2016 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,290 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I paused the F1 borefest rather than wait to watch race 3 later :lol:

Who thinks Neal will get some sort of penalty for the move on Jordan? I expect he'll keep the win but he should get something for it imo. I thought Smith's rejoining the track was a bit questionable too, it was pure luck that it didn't end in a pile-up :scared:

Plato complaining on twitter that the soft tyre isn't needed. I actually agree - this year the added ballast does the job.

I think it's backfired on ToCA a bit, the soft was supposed to at least match the mediums over a race distance but they're loads slower

Plato complaining on twitter that the soft tyre isn't needed. I actually agree - this year the added ballast does the job.
the ballast has done a great job. The tyre compound is ok, but I think completely ruining a drivers race by using it? Nope, get it out of there :lol:

Glad I paused the F1 borefest rather than wait to watch race 3 later :lol:

Who thinks Neal will get some sort of penalty for the move on Jordan? I expect he'll keep the win but he should get something for it imo. I thought Smith's rejoining the track was a bit questionable too, it was pure luck that it didn't end in a pile-up :scared:

I think it's backfired on ToCA a bit, the soft was supposed to at least match the mediums over a race distance but they're loads slower
He'll probably get a slap on the wrist for it. Smith, well it's understandable he moved to that inside line to defend but he was ahead, had the momentum and inside for the next corner so there was no point really.

Moffat drove a great race but I think his final drive on collard tainted it for me. It was a laugh but really poor of him to keep his foot in off the track and take a place because of it. Luckily it didn't work but a big 'no no' in my book.

@MatskiMonk I told my fiancée you're as obsessed with BMWs as I am :P

:D

Good stuff. Might pinch your idea and take Adrenalin to Thruxton. So far I've only got Priaulx to sign my BMW drivers cap (Andy Priaulx, Dieter Quester, Roberto Ravaglia, Alex Zanardi and Dirk Werner) I don't normally do Autographs, but I've just had three weekends in a row with an even he's been at.

Hope you both had a good day 👍

For Race three I planted my self at the last chicane. Was so busy trying to snap Tordoff going backwards I didn't notice the MG bury itself in the tyres right in front of me :lol:

About 1200 pics this weekend. I suck, or my lenses suck, but a handful of ones I liked...

Gravelstorm by mattstokes1, on Flickr

Frickin' Laser by mattstokes1, on Flickr

5 Spokes by mattstokes1, on Flickr

Badass Bird by mattstokes1, on Flickr seriously, these were worth checking out, just out of the paddock tunnel

BMW by mattstokes1, on Flickr

MG by mattstokes1, on Flickr

Infiniti by mattstokes1, on Flickr

Donington Airport! by mattstokes1, on Flickr

Clio by mattstokes1, on Flickr

Mercedes by mattstokes1, on Flickr

VW vs. Honda by mattstokes1, on Flickr

Jordans Wheels by mattstokes1, on Flickr

About 1200 pics this weekend. I suck, or my lenses suck, but a handful of ones I liked...

Gravelstorm by mattstokes1, on Flickr

Frickin' Laser by mattstokes1, on Flickr

5 Spokes by mattstokes1, on Flickr

Badass Bird by mattstokes1, on Flickr seriously, these were worth checking out, just out of the paddock tunnel

BMW by mattstokes1, on Flickr

MG by mattstokes1, on Flickr

Infiniti by mattstokes1, on Flickr

Donington Airport! by mattstokes1, on Flickr

Clio by mattstokes1, on Flickr

Mercedes by mattstokes1, on Flickr

VW vs. Honda by mattstokes1, on Flickr

Jordans Wheels by mattstokes1, on Flickr

Awesome shots :bowdown:

In other news I have a Canon digital camera for Oulton now for £140 :D

Moffat drove a great race but I think his final drive on collard tainted it for me. It was a laugh but really poor of him to keep his foot in off the track and take a place because of it. Luckily it didn't work but a big 'no no' in my book.

Moffat was along side, collard being collard knew the Merc would beat him to the line so moved across and forced Moffat off the track.

If collard didn't force Moffat off the the white line wouldn't go from one side of the BMW to the other.

Think that was 4 deliberate jinks to the right. Oh, BTCC. :lol:

hsv
Defend Moffat at all costs!11!!1!
Aren't the schools back yet?

Anyway interesting to know that the BMWs have 10bhp more than last year but are slower than last year on the speed traps because they were caught using an illegal piece of aero which surprisingly enough was only discovered when collard rolled it.

Just caught up with race 3. That was brilliant.

Aren't the schools back yet?

I've noticed this quite a lot recently from some of the regulars in the BTCC threads, and I'm not singling you out, Holden, as you are by no means alone in this. It's unnecessary comments like that - snide and unnecessary - and the I-know-something-you-don't-know air of some that make this thread a really rather sad and unpleasant place to be. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only grownup in a thread of teenage girls.

Roo
Just caught up with race 3. That was brilliant.

I've noticed this quite a lot recently from some of the regulars in the BTCC threads, and I'm not singling you out, Holden, as you are by no means alone in this. It's unnecessary comments like that - snide and unnecessary - and the I-know-something-you-don't-know air of some that make this thread a really rather sad and unpleasant place to be. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only grownup in a thread of teenage girls.
He also made an unnecessary comment.

@Roo didn't see me like a kid in a candy shop when I first saw the Super Tourers at Oulton :lol:

He also made an unnecessary comment.

So that justifies the childishness?

The best thing to have done would be to ignore it. You're a Moffat fan, we all know that. @hsv placed the bait - again, in my opinion unnecessarily - and you took it hook, line and sinker.

And that's my point - the tit-for-tat pointlessness drags this thread down.

@Roo didn't see me like a kid in a candy shop when I first saw the Super Tourers at Oulton :lol:

I was too busy squealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back