• 2,073 comments

MustangRyan

GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup
Premium
United States
North Carolina
Droptop2001gt
PICK FORM: Check INBOX.

Welcome to the 2014 season of Fantasy NASCAR on :gtplanet:, a continuation of the great work done by Justin.

2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Schedule

Current Standings:
eaBWbaS.png

Legend:

GREEN BOX = Race win - gained 1 Consecutive Pick
RED BOX = Driver failed to finish - can be used next week without using CP
(CP) = Consecutive Pick used for selection
(P10) = 10 point penalty for selection, no CP available for this pick

Previous Round Results:

Round 1: Daytona
Round 2: Phoenix
Round 3: Las Vegas
Round 4: Bristol
Round 5: Auto Club (California)
Round 6: Martinsville
Round 7: Texas
Round 8: Darlington
Round 9: Richmond
Round 10: Talladega
Round 11: Kansas
Bonus Round: Sprint All-Star Race
Bonus Round: Monaco GP/Indy 500
Round 12: Charlotte
Round 13: Dover
Round 14: Pocono
Round 15: Michigan
Round 16: Sonoma
Round 17: Kentucky (plus Bonus Picks)
Round 18: Daytona
Round 19: New Hampshire
Round 20: Indianapolis
Round 21: Pocono
Round 22: Watkins Glen
Round 23: Michigan
Round 24: Bristol (plus Bonus Picks)
Round 25: Atlanta
Round 26: Richmond
Round 27: Chicagoland
Round 28: Hew Hampshire
Round 29: Dover
Round 30: Kansas
Round 31: Charlotte
Round 32: Talladega
Round 33: Martinsville
Round 34: Texas
Round 35: Phoenix
Round 36: Homestead

Basic Rules:

--You must be a current member of :gtplanet:

--Three drivers will be selected for each round.

--The pick form must be used for selecting drivers. Please use your GTPlanet username when submitting your picks.

--You do not need to sign up for anything additional to submit selections.

--Final selections must be in before drivers start their engines on race day.
Only the selections entered into the pick form, on time, will be used.

--You may discuss your selections in the thread.

--If you join after the first round you will receive the lowest amount of points scored from each previous round, with zero consecutive picks awarded.

--If you fail to submit any selections after round 1, you will automatically use the same three car numbers (regardless of driver changes) you selected from the previous round, and consecutive picks will be used. If you have no CPs left to use, standard penalties will be applied. After three consecutive weeks of inactivity, you will be removed from the standings.

--Ties will be settled by most wins, then most top 5's, then most top 10's.

How To Earn Points:

--For each driver you select, you earn points for their final finishing position (see chart below).

--You also earn 1 point if a selected driver leads a lap.

--You also earn 1 point if a selected driver leads the most laps.

--You also earn 2 points if a selected driver wins the pole. (Must enter final picks before the start of qualifying; does not apply to rainouts)

--If your selected drivers finish 1-2-3 in the race, you get 15 bonus points and 1 extra CP.

XJxNmjU.jpg

Consecutive Picks:
--You may use a consecutive pick to select a driver in subsequent races without penalty.

--The top-10 in points from the previous season will begin the season with Consecutive Picks based on where they finished.

• Champion: 3
  • 2-5: 2
  • 6-10: 1
  • Any remaining participants will start with 0.
--At the end of the regular season, consecutive picks can be traded in for 2 bonus points each, if needed, to move into the top 16 in points. Or, they can be carried over to use in the Chase.

--At the end of the Chase, all players will receive 2 bonus points for each available consecutive pick.

--1 consecutive pick will be awarded when a race winner is selected.

--The entrant who scores the most points in each round will also be awarded a consecutive pick.

--In the event you don't submit any picks for a round, your selections from the previous round will be used.

--If a driver is selected in subsequent rounds and you are out of consecutive picks, a 10 point penalty will be applied.

--You will not receive a Consecutive Pick if a selected driver wins but has a 10 point penalty.

--Driver selections will reset after the All-Star Race.

--If a selected driver fails to finish the race, they will be available for selection in the next round without needing to use a Consecutive Pick.

All-Star Weekend:

--Two drivers will be selected from the field of the Sprint Showdown race (Friday night).

--One driver already in the field for the Sprint All-Star race (Saturday night) will also be selected.

--All three picks must be entered before the start of the Sprint Showdown qualifying on Friday at 4pm EST.

--A 2-point bonus will be awarded if one of your selected drivers wins the pole for the All-Star race on Saturday night.

--Points and CPs will be earned as follows:
TMyjyyd.png

Chase:

--Following Round 26 at Richmond, the top 16 in points will gain entry into the Chase.

--Consecutive picks can be traded in for 2 bonus points each, if needed, to move into the top 16 in points. Or, they can be carried over to use in the Chase.

--At the end of the Chase, all players will receive 2 bonus points for each available consecutive pick.

---Each participant granted entry into the Chase will be set to 5,000 points.

--Two points will be awarded for each race winner selected in the first 26 rounds.

--The points leader going into the chase will receive 15 extra points to start the Chase.

--Each participant must pick at least 1 non-chase driver in the final 10 races.

NEW Chase Elimination Bracket:
--Following Round 26 at Richmond, the top 16 in points will gain a spot in an elimination bracket, which will operate like the new Chase format.

--The first three rounds will consist of three races each.

--The 4 players with the fewest points after each round will be eliminated.

--The final round will take place at Homestead.

--Race wins are worth 2 points each toward the starting total in each subsequent round, and can not be carried over.

--Consecutive Pick bonus points are not available in the Chase Elimination Bracket.

--Ties will be settled by most wins, then top 5's, then top 10's.

Prize:
--Both the winner of the bracket and classic championship will be awarded one year of GTPlanet Premium membership. The prize is transferrable to other members, for those that are already lifetime Premium members.

Last edited:
Thanks @MustangRyan !

3/22/78 for me. The Shootout (sorry i'm old fashioned) winner never seems to win the 500 so bye bye Hamlin. Jnr will get wrecked, Kyle will cause a pile up, and NASCAR will pull something stupid to ensure the #3 gets a legit result.

Plate tracks are generally a lottery. 20, 24, 78.

I actually considered giving everyone 4 picks at Daytona and Talladega, and only scoring the top 3, just because of this. Nothing ruins a good season more than huge plate-track accidents.

I actually considered giving everyone 4 picks at Daytona and Talladega, and only scoring the top 3, just because of this. Nothing ruins a good season more than huge plate-track accidents.
But, you only considered it. :(

Great to see this back. 👍

#3 Austin Dillon.
#78 Martin Truex Jr.
#88 Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Suppose I'll do this.

#3 - Dillon
#5 - Kahne
#31 - Newman

RCR power definitely makes a difference with my picks, and I have a feeling Kahne will do well.

Funny, I was just thinking last night about fantasy for this year and was going to post in the main NASCAR thread to make sure we were doing it again (as if we wouldn't :lol:). Glad to see it's back.

Anyway, like Jahgee, I'm waiting to make my picks until after the Duels.

Anyway, like Jahgee, I'm waiting to make my picks until after the Duels.
It is in everyone's best interest to see more qualifying before making picks.

But, much like Justin did last season, I feel the host should enter his picks before anyone else, to remove any suspicion of impropriety. I expect it will reduce my effectiveness from week-to-week, but that's just part of being the host. :cool:

ROUND 1 PICK FORM: Daytona 500

My picks: 20, 31, 88

ROUND 1 BONUS PICKS: ENTRIES CLOSED!

Adding bonus picks for the Daytona Truck Series and Nationwide races. Please pick a single driver from each race. No drivers racing toward championships in higher-level series are available to be selected in these events.

Your drivers will earn 5 points + 1 CP for a race win, 4 points for finishing 2nd, 3 points for finishing 3rd, 2 points for finishing 4th, or 1 point for finishing 5th. Bonus points from these picks do not count toward the CP earned for most points in round 1. That CP is still earned by scoring the most points only in the Daytona 500.

My picks are 54 (Wallace) and 7 (Smith).

Last edited:
ROUND 1 BONUS PICKS: Speedweeks

Adding bonus picks for the Daytona Truck Series and Nationwide races. Please pick a single driver from each race. No drivers racing toward championships in higher-level series are available to be selected in these events.

Your drivers will earn 5 points + 1 CP for a race win, 4 points for finishing 2nd, 3 points for finishing 3rd, 2 points for finishing 4th, or 1 point for finishing 5th. Bonus points from these picks do not count toward the CP earned for more points in round 1. That CP is still earned by scoring the most points only in the Daytona 500.

My picks are 54 (Wallace) and 7 (Smith).
When are the Busch and Truck races?

Also, does the race win mean with the cup drivers or the top finishing Nationwide driver?

When are the Busch and Truck races?

Truck race is Friday night. Nationwide race is Saturday afternoon.

Also, does the race win mean with the cup drivers or the top finishing Nationwide driver?

The finishing position is the finishing position. A CP will only be awarded to the race-winning driver. It's very possible that the winning driver isn't available to be selected; that's why these are considered bonus points. :sly:

It's also possible that Cup drivers will sweep the top 5 in the Nationwide race. If that happens, I might issue a few points to the top 3 finishing non-Cup drivers, even if they finish 6th, 8th, 9th, etc.

Truck race is Friday night. Nationwide race is Saturday afternoon.

The finishing position is the finishing position. A CP will only be awarded to the race-winning driver. It's very possible that the winning driver isn't available to be selected; that's why these are considered bonus points. :sly:

It's also possible that Cup drivers will sweep the top 5 in the Nationwide race. If that happens, I might issue a few points to the top 3 finishing non-Cup drivers, even if they finish 6th, 8th, 9th, etc.
OK, thanks for clearing that up

I'll take Jeb Burton and Chase Elliott for bonus drivers.
I just realized that I didn't have a place to enter your user name in the Bonus Picks form. I've added the location for name entry, and edited your submission to include it. :)

Back