2014 FIFA World Cup - Brazil

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 4,127 comments
2f2e3a6ae2f58ed6e24440e81848f41e361887.gif

And with that bombshell... The World Cup has ended...

Obrigado Brazil!!!!! Congratulations Germany!!! :D

:)

So there we are. 4 years of waiting, a year of fate (confederations), and 32 days of justice. The former reign has fallen (Spain), the new ones took place (Germany).

Honestly, the former may have better ceremonies and songs and such. But for the matches itself, this is perhaps better. Many top players gone up and also down. Especially spiced with many infamous haggles like Suarez, Neymar, etc.

Not to mention, 'Mericans are now showing interests with this sort of thing. Though I suspect the best they'll remember is Tim Howard with his many saves (before beaten by someone else).

We watched it and generates this 137 pages of this history as from this writing. By journey from the first page, we can see ours exited about was expected world cup, then speculating about whos gonna qualify and whos gonna win. Its an interesting progress Brazil vs Croatia to now Argentina vs German.

Thats all for this quad-year world cup. Hope we see again at 2018 Russian world cup. This is FrzGT signing off.

No. We still didn't have a recap post, you know, for better ending for all of us ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm going to recap, here's what we have seen....Spain's spectacular downfall, England being England, USA introducing millions more Americans to something called 'Soccer', teams surprising the hell out of us like Costa Rica and Algeria, Ghana's gold-digging players, players hitting the headlines as usual...Suarez, Ochoa, Klose, Neymar, Navas, Mascherano, Robben, Howard, Brazil's unforgettable exit and those 18 minutes, Some quite unbelievable overachieving by Holland and finally the Germans getting what they deserve....

....its been a brilliant tournament I have loved every second, sure there were boring games but they were few and far between, it has been entertaining for the most part and I think Brazil have been great hosts....and perhaps most importantly of all, the right team won!

So a few things, Pogba won young player of the tournament and Cuadado of Colombia got most assists with four and Neuer completed 242 passes...which is more than Messi got!!

Another meaningless stat I'm seeing everywhere. Must have missed the part where Neuer had 2/4 men marking him everytime he had the ball.

Well done to Germany. Glad it didnt go to penalties - such a crappy way to win/lose such a big game.

I am still baffled as to how this is a German free kick. That outcome comes an extremely distant 3rd to play on and Argentine free kick
4F9945BD201100201064680071168_14052825556140dfc5f6138.mp4.mp4

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/4F...p4?versionId=4zEaxqzT1RexvAmMQPlf7pHwOuxJx7h3

Neuer-4.gif
I don't think it's a foul regardless, but it's a German free kick because Neuer clearly gets there first, and Higuain comes through him after the ball has been punched away. Imagine it being a defender clearing the ball and then Higuain tackling through him after the clearance.

Found this out earlier, this is impressive

6 months before the World Cup the Germans came to Bahia, Brazil and built:

-A Hotel
-Health Centre
-A Football field
-They took no German employees, they only hired locals

During the World Cup the German players:
-Socialized with the locals, went with them to the beach and to the city
-Had a big festival with the local population
-Visited the Native Brazilians and donated 10k Euros to buy them an Ambulance
-They wore the local's football team kit and sang their anthem

After that victory of Brazil:
-They apologised
-Thanked the whole Brazilian nation on social networks for the nice hospitality in their country

And now that they leave Brazil:
They have everything they built for the local people, the facilities will be transformed into a school for children

What a fantastic example they have set 👍

Found this out earlier, this is impressive

6 months before the World Cup the Germans came to Bahia, Brazil and built:

-A Hotel
-Health Centre
-A Football field
-They took no German employees, they only hired locals

During the World Cup the German players:
-Socialized with the locals, went with them to the beach and to the city
-Had a big festival with the local population
-Visited the Native Brazilians and donated 10k Euros to buy them an Ambulance
-They wore the local's football team kit and sang their anthem

After that victory of Brazil:
-They apologised
-Thanked the whole Brazilian nation on social networks for the nice hospitality in their country

And now that they leave Brazil:
They have everything they built for the local people, the facilities will be transformed into a school for children

What a fantastic example they have set 👍

I saw that on the newspaper yesterday. They have all my respect.

201308-men-only-respect.jpg

Soooooo.. who is playing tomorrow? :lol:

I already miss the World Cup. '-'

Tell me... MY TEAM WAS RELEGATED TO 2nd DIVISION :(

What am I gonna do with my life nao????? :nervous:

Tell me... MY TEAM WAS RELEGATED TO 2nd DIVISION :(

What am I gonna do with my life nao????? :nervous:

Haha. Great thing that here in Brazil, football season starts in early February and ends in early December, so this Wednesday and Thursday we're going to play the 10th fixture (out of 38) of the national championship. :lol:

And my team (São Paulo) has as players Luís Fabiano, Kaká, Alexandre Pato, Ganso and others. :lol: :D

Back