2014 FIFA World Cup - Brazil

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 4,127 comments
But yes. I thought it was going to pot a little in the quarters, but looking back I wouldn't have it any other way.

Everyone says best ever, I won't go that far because I haven't witnessed 15 of them first-hand. But it has to be up there. A revival after a few...more lukewarm ones.

Well I'm off to bed now, so the World Cup is over.....no what???

Goodnight People! :)

There are quite a few positive things I can say about this final:

- Germany won. And they deserved it.
- Klose won the World Cup he deserved as well.
- Everyone in the country "has it inside". "Messi we love you", he loses the final and now he's crap again to everyone.
- "Brazil tell me how it feels" will disappear forever.

I don't understand how people make such a big deal of a penalty.

And be honest. You could never have predicted this World Cup if you tried.
I didn't do too bad, had Germany World Champions, Muller Golden Ball and Boot, Neuer best keeper and young player I couldn't decide between James, Gotze and Neymar.

Granted none of my predictions involved Costa Rica getting to the quarters, Holland beating anyone 5-1, Brazil conceding 7 in the whole tournament or James Rodriguez being one of the very best.

Just testament to it being a great tournament. 👍

young player I couldn't decide between James, Gotze and Neymar.
Speaking of which, the official young player award went to Paul Pogba, ahead of Memphis Depay and Raphael Varane.
It was only those born in 1993 or younger eligible, by the way.

RTE had a fantastic ending as the anchor was doing his last game tonight after 40 years. Wouldn't really be interesting to people outside Ireland though.

ITV still out on the beach, they'll be swallowed by the tide soon :lol:

ITV still out on the beach, they'll be swallowed by the tide soon :lol:

I thought they were evicted because Brazil had to start saving WC money once their team was out :lol:

I half expect a waiter to come over and say "if your going to stay you have to buy something!"

What a game! What a world cup! Absolutely fantastic! I'm really glad to see the Germans win but you have to think about Argentina and the other teams who worked their butts of as well. I can't wait for EURO 2016 and Russia 2018 World Cup (the only bad part is that fox broadcasts it here then :( )!!!

A bunch of old geezers out of touch with reality... where have i seen that before?...💡.. FIA!
Hell yes!
clapping.jpg

Back