2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That may be so, but it doesn't answer my question (perhaps only Forsythe Racing can answer it).

The Forsythe statement specifically mentions the incident in Denver. They are (indirectly) saying that Bourdais is partly to blame for the incident. After watching countless replays, I find no fault in Bourdais actions while in the car.

Champ Car must fine Bourdais and take away 7 points. Champ Car must enforce their rules consistently and fairly.
Bourdais did not drive across the race track into another car putting both drivers lives at risk! How does he deserve a 7 point penalty? How?

2006 Edmonton GP. Bourdais took out Tagliani.

2006 San Jose GP. Bourdais brake checked the field at the start.

2006 Denver GP. Bourdais ran across a hot track to start a fight! He put himself and other drivers at risk.

From the CCWS Rulebook...

2.6. CONDUCT.
Participants engaged in any event, public appearance, media activity or any other situation relating to their participation in the series must refrain from intentional physical contact with any participant, inappropriate or profane language, fraud, and unsportsmanlike behavior.

6.14. RACE CAR ASSISTANCE AND RECOVERY PROCEDURE.
6.14.3. Drivers abandoning a disabled race car must reattach the steering wheel to the race car and then proceed immediately to a safe area. Drivers must proceed as directed by the Officials.

There is no way that deserves the same penatly as Tracy. I’m sorry, but you won’t change my views on that. Tracy did one of the most dangerous things that you can do these days, and there is little that deserves the same penalty in my eyes. That said, I did think that Tracy’s penalty was too minor.

Champ Car also took away 7 points from Mario Dominguez for what he did at Long Beach and Milwaukee this year.

Just look at what Bourdais has done this year. I still can't believe he has gotten away with so much crap.

It's because Bourdais is a "F1" class driver. Champ Car are affraid if they treat him like a proper sanctioning body would, he'll leave Champ Car.

m.piedgros

P.S. I agree with VNAF Ace!!!

Heres my two cents:champion or no champion, F1 class driver or not, thats favoritism and thats not right that he doesn't get one penalty. so what if he does leave, with AJ being the only american taking it to him, the sport won't be affected much and chances are he will never get into F1 no matter what he does. besides, I doubt F1 will take drivers that race like demolition derby.

Oh, of course. But unfortunately what is right, or what you and I would like to see isn't always what happens. Especially since the split CART/Champ Car and IRL have been very careful they don't scare away their big name, high quality drivers. I'm not giving opinion, it's pretty much how it is.

m.piedgros

Starting lineup for the 2006 Montreal GP @ Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal, QC, CAN
1 | #1 | Sebastien Bourdais (FRA) | Newman/Hass Racing | 1:20.005 | 121.897 MPH
2 | #7 | A.J. Allmendinger (USA) | Forsythe Championship Racing | 1:20.361 | 121.357 MPH
3 | #9 | Justin Wilson (GBR) | RuSPORT | 1:20.587 | 121.017 MPH
4 | #3 | Paul Tracy (CAN) | Forsythe Championship Racing | 1:20.669 | 120.894 MPH
5 | #6 | Oriol Servia (ESP) | PKV Racing | 1:20.691 | 120.861 MPH
6 | #2 | Bruno Junqueira (BRA) | Newman/Hass Racing | 1:20.772 | 120.740 MPH
7 | #5 | Will Power (AUS) | Team Australia | 1:21.156 | 120.169 MPH
8 | #14 | Dan Clarke (GBR) | CTE Racing - HVM | 1:21.555 | 119.581 MPH
9 | #27 | Andrew Ranger (CAN) | Mi-Jack Conquest Racing | 1:21.561 | 119.572 MPH
10 | #4 | Nelson Philippe (FRA) | CTE Racing - HVM | 1:21.725 | 119.332 MPH
11 | #34 | Charles Zwolsman (NED) | Mi-Jack Conquest Racing | 1:21.771 | 119.265 MPH
12 | #15 | Alex Tagliani (CAN) | Team Australia | 1:21.916 | 119.054 MPH
13 | #18 | Antonio Pizzonia (BRA) | Rocketsports Racing | 1:22.050 | 118.859 MPH
14 | #11 | Jan Heylen (BEL) | Dale Coyne Racing | 1:22.096 | 118.793 MPH
15 | #19 | Mario Dominguez (MEX) | Dale Coyne Racing | 1:22.581 | 118.095 MPH
16 | #20 | Katherine Legge (GBR) | PKV Racing | 1:22.902 | 117.638 MPH
17 | #8 | Nicky Pastorelli (NED) | Rocketsports Racing | 1:24.204 | 115.819 MPH

According to SPEED, there is also an 80% chance of rain in Montreal tomorrow. The race will really get interesting if they have to race in the rain!

CHAMP CAR GRAND PRIX OF MONTREAL POSTPONED BY RAIN, WILL BE RUN ON MONDAY

Sunday, August 27, 2006

by Eric Mauk

MONTREAL (August 27, 2006) - Due to the day-long rains that plagued the Montreal area on Sunday, today's Champ Car Grand Prix of Montreal, Round 11 of the Bridgestone Presents The Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford, was postponed until Monday.

The rains caused the 72-lap Champ Car Grand Prix of Montreal to be red-flagged after just six laps, while the Yokohama Presents The Champ Car Atlantic Championship Powered by Mazda race was halted by a downpour after just one lap. The weather prevented either race from restarting and the Champ Car World Series, along with management from the Grand Prix of Montreal, announced that it would postpone the event and pick up the race again on Monday.

"The safety of our competitors and our fans was the major concern today," said Champ Car President Steve Johnson. "There was a lot of water on the track and it would not have been safe to put our cars on track during the weather problems. We have two very tight championships on the line and we want to make sure they can be contested in a manner befitting a world-class racing series. We are looking forward to tomorrow."

Both races will resume at the point where they were halted on Sunday, with A.J. Allmendinger (#7 Indeck Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone) leading ahead of polesitter Sebastien Bourdais (#1 McDonald's Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone) after six laps. Polesitter James Hinchcliffe (#3 Emexis/INDECK Forsythe Championship Racing) will lead the Atlantic championship event when it resumes on Lap 3.

The Atlantic event will resume at 8:20 a.m. with the Champ Car race resuming at 10 a.m. Fans that held tickets to today's race at Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve will be admitted to the grounds while ticket offices will also be open in the morning.

"We are pleased that we are able to resume the races Monday and are grateful that we are able to put together a great event for our fans," said President of the Grand Prix of Montreal Alan Labrosse. "We hope that the fans that had to work Sunday will be able to come out Monday because they will see a great show."

This is the first time that a Champ Car race has been postponed by rain since the 2000 season, when the event at California Speedway was rained out on Sunday and resumed on Monday.

The continuation of both races will be available with timing and scoring and a limited video feed via the Race Director feature on www.champcar.ws . The service for both races will be free to all fans.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=10819
Big thanks to Champ Car for offering a FREE race broadcast over Race Director! 👍

Note: The race will restart at 10:00 AM EDT.

Man, that race would have been a thriller for sure, but good on CCWS for postponing it, and good call for free race director!

Both races available on Race Director? How do we access it? What software will we need what time will they be run???

m.piedgros

Race Director System Requirements
* Windows 2000 or XP (Mac OS not supported).
* A broadband Internet connection, minimum 256 Kbps.
* Internet Explorer 5.5 or 6.0.
* Windows Media Player 9 or 10.
* Java Virtual Machine; Sun Java 5 recommended.
* Adobe (Macromedia) Flash Player 8 or 9.

Note: It should work on Mozilla Firefox too.

The Champ Car Atlantic race will restart at 8:00 AM EDT and the Champ Car race will restart at 10:00 AM EDT.

Race results for the 2006 Montreal GP @ Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal, QC, CAN
1 | #1 | Sebastien Bourdais (FRA) | Newman/Hass Racing
2 | #3 | Paul Tracy (CAN) | Forsythe Championship Racing
3 | #4 | Nelson Philippe (FRA) | CTE Racing - HVM
4 | #14 | Dan Clarke (GBR) | CTE Racing - HVM
5 | #5 | Will Power (AUS) | Team Australia
6 | #8 | Nicky Pastorelli (NED) | Rocketsports Racing
7 | #15 | Alex Tagliani (CAN) | Team Australia
8 | #34 | Charles Zwolsman (NED) | Mi-Jack Conquest Racing
9 | #11 | Jan Heylen (BEL) | Dale Coyne Racing
10 | #19 | Mario Dominguez (MEX) | Dale Coyne Racing
11 | #18 | Antonio Pizzonia (BRA) | Rocketsports Racing
12 | #2 | Bruno Junqueira (BRA) | Newman/Hass Racing
13 | #20 | Katherine Legge (GBR) | PKV Racing
14 | #9 | Justin Wilson (GBR) | RuSPORT
15 | #27 | Andrew Ranger (CAN) | Mi-Jack Conquest Racing
16 | #6 | Oriol Servia (ESP) | PKV Racing
17 | #7 | A.J. Allmendinger (USA) | Forsythe Championship Racing

Allmendinger's car broke down while he led the race in the early laps, and Wilson hit the wall while trying to pass Heylen for 5th. Bourdais now leads Allmendinger and Wilson by 62 points. Unless Bourdais somehow finishes last at 2 of the next 3 races, I think he may have just clinched his 3rd title. :grumpy:

I watched it on Champ Car's website. It was a great race. A tonne of battles, unfortunate A.J.'s car failed ("Mechanical") and Justin crashed. Those two are my two favorites. Good racing though, angry "Flowing Locks of Hair" had to pit or the damage to A.J.'s championship hopes would have been lesser. Oh well. On to Road America.

m.piedgros

If I recall correctly, the 2007 Champ Car World Series will kick off at Las Vegas. So, we should hope to see Cristiano racing at Vegas next year. :)

BTW, the Road America GP is on Sunday!

Will the race be at the LV roval or will it be on the oval? How many ovals are slated to be on next year's calandar? And finally, what's happening with LB?

m.piedgros

Starting lineup for the 2006 Road America GP @ Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI, USA
1 | #14 | Dan Clarke (GBR) | CTE Racing - HVM | 1:55.123 | 126.585 MPH
2 | #1 | Sebastien Bourdais (FRA) | Newman/Hass Racing | 1:58.945 | 122.517 MPH
3 | #34 | Charles Zwolsman (NED) | Mi-Jack Conquest Racing | 1:55.599 | 126.063 MPH
4 | #15 | Alex Tagliani (CAN) | Team Australia | 1:57.517 | 124.006 MPH
5 | #7 | A.J. Allmendinger (USA) | Forsythe Championship Racing | 1:58.507 | 122.970 MPH
6 | #9 | Justin Wilson (GBR) | RuSPORT | 1:59.076 | 122.382 MPH
7 | #5 | Will Power (AUS) | Team Australia | 1:59.286 | 122.167 MPH
8 | #20 | Katherine Legge (GBR) | PKV Racing | 1:59.388 | 122.063 MPH
9 | #27 | Andrew Ranger (CAN) | Mi-Jack Conquest Racing | 1:59.486 | 121.962 MPH
10 | #2 | Bruno Junqueira (BRA) | Newman/Hass Racing | 1:59.977 | 121.463 MPH
11 | #3 | Paul Tracy (CAN) | Forsythe Championship Racing | 2:00.165 | 121.273 MPH
12 | #11 | Jan Heylen (BEL) | Dale Coyne Racing | 2:00.835 | 120.601 MPH
13 | #6 | Oriol Servia (ESP) | PKV Racing | 2:01.082 | 120.355 MPH
14 | #18 | Tonis Kasemets (EST) | Rocketsports Racing | 2:01.381 | 120.058 MPH
15 | #8 | Mario Dominguez (MEX) | Rocketsports Racing | 2:01.882 | 119.565 MPH
16 | #4 | Nelson Philippe (FRA) | CTE Racing - HVM | 2:02.273 | 119.182 MPH
17 | #19 | Juan Caceres (URU) | Dale Coyne Racing | 2:03.690 | 117.817 MPH

Well, I prayed that Katherine would be okay... and God came through yet again. That being said, that was hands down, the most exciting race this year. I'm glad I had the pleasure of watching it. Great stuff. Good to see Champ Car can produce such excitement and I'm glad that there was a crowd full of Wisconsinites to cheer the boys (and girl) on. If I was Katherine I'd keep that tub as it probably saved her life. That same kind of impact (expcept 80mph faster) put two 11" rods in Junqies back. God bless the Champ Car safety team and whoever designed that car.

m.piedgros

Race results for the 2006 Road America GP @ Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI, USA
1 | #7 | A.J. Allmendinger (USA) | Forsythe Championship Racing
2 | #2 | Bruno Junqueira (BRA) | Newman/Hass Racing
3 | #1 | Sebastien Bourdais (FRA) | Newman/Hass Racing
4 | #6 | Oriol Servia (ESP) | PKV Racing
5 | #9 | Justin Wilson (GBR) | RuSPORT
6 | #14 | Dan Clarke (GBR) | CTE Racing - HVM
7 | #34 | Charles Zwolsman (NED) | Mi-Jack Conquest Racing
8 | #27 | Andrew Ranger (CAN) | Mi-Jack Conquest Racing
9 | #11 | Jan Heylen (BEL) | Dale Coyne Racing
10 | #3 | Paul Tracy (CAN) | Forsythe Championship Racing
11 | #15 | Alex Tagliani (CAN) | Team Australia
12 | #8 | Mario Dominguez (MEX) | Rocketsports Racing
13 | #5 | Will Power (AUS) | Team Australia
14 | #4 | Nelson Philippe (FRA) | CTE Racing - HVM
15 | #19 | Juan Caceres (URU) | Dale Coyne Racing
16 | #20 | Katherine Legge (GBR) | PKV Racing
17 | #18 | Tonis Kasemets (EST) | Rocketsports Racing

Glad to see Katherine smiling and walking after that nasty crash. Aside from Katherine's accident, today's race was awesome. A.J. wins his 5th race and keeps the championship race alive.

20060924P_0007.jpg

20060924P_0006.jpg

20060924P_0025.jpg

20060924P_0046.jpg

A.J. Allmendinger: "I'm not letting a French guy clinch on American soil. It ain't going to happen. All I read all week was how great it would be for Champ Car to have Sebastien clinch on American soil. Well, that's not great for me." :D

Well, I prayed that Katherine would be okay... and God came through yet again. That being said, that was hands down, the most exciting race this year. I'm glad I had the pleasure of watching it. Great stuff. Good to see Champ Car can produce such excitement and I'm glad that there was a crowd full of Wisconsinites to cheer the boys (and girl) on. If I was Katherine I'd keep that tub as it probably saved her life. That same kind of impact (expcept 80mph faster) put two 11" rods in Junqies back. God bless the Champ Car safety team and whoever designed that car.

m.piedgros

Accidents like that really make me nervous. I can't sit and watch constantly until I hear the real word. I'm up pacing around the house, doing other things while the coverage is on. The fact that they repeatedly showed the wreck had me thinking maybe she was OK. Not like when Greg Moore was killed and they wouldn't show any replay. It was absolutely awesome to see her up and talking to commentators afterward. Is it just the camera angle they had? I don't remember "The Kink" being that sharp.
I really miss sitting at Canada Corner with a beer and brat. I haven't done that since Jacques Villeneuve won his first CART race there.

Back in the good old days of CART. The future is bright though fellows. Thanks for the event photos VNAF Ace.

m.piedgros

Aww, as an Aussie Champ Car fan it was pretty dissapointing to see Bourdais take Power out like that. :grumpy:

Meanwhile, congrats to Philippe for his first Champ Car win! It was only a matter of time, so it’s good to see him finally crack it.

On the race: too much safety car, not nearly enough green running. 👎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back