race at daytona a long time ago? I think it was for charity or some **** I cant remember I have never liked nascar... But my point is that is what this reminds me of.

OMG!

This car is the champion if there would be a competition of design and colours! Absolutely stunning! Hope the car is more reliable than the predecessor.

Really cool.

i thin it needs a little more black to balance out the chrome. But overall, it looks great

btw gt4005, is that an R40 in your avatar?

qwazy|06
looks like MF1's badass big brother who gets all the chicks.

:lol: Yeah I thought it resembled Midland ever so slightly but my god, thats probably the best livery I have seen, ever. Jaw-droppingly awesome! :drool:

Bubble Bunny
i thin it needs a little more black to balance out the chrome. But overall, it looks great

btw gt4005, is that an R40 in your avatar?

There's a ton of black on it. The problem is....it's chrome finished too, so it's reflecting the other colors.

But, again, just because you're now able to flash light everywhere doesn't mean you're as fast as it.

We'll get to watch explosions from twice twice the angles thanks to the reflected imagery. Thanks, chrome!

Mad props to McLaren, the chrome livery is just off the hook! Dunno why I went with gangsta talk there, it just gets my opinion across better. lol

If a model is made in this livery, I'm definitely gonna buy it

Something looks odd to me. I think it's the red bits on the wings, but I'm not sure. It might look better if those were black. Still kick-ass though 👍

Looks cool, but I like the orange more...

Would make for a great 1:18 though.

It's been a while. Here are some photos of the cars currently testing in Valencia.

Check back in a couple of hours for the JW McLaren-Mercedes photos.
Here's one to hold you over untill then.:D

GTC.

McLaren hit form at Valencia
Kimi sets Valencia 'V8' record

McLaren-Mercedes' troubled winter took a turn for the better today at Valencia as Kimi Raikkonen not only set the fastest time recorded at the Spanish track by a V8 engined Formula one car (1:09.987s), but also completed in excess of 80 laps running with no major problems.

Raikkonen outpaced the benchmark Renaults of Giancarlo Fisichella, who suffered an electrical problem this afternoon that put paid to his running, and Heikki Kovalainen, while Red Bull's David Coulthard wrapped up an informative weeks running.

Also present were MF1 Racing, for whom Tiago Monteiro and Adrian Sutil both experienced trips off-circuit.

Meanwhile at Sakhir, Bahrain, Michael Schumacher completed the weeks testing in the Ferrari F248. The team will take a break tomorrow (Saturday) before resuming the programme on Sunday.

That's a good sign for McMerc, hopefully they can keep it up. Maybe they have gotten things together this year and we didn't give them enough credit? 80 laps is a fair test run.

I hope it stays that way anyway.

330km, barely a race distance. Considering that it will have to last at least 1200km, it shouldn’t be suprising. But, alas, the team is in trouble, and apparantly it is suprising…

Barcelona will be the real test and i don't think McLaren will be topping the charts there. As far as i know Cosworth have the best V8 engine right now. It's the most powerfull and the most realiable and at tracks like Valencia Williams can't really put it to good use because it's all slow to medium high downforce corners (wich happen to suit McLaren, a lot) but in Barca Williams will most likely be on top. Can't think of a single reason why they won't be.

Back