2006-07 NBA Season(Finals - A Four Game Sweep)

• Thread starter a6m5
  • 529 comments

a6m5

#ChopOn
Premium
United States
OREGON
a6m5zero
It's bit early, but since Summer Leagues for most teams are starting this week, I'll get the ball rolling. :D

Free Agency officially started Saturday. In no time at all, a bolt by the first major free agent. Peja Stojakovic has agreed on a contract with New Orleans Hornets. With the Pacers being my favorite "East" team, I'm really dissapointed. It seems that Pacers didn't get anything in return for Ron Artest after all. Peja didn't do much for the Pacers last season with the injury and all, and he leaves the team on the first day of the FA.

Chicago Bulls is going after Ben Wallace, which is a bit of surprise. They were rumored to be interested in the Portland Blazers center, Joel Pryzibilla, but going after Wallace makes sense. Bulls got the cap room, Big Ben would be a perfect fit in Chicago. Vladimir Radmanovic sounds like he's going to be a Laker. LeBron James & Carmelo Anthony are expected to sign 5-year contract extensions. Both worth about $80 million.

I'm shocked at the brash move by the Hornets, they seem like a strange team to offer such a contract to a player.

Personally i think it was a bad move. Peja is going to have to be the only real star on the team (CP3 still has some growing up to do), and i don't think he can handle that kind of responsibility. He's been going downhill since his injury in Sacramento anyway.

And why do the Celtics think they might sign Iverson? Aren't they in the same division as the 76ers? Wouldn't it be complete nonsense to trade your franchise player to a playoff rival?

Giancarlo
I'm shocked at the brash move by the Hornets, they seem like a strange team to offer such a contract to a player.

Personally i think it was a bad move. Peja is going to have to be the only real star on the team (CP3 still has some growing up to do), and i don't think he can handle that kind of responsibility. He's been going downhill since his injury in Sacramento anyway.
While I love Peja, you are right. It's up to Peja to prove us wrong, but no wonder he agreed to the contract so quickly. Possibly, maybe the Hornets revealed that they are also in a hunt for another "star player". Maybe. :D

Giancarlo
And why do the Celtics think they might sign Iverson? Aren't they in the same division as the 76ers? Wouldn't it be complete nonsense to trade your franchise player to a playoff rival?
From the rumors I was hearing during the draft, I think the Iverson trade to the Celtics almost happened. Instead, Celtics got one of my favorite Point Guards in the NBA, Sebastian Telfair. Skillwise, this kid has enough upside to become the next Jason Kidd, Iverson, but his drawback his 5'11" height. The Blazers did not utilize him well, and if the Celtics get the most out of him, Telfair is going to be at least going to be as good as Rod Strickland or Jason "white chocolate" Williams. In Portland, ignorant fans go on about how the Blazers trade away good young players, and they become superstars on other teams. :rolleyes: And I say, "That's true on 1 player, Jermaine O'Neal. OK, who else?". They think really hard and the best they come up with is Robert Pack. :lol: Truth is, Other than Jermaine, Blazers has not made a mistake like that, but this Sebastian Telfair trade is going to be another one of those. Mark my words. ;)

Law93
i'm still wondering if the blazers still might move to here in vancouver bc......
Is that the rumor in Vancouver B.C.? In Portland, it is believed that Blazers will stay, even if the ownership changes. As far as the relocation goes, I've heard Anaheim, Oklahoma City, Las Vegas, etc., but no Vancouver B.C. It's all up to which buyer will offer the big money. As a huge Blazers fan, only thing that gives me hope is the Blazers' contract with the Rose Garden Arena(where the Blazers play). I think there is something close to 20 years left on the lease, which will be very hard to get out of.

Reportedly, Ben Wallace and Chicago Bulls has reached an agreement. Take that, backstabbing Pistons(relating to the firing of Larry Brown). Nene Hilario is staying with the Nuggets. Speedy Claxton agrees to sign with the Hawks! This ables Joe Johnson to move into the shooting guard position full-time. I must say, very, very intimidating backcourt. :nervous:

and they trade villanueva for TJ ford. that´s a surprise for me. i thought the raptors would keep him, even with bargnani. now the bucks have to find a PG...

too bad for my sonics that wilcox is asking too much money. not worth more than a midlevel exception...

fasj6418
now the bucks have to find a PG...

They already have a couple players they used as point guards when he was last injured... Peterson i think and some other guy.

Wasn't Chandler supposed to be a great, young player? From what I've seen, really athletic too, but I don't follow the Bulls much. I wonder why they gave him up for PJ. PJ used to be good..... I bet Giancarlo used to like him, when he and Zo used to play the frontcourt for the Heat!

Edit:
I should probably mention that Blazers were successful in retaining Joel Przybilla. He was injured last season, so he didn't do much last year(plus, Blazers were too busy throwing games. :grumpy: ), but Joel IMO is one of the most underrated players in the NBA.

a6m5
I bet Giancarlo used to like him, when he and Zo used to play the frontcourt for the Heat!

I was too young to remember how he played, just that he played, heh.

Well, there's been talk of the sale and relocation of the Portland Trail Blazers for a while now........ But another NW team, Seattle Super Sonics were sold instead today, and there is a chance that team might relocate to:
img9560472.jpg

CBS SportsLine.com
SEATTLE -- A group from Oklahoma City has agreed to buy the Seattle SuperSonics and the WNBA's Seattle Storm, the Sonics said Tuesday.

The Basketball Club of Seattle will sell the teams to the Professional Basketball Club LLC, headed by Oklahoma City businessman Clay Bennett, for $350 million.

Bennett said at an afternoon news conference that whether the Sonics remain in Seattle for the long term would depend on whether the team can reach an agreement with the city to replace or renovate KeyArena.

"It is not our intention to move or relocate the teams -- as long, of course, as we are able to negotiate a successor venue to the current basketball arena and arrangements to ensure the Sonics and Storm can succeed," Bennett said.
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/9560191

Since my Blazers and the Sonics are true rivals, I hope they don't get relocated.

Blazers are still for sale, supposedly. But after seeing how Paul Allen(the owner) was into the NBA Draft just weeks ago, I was begining to think maybe it was a ploy to buy back the Rose Garden Arena(where Blazers play), which the team lost thru bankruptcy. If Allen keeps the team and the Blazers stay, that would make me very happy.

P.S. I wonder if fasj6418(only Sonic Fan here) cares where his Sonics play?

I don't really want them to leave, but I don't like them either. But if they do go to OK City, we will be losing our oldest sports franchise. Still, I just know we'll get an expansion team in the Sonics leave.

Also, The Croshere/Daniels trade, I didn't hear about that, and I didn't see it on NBA.com

Even though the Mavs have too many shooting guards, Daniels is way better than Croshere.

Here are ESPN's latest updates in free agency and trades:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=PlayerMovement-2006

And here are all the free agents available (besides Zo and Gary Payton of course :P):
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2441631

Lamrock
I don't really want them to leave, but I don't like them either. But if they do go to OK City, we will be losing our oldest sports franchise. Still, I just know we'll get an expansion team in the Sonics leave.

Also, The Croshere/Daniels trade, I didn't hear about that, and I didn't see it on NBA.com

Even though the Mavs have too many shooting guards, Daniels is way better than Croshere.

The company that bought the Sonics has already said that they don't really want to relocate the team.

The Croshere/Daniels deal was made official just recently.

Daniels can easily play some time at the small forward position.

Speaking of the Pacers, a trade for Al Harrington has supposedly gone through:
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41603/20060720/al_harrington_traded_to_the_pacers/

Andrea Bargnani I think will become an awesome player. He looks like he is a lot of fun to watch. A great pick for the Raptors. Where is that darn Saleen Man to comment on that pick!

Blazers' #1 pick, LaMarcus Aldridge is still green, but the 4-year college player we selected with the 6th pick(technically traded for the 7th pick), Brandon Roy was considered by many to be the best player during the Summer League. He's like 6 foot 6 or 7 inches, but played point guard for the Blazers summer squad and he was amazing. I wasn't impressed with his "highlights" during the NBA Draft at all, but now I am a believer.

I can not wait for the Pre-Season to start!

I didn't even know that he was a free agent! Freddy Jones of Indiana Pacers were pretty much let go by his team. And I was getting excited about them letting Anthony Johnson go. 👎

Freddy is going to be joining the Raptors, which makes me like them even more(Article).

Pacers has been my favorite Eastern team for a while now, but I don't know. Now they have only two players I really like: Jermaine and Jasikevicius.

a6m5
Well, there's been talk of the sale and relocation of the Portland Trail Blazers for a while now........ But another NW team, Seattle Super Sonics were sold instead today, and there is a chance that team might relocate to:
img9560472.jpg

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/9560191

Since my Blazers and the Sonics are true rivals, I hope they don't get relocated.

Blazers are still for sale, supposedly. But after seeing how Paul Allen(the owner) was into the NBA Draft just weeks ago, I was begining to think maybe it was a ploy to buy back the Rose Garden Arena(where Blazers play), which the team lost thru bankruptcy. If Allen keeps the team and the Blazers stay, that would make me very happy.

P.S. I wonder if fasj6418(only Sonic Fan here) cares where his Sonics play?

i was on a travel... saw this on seattlep-i and i´m heartbroken:ouch:

but the situation was ulfolding slowly, and as much as they tried to give excuses, somehow, other 29 franchises manages to get new arenas and stuff.

the team i fell in love was perkins, kemp, schrempf, hawkins and payton. after that game 7 loss to the rockets in the 1997 playoffs, a part of my died.

it was never the same after that... vin baker, lots of mediocre players, stupid coaches, stupid managment, speacially wally walker... i couldn´t watch them anymore here from brazil...

it sucks, but i never thought it could get that bad. it pisses me because most of them don´t seem to care. i don´t know how i´m gonna feel when they start playing in ford center. only time will tell.

one thing is sure: its been a long time since i have a trully positive emotional moment with the sonics... maybe its over:crazy:

Giancarlo
Congrats a6m5, looks like the Blazers are off the market. :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2538649
Thank you! This is great news. There are many haters of Paul Allen(the owner, also a co-founder of Microsoft!), but I am not one of them. He truly is a fellow Blazers fan, and is committed to the team. I'm more tired of cry baby fans, who most of the time don't even know much about NBA or the Blazers. :indiff:

Like I said during the NBA Draft, after seeing how into the action he was, I was starting to doubt his intention to sell the team. Still, this could be a good or bad sign:

Good: If Allen decided that he loved his team too much to sell, or that this was just a ploy to buy back the Rose Garden. We lost our own arena through one of Allen's companies blunder.

Bad: As we all know, Seattle Sonics were sold to a buyer in Oklahoma City. There is a very good chance that Seattle might lose their team to a relocation. If this happens, Allen can try to move the team to Seattle...... where he lives! :nervous: As a Sonic hater(regional rivalry thing), if the Blazers become the new Sonics, or become a Seattle Blazers, I will have to assassinate Paul Allen or put myself out of misery(man, I'm hardcore). :dopey:

i will not cheer for a seattle blazers team, and i think a lot of sonics fan wouldn´t, so stay calm, i think the blazers are going nowhere

Yeah! My boss came through, and I'm going to the first (preseason)Blazer game of the year!(against the Sonics, Francisco! :sly: ).

I'm really stoked to see Brandon Roy play. I'm a huge Blazer fan, so I'm excited to see Jarrett Jack, Outlaw, Przybilla and the others too, but Roy is who I'm going to go see tomorrow. He's hyped as the next Rookie of the Year, and he did extemely well in the Summer Leagues. But for the rookies, the "real" test is the Preseason games. This is where you finally get to play against real NBA players. I can't wait!

Because now I have a little more time to get back in shape and start playing basketball once again. So maybe watching the NBA will start me up and i'll get my arse up and loose some weight.... I used to weight 120 pounds :(

now, 180...

Ciao!

Jeez! That is quite a bit of gain. I get fired up after watching NBA games, too. That's why I especially love going to Wednesday games. I get pumped from the Blazer game, then next day, I play ball with the guys after work, every Thursday night.

Who's your team?(I'm guessing the Nets)

P.S. Do you like the Spurs, too?(because of the Ginobili thing...)

Yeah me too. And it's whether I watch it on TV or I go to the games, I can't just stay still, I have to grab the basketball and pretend to be the dribble king or something.

I remember back in 1998 when the 76ers where on the playoffs and AI was like the greatest phenomenom ever...man, every night, after they played the Raptors (I used to worship Vince Carter too :D ) I went to the court located in my nearest park and I just started shooting some hoops, even if nobody was around and it was dark as hell, I didn't care man, well, the court was illuminated of course. Eventually a couple of people would get closer and they would ask me I wanted to play a 21...I was fired up, I was warmed up, and I had a ball in my hands...what do you think i'd say :mischievous:

I've been working and also school is a big reason of why I stopped playing. Also my friends are not as reliable as the ones I used to have before. They loved playing basketball like I did, but the thing was that we were all in a team, so we learned the "technical" way of playing, you know no fouls, no stupid tricks, and mostly shooting from the 3 point line. But these guys man, they're punks... I tell 'em, yo let's go play ball! and most of 'em say, "nahh i'm tired" or "it's too cold" or lame stuff like that. And most people that I find playing on courts....they just don't know how to play, sometimes I just want to get the hell outta the court, they make stupid fouls, they fight over who's ball is it or they waste waaay too much time deciding teams and stuff.

Frankly, sometimes I prefer to go by myself and train myself by shooting, running, dribbling, and I enjoy that a lot better. It;s just too bad that i dont have my buddies around anymore to go out and conquer courts..."like the old ways...."

As far as my team...I've never had any since Jordan left the Bulls, I hate kobe with a passion and I can't stand teams with only one good player, for example, the Nicks, the Cavaliers, the 76ers (though AI is an asshole now), the Lakers. If I had to go for one team...I think it'd be the Suns. I just love the way Nash takes over the court, and that has been my favorite position ever since I started playing. Spurs, meh, yeah Ginobli is good an all but there's something about that team that I never really liked..I still can't figure out what is it.

Anyway, like I said, I'll try to get back in shape. I weight 180 punds now but it's not like I'm fat 'cause I ain't, I mean I don't look fat because I'm kinda tall, so people are always like "whaaat??" when i tell 'em that I weight 180. I could even touch the rim...now, I can barely touch the board :ouch:

that's it.

Ciao!

Come on, Ozzy! You gotta a have a favorite team!! :D

Suns were pretty good, last year. They'd be downright scary with Amare Stoudemire back in full force. :scared:

You know what? I used to like Nash - Nowitzki combo better. But Stoudemire is also a beast that you cannot stop. The funny thing is, If you notice, most of the tall players, don't go inside, they rather stay away and just shoot from the 3 point distance, Shaq and Ming because they can't shoot they always stay in the "paint" area , but Stoudemire...he gets inside the kitchen aaall the way man, not even AI does it as good as he does :lol: He really is something. But I don't know...I like the Heat also...damn I can't make up my mind! :ouch:

Ciao!

I went to the Blazers Fan Fest, today. It's like an open practice, which they actually hold on the home court, Rose Garden.

I scored couple of autographs on my Blazer cap. Jarett Jack and LaMarcus Aldridge(2nd draft pick of the NBA Draft). Also got to say hi and shake hands with the Head Coach Nate McMillan and Sergio "Spanish Chocolate" Rodriguez. Sergio is my new favorite Blazer, now that Sebastian Telfair is gone. He is a NBA rookie this year, and was the member of the World Champion Team, Spain.

I've been wanting to come to one of these fan events, but this was the first time I was able to make it. If you are NBA fan, I'd suggest you make the effort to go to one of these things. It's quite amazing to be able to chat with the actual players, get autographs with ease, and see them from seats that most of us normally couldn't afford.

My only regret was not being able to get Sergio's autograph on my cap because I was carrying a effing pizza and a coke. I barely got to shake hands and say what's up?, good luck. :( Seemed like a real nice kid though. 👍

Back