2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised Honda hasn't already...seeing as Rahal is the only Honda who is competitive almost every week consistently. He's driving the wheels off that thing! :eek:

We seriously need more than 11 races. This season is too good to be ending next month. :(

I'm surprised Honda hasn't already...seeing as Rahal is the only Honda who is competitive almost every week consistently. He's driving the wheels off that thing! :eek:

We seriously need more than 11 races. This season is too good to be ending next month. :(
Good thing there's 16 races this season...

For the season he's had, I'm proud for Ryan Hunter-Reay knocking down a win. It was also cool for a 1-4 sweep of American drivers. The 2015 Iowa Corn 300 was a great race on such a lovely looking evening. Quite entertaining race.

Up next... IndyCar stays in the Midwest, but goes from oval racing in Iowa to a competitive road course in Ohio. Bring on Mid-Ohio (July 31 - Aug. 2)!

· Ed Carpenter would like you to know Sage Karam is a fine young man who respects every driver on the track and has a bright, safe future ahead of him.

· Sage Karam says Ed is an amazing person whose opinions and guidance have changed his approach to racing.
RACER has been given an exclusive look at the new list of comments that are fully sanctioned by IndyCar:

"The race today was awesome and the other drivers are awesome and our fans (who I know personally) are awesome. Did I mention that the Verizon IndyCar Series is awesome and this track is awesome?"

Hahaha that article is gold!

Indycar is trying to cover their ********s. :irked:
------------------------------------------------------------
"The following is a statement from Hulman & Company CEO Mark Miles regarding ‪#‎INDYCAR‬ Rule 9.3.8:

This rule is not a gag order. We recognize that controversy, tension and drama all have a place in motorsport today. Our drivers are competitors and we have no interest in eliminating the emotion and passion that is an integral part of our sport – or limit the content for media covering INDYCAR. As an example, some have speculated that the exchange between Ed Carpenter and Sage Karam last Saturday at Iowa Speedway would result in penalty under this new rule – that is not the case. We feel exchanges of that manner do not cross the line and instead highlight the intensity of Verizon IndyCar Series competition. We feel it’s our responsibility to distinguish between irresponsible statements that damage the sport or its competitors and the intense competitive nature of the series. This rule is to ensure we have authority to act when we feel it is required." - Indycar Facebook post
------------------------------------------------------------

Give me a break. :banghead:

Mark Miles is starting to look and act like the worst flaws of Tony George & Randy Bernard's tenureships as Indycar CEO combined. The newest series edict is disgraceful and I feel it's only going to be a matter of time until it gets used as an excuse to ban drivers and pull press credentials from the few journalists that cover the sport (As TeeGee did in 1999 to Sports Illustrated columnist Ed Hinton over an article that put the IRL in a bad light).

It also highlights a complete lack of any kind of cohesive strategy about marketing or press coverage, as Indycar only gets ink in USA Today because it buys the column space and seemingly doesn't care about any races outside of The Indianapolis 500...

Last edited:
Randy was good tbh and full of common sense, Mark Miles on the other hand is the Tony George type.

If there is a god in this world someone with a brain will buyout Hulmans interest in all things racing.

So, who wants to get a kickstarter going so we can buy this series from the Hulman Family and any other massive idiot who has no idea what they are doing?

If you phrase it right they will probably pay you. Sure, you won't be listed as the owner, but they'll take anything you say as gospel even if it's a terrible idea like ending the season on labor day.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back